(Topic ID: 23165)

Jurassic Park scoop light mod — complete!

By accidental

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5078_s.jpg
Illustration+of+a+green+power+button+i.png
IMG_5067.JPG
IMG_5066.JPG
IMG_5065.JPG
IMG_5063.JPG
photo.JPG
before_after_t-rex.jpg
JP_Repaired_1000.jpg
OriginalStitch_1000.jpg
JPFilmCells.jpg
MyLights.jpg
FlyerLights.jpg
JPScanComp.jpg
JP_dinos2.jpg
JP_wTrees.JPG

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Wasn't it Nedry wagging his finger and repeating "uh uh uh that's not the magic word". Which was annoying
It needs to be a simple symbol to be visually effective. Something to do with rebooting a computer system.

Thats right, that would suck.

#52 11 years ago

I would pay good $$ for the mods . Name ur price??

#53 11 years ago

I would be interested in them also...

#54 11 years ago

I just sold a JP but I havent shipped it yet , I would love to add these for my customer. How much and how quick can I get a set.

#55 11 years ago

Seeing as there is some interest I might look seriously into making some for sale for you guys. Sorry Phatchit I probably won't be able to get something made in time for you and I wouldn't want to sell you my set. It's not in the greatest condition seeing as it suffered from a little trial and error.

The other thing that I would do for a second set is try suggestion above of ditching the exclamation marks for power icons. And I also didn't make the Bunker scoop light a blue icon to match what was a stock blue light. I made them all yellow but I'd try out a blue icon there.

I'd have to find out what the real costs would be to make it since I piggybacked the laser cutting and printing off the back of other jobs I was doing at the time.

I seriously have no idea what these would be worth. If I left it to the buyers to pick LEDs that they like rather than ship any with it, what would you typically expect to pay? Looking casually around I see that there's a Twilight Zone spiral light mod that is similar (but doesn't light up, it's just a sign) that sells for $38. Now Twilight Zone is a bit of a cash cow so maybe mods for that pin command higher prices? I don't know. But compared to that I see that three scoop lights that make up my mod could sell for ~$100? I'm flying blind here, though.

#56 11 years ago

For an update, here's what they look like in their final mounting positions with the white LEDs. My camera blows out the bright light so you can't see the '!' inserts that are lit in the photo but they're as you'd expect in real life.

IMG_5078_s.jpgIMG_5078_s.jpg

You can see that they really look a lot better with trees to add a bit more visual interest around them. Kinda frames them nicely. I think I can source these trees pretty easily and could sell them with the mods if people wanted them also.

#57 11 years ago

How did you fasten the trees and dino? Glue? Screwed from underneath?

#58 11 years ago

I want my mods to be purely cosmetic and reversible so no glue or new holes. Blu-tack for the trees, thin wire wrapped around the Raptor's foot and fixed under a nearby screw. Haven't had anything move/lean/fall yet If you were putting it on location like this I'm sure you'd want to more solidly fix them down.

#59 11 years ago

Looks great! Like it belongs in the game along with the trees. Ideal for a mod - seamless.

#60 11 years ago

Best mod ever, nice!

#61 11 years ago

Am down for 100$ !!! So how long?

#62 11 years ago

How soon would you like them? I can use the spare pieces I've got to make another set if you want them quick — I could make them in a week and send them via air mail. I have got an idea to improve the design so it's more seamless so you might prefer to wait until then. PM me to discuss if you like

Now that there's a bunch of interest to buy them I'll produce a dozen or so sets. I'll let everyone know when I've got them organised.

#63 11 years ago

I would love to get those too, please let me know when you have anything ready (no hurry here :p)

#64 11 years ago

Ok I'll wait for the improvement

8 months later
#65 10 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I am still working on redoing the t-rex and the gates. Was hoping to have them done in about 4 weeks but not sure that's going to happen.

Matt, any word on your JP T-Rex and Gates mod? Lots of interested buyers I'm sure.

9 months later
#67 9 years ago

Any update. They sure look great.

#68 9 years ago

Absolutely Tokkentakker! I sell them at my website, www.loopcombo.com

I am out of stock right now because I have had trouble with laser cutters and printers getting good yields at the high quality that I expect. I have some components arriving this week and will be making up sets after that. Check next week — I'll give you a heads-up anyway

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-has-been-well-shopped-commencing-mods-%e2%80%a6/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.