4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GLSP3022.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have JP Lost World that has been a problem child since day 1. I'm seriously ready to go TNT roof drop on this one.

After sorting through several issues, getting it near 100% and rebuilding the snagger with all new parts, the game resets when pressing one or mostly both flippers at the same time.
Heres what I've tried after reading through countless repair posts:
First off ChrisHibler has already looked over these boards before I got the machine and all headers are new.
I've replaced the CN2 connector on the CPU. I've replaced the CN2 connector on the DMD driver. The ribbon cable between the driver and CPU is brand new.
I've measure voltage on the driver board at 5.04v. It never seems to fluctuate.
I've replaced both diodes on the flipper coils.
I have parts ordered to replace the J16 connector but I feel theres something in the flipper circuitry that is failing.
Any help is appreciated

#2 4 years ago

Without using the flippers. With the glass off, when the machine starts multiball, it resets with everything going.
Are there bridges or caps In a Wbitestar system that go bad like the William's WPC games? This is exactly like a Williams reset.

#3 4 years ago

Also note that the voltage in the CPU is 5.02v and DOES NOT drop during the reset.
I'm completely stumped.

#5 4 years ago

Inhave read through that many times. It fails to mention flippers/ coils causing resets.
I trust Chris, he does great work. Maybe a second look from Coin Op Cauldron couldnt hurt.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya if there are failing/bad diodes on coils that can feed back to the board :/ I know Clive told me a few times to replace the diodes when he shipped a board back

I am tempted to replace every coil diode just to see what happens. Good suggestion

#9 4 years ago

I'm going to say this is resolved after 25 straight good games w no resets.
Spoke with Clive at Coin Op Cauldron. He says there's no reason flippers should cause a reset in a Whitestar system. He suggested re-seating all cables that come off the transformer block, sounded like a loose ground. Sure enough after re-seating all of the cables, the machine has not reset once. Even mashing both flippers for a good minute would not trigger a reset.
Chalk it up to a loose connection at the transformer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GLSP3022.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-lost-world-resetshelp?tu=GLSP3022 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.