• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mato
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Looking at getting a JP Lost World

Never played or heard a lot about it The Wife loves JP the movie so this might be a good one to get her down and playing.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=lost+world&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#4136

#2 10 years ago

Not a bad game, has fun shots and spinners. Things to check are the snagger assembly (which used to be a pain in the ass to rebuild or find parts for, I think it's gotten easier to find parts for?..it's been several years since I had to)
It is also an insanely difficult game to complete and get to ''San Diego''. If you don't care about that, fun pin overall.

#3 10 years ago

Never a fan of the Lost World pinball, more a family/kids game to me. The original JP game however is awesome I think, 5x better game overall

#4 10 years ago

I love this game. Fast and straightforward. It's similar to Iron Man in that respect.

Nice thing is, this game is cheap. It has the worst video mode of all-time.

$1,000-1,200 make sure that snagger works!

#5 10 years ago

So I own one.. Tony used to have it....Here is my take.

I LOVE JP. LOVE IT. I have the books, the movies, saw the new one in 3d. I was pumped to play the original JP when I first got into pinball. Hated it. Maybe I need more time on it, but I don't go out looking for it.

Now when Tony (in mn) had LWJP, I played it and loved it. It has many modes, that utilize all the different shots. Timed modes. Good call outs, funny call outs. Multitude of shots and if you can alternate the ramps, it feels pretty good. The snagger ball lock is pretty cool, but can be disabled if you think it slows the game down. Plays 1-6 player as well, which is unique to those segas.

Should be in the mid $1k in good shape.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

It has the worst video mode of all-time.

Even worse that JM?

#7 10 years ago

For surely. It's basically a version of the Atari game, Pitfall. Except it doesn't work very well.

#8 10 years ago

yuk, most jp games suck balls

#9 10 years ago

I have one and really enjoy it. The snagger toy can be a huge pain if it's not working properly. And the egg was beat to hell in the routed machines. I have a nice one with NOS egg, a topper that was never used (im using it), and nice working snagger toy. Those sega targets are cheaply made. Nobody mentioned this yet but the shaker motor in this machine is used REALLY well....multiball is kick ass! Yes as others have said...video mode is horrible. But it's a very challenging game....I have yet to reach San Diego. It looks great with LEDs.....those lights in the back underneath the ramps are a PITA to reach tho. Nice mode based game with funny call outs, a great musical score, and simple yet entertaining skill shot.

I like mine....not leaving my collection.

#10 10 years ago

Oh ya. The stand ups can break pretty easy. I've replaced maybe 4-5 already, but also the plastic holder that holds the stand up and the button break too. Always nice to have a few on hand.

Oh duh the video mode....yeah...big after thought. Not fun, just a button push like pitfall.

#11 10 years ago

I've played both, and I agree that the original JP is a much better machine for gameplay. I know there's always a controversy, but I think it's right up there with some of the best machines of that era. The only reason it's not is because it's a Data East machine.

#12 10 years ago

each to their own........just not my cup of tea, dam I don't even drink tea lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
$ 18.95
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-lost-world-should-i-if-price-ok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.