(Topic ID: 183324)

Solved: JP Power Shed won't keep Control Room lit?

By PinballZach

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meloyelo51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

I just restored a JP and all is working good except this one problem. When I shoot the Power Shed to re-light the Control Room it doesn't stay lit, it only flashes shortly from hitting the in-lane switch. I looked at the Power Shed switch in the subway and it looks fine, and the strange thing is that when I hit the Power Shed in CHAOS mode it registers the "S". It just won't re-light the Control Room or work during System Boot mode.

[pure guess] It could be a matrix issue that has different effects depending on current game mode?
If you go into switch test mode...does anything else appear stuck? Does the control room switch work normally or does it possibly trigger multiple switches instead of itself in test mode?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

It doesnt stay lit. Its a timed shot.

Yes I know, but I am not 100% sure that it is solely dependant on time. I wasn't sure off the top of my head if hitting some other target made the time expire early, or if it was just instantly disappearing. If my memory serves correct...I thought Power Shed shot was either permanent till end of ball or just really took a while to time out. The inlane switch I thought was the one that gave a short time period.

What I meant was if you go in to switch test is anything besides "t-rex" up registering on all the time could indicate one of these problems if was related to a target. (the guess part is that if the control room switch was stuck, I am assuming it would instantly trigger the mode without shooting it, but if a wierd combo the machine doesnt like triggered at the same time, it might get confused and revoke/not activate the mode).

Also if you don't get a hit on here...
You could try the JP owners thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/62#post-3642844

And outside Pinside...I did recently start a JP owners group on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JurassicParkPinballOwners/?ref=group_cover

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Problem Solved! It turns out it wasn't fine as I just needed to bend the metal tab on the switch, it wasn't making full contact when the ball rolled over it. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Hey, it works now...that's what matters!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Meloyelo51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-power-shed-wont-keep-control-room-lit?tu=Meloyelo51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.