(Topic ID: 73001)

JP plastic set on eBay going for big money. CPR, help us!

By ChadH

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

ebay.com link » Data East Jurassic Park 17 Pieces Pinball Plastic Set

This incomplete Jurassic Park plastic set has over two hours left and is currently at $590!

CPR, where are you? You are our only hope!

#2 7 years ago

Auction ended at $590. That was for 17 pieces, two of which were broken.

CPR!!! Save us!

#3 7 years ago

Wow, insane.

Used, Incomplete and with 3 broken pieces (one in the top left corner also has a broken chip from it.)

#4 7 years ago

Whew Chad.....I thought that was your $ 590

#5 7 years ago

I still can't believe nobody is making these..........even at $150-$200 a set,there's a bunch of money to be made if you were already setup for this type of work.

#6 7 years ago

Wow, I might have to sell my set!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Wow, I might have to sell my set!

Hold on to your set! I might be willing to trade a new T-REX if you swap a few of your good condition plastics for mine. Then you can post the set with broken plastics and get like $500, right? I'm serious, by the way...

#8 7 years ago

How about someone make a deal with CPR and send a spare set in and benefit the entire community. Or maybe someone with like 20+ pins could take the plastics off their JP and send them to CPR for duplication and help everyone in the community.

Are there licensing rights that would have to be met before this could happen?

#9 7 years ago

Same thing happened to a BSD plastics set a few months ago

#10 7 years ago

At least could someone scan a set? For the good of the community?

#11 7 years ago

Damn... I should have scanned mine when I shopped it. Mine are all nice, minus one small chip on the left bumper and one cracked one on the top right. Good candidate for scanning and clean-up and printing.

For $590, I'm tempted to scan them all in, get them printed nicely, cut some lexan, then sell my original set. I could use the cash, that's for sure.

I'm gonna scan all my plastics from now on.

#12 7 years ago

If I still had all 4 of my machines, I'd pull my JP plastics and send them to CPR with a deal to get a free set for another game or something (sold JP in Aug 2012). $590 for a non-complete and damaged set is stupid.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Are there licensing rights that would have to be met before this could happen?

I'm sure there would be.

#14 7 years ago

selling an incomplete set for $590 isnt stupid but i would thinking buying it for that price would be lol.

#15 7 years ago

Would anyone that actually has a new set be willing to put up full scans? This will allow people doing their own plastics to have them and improve the situation, at least until CPR runs JP plastics. You'll get big props from me and some friendly mentions around the forum.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside