Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PtownPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

untitled (resized).png
20170909_171257 (resized).jpg
IMG_8447 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Just asking opinions -- (my current trading status notwithstanding) -- my current collection includes a Game of Thrones and Jurassic Park, and I have an offer of a Hobbit Smaug edition for them. I'm obviously not super great at values (and I'm not super concerned to be frank -- well, kinda, but that's beside the point, I'm more looking for a fair trade with a game type i'll enjoy), but I can say that I like the look of hobbit. I'm a "journey" type player that really enjoys modes and multiballs. Long ball times are good times. Whatcha think? Fair?

#4 1 year ago

Also should point out that if I trade, it will be the only machine I have -- down from 2 to 1.

#7 1 year ago

I'm actually kind of surprised by the answers so far, I assumed I'd get a lot of "TAKE THE HOBBIT" answers. Ha!

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Definitely play Hobbit first. You will regret the trade if it is your only game, and you discover you really hate it.
There are much better "long ball time" games (LOTR or Woz) for a self described "journey" type player.

Sadly I have no way to play Hobbit

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Just drive to Schmitty's one afternoon evening

I have my son this weekend and the trade is supposed to take place Sunday if I go through with it.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Take the Hobbit. There, I said it. Hobbit is amazing. Everything you said you enjoy in a game is in Hobbit like no other. Do it.
I agree though, it's hard to get a game without playing it. I watched a ton of videos on Hobbit, and Never played but maybe 2 games at pinburgh before buying one. We love the theme, and jjp games are tops. I would take it in a second over both those others though.

Thanks for the advice -- honestly, I'm over GoT at this point after owning it twice -- but JP I'm currently on honeymoon with. ha

#20 1 year ago

Thanks for all the comments and advice every one. My wife and I talked it over and came to the conclusion we'd rather have two games than one.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hey Wasp, good meeting you a couple hours ago. I hope JP really does end up being a keeper for you...wait, what is this thread!?

Great meeting you too, man!! Come over any time!!

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You mean you'd rather sell two games than one.

You know me too well, beelzeboob.

#39 1 year ago

Thanks for the discussion everyone, as I said earlier my wife and I had a talk about it and decided to hang with 2 vs 1, at least for now.

Quoted from bdaley6509:

I would make the trade, and give the pinsider an extra 2k just cause he's a super cool dude

Hahaha! Hey man! Super cool, huh?

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from japespin:

Is GOT and TH a possibility? Seems like that would be a great combo next to each other, no?
waspinat0r quick slightly off the topic question for you, as I know you've owned both... GOT better than SW Pro?

Naw, GoT is heading to a friend tomorrow for a different game. And I think GoT is better than SW, yes. By far. (SW is good, but a different kind of game than I would want in my home when compared to other types of games in this realm.)

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from comment23:

Then you can be like me Wasp! (well you did trade your WCS):

Thassa nice lineup! I will say, I prefer JP to WCS as of now though! Looking forward to seeing how I feel about Shadow vs GoT

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 11.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waspinat0r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside