• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled (resized).png
20170909_171257 (resized).jpg
IMG_8447 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Just asking opinions -- (my current trading status notwithstanding) -- my current collection includes a Game of Thrones and Jurassic Park, and I have an offer of a Hobbit Smaug edition for them. I'm obviously not super great at values (and I'm not super concerned to be frank -- well, kinda, but that's beside the point, I'm more looking for a fair trade with a game type i'll enjoy), but I can say that I like the look of hobbit. I'm a "journey" type player that really enjoys modes and multiballs. Long ball times are good times. Whatcha think? Fair?

The Hobbit SMAUG is in a different league than those two games....the build quality, graphics, game play is awesome....if its HUO and essentially new its a good deal....really depends on the GOT and JR quality and condition....that being said the Hobbit game is in a different league

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Wise move. Variety is more fun.
Opinion only ==> Hobbit is a spectacle to see and look at. It's just not very exciting, especially compared to some of its modern competition. I would love to have one on loan for about six months, but not own.

I couldn't disagree more...The hobbit is a game u have to play for a while, dial it in, and understand the complex rule sets (similar to LOTR). If you don't do all three of those things u really can't comment on the game....I've owned a GOT LE and it was average at best (got rid of it after 6 months). Theres a reason it isn't rated that high...that being said everyone is different, but u really can't compare the the two games. The Hobbit build quality is 10X anything Stern has ever put out. The only comparisons are my AFRMLR and MMRLE....

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Because the nib price is so high. You can't price any used game within 10-15% of nib while the game is still available nib. Higher the nib price, the bigger the loss at resale. I see a ton of GB on market lately, and they don't sell either when price is to close to a nib. Acdc was so frickin high due to lack of availability, but as soon as ve was announced, the premium sits at $6300 often now. It has nothing to do with Hobbit being a bad game because you can now get it for $6700-7200 now. I paid$8k nib for my Le. 10-15% off puts it in that price range appropriately. Once Hobbit is out of production, then we can better gauge it's end value. I think overall, the higher priced games are tougher to resale anyway compared to cheaper Stern's, unless it's a real Le stern. It is a fantastic game in a set of masterpieces from jjp. In the end it's all just personal preference, and personally would take the Hobbit easily over those others. Everybody has different tastes, and that's ok.

Well said....

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

"build quality"
same shit different thread
keep ur JP and GOT. JJP fan boys would buy a JJP pile of manure because its built well. What a joke.

No joke dude...u own a Star Wars Pro...clearly u have really great taste ...I have an LE and its not as good as the Hobbit....

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I will admit 100% that JJP machine is built better, feels more solid but I couldn't care less, its about gameplay and while Sterns may not feel as solid they aren't made out of paper mache either, I've had many many Sterns pro's and Pre/LE's with very little in the way of structural or PF issues, I would much rather have my SW pro or an IM than WOZ or TH and thats because of theme, gameplay etc. Its just not a very good arguement as to why one would buy a pin, you ever heard this before? "I hate the theme and the game doesn't play all that well but man the build quality"

you can't honestly feel that the Star Wars Pro has good game play...IM yes...very fun game....SW game is totally overblown and frankly a overpriced joke...although I agree that WOZ theme is average, the actual game play is awesome, but you have to understand the rules to truly appreciate, which is consistent with TH. The SW Pro it will probably fall apart in 5 years....

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you feel the same about your swle?

Its a better machine than the pro simply due to the hyper loop/death star, trim, etc.....the build quality is average at best i.e. play field dimpling all over the place after 30 plays...i.e. my LOTR LE after 7 years has none....not in the same league as old build Sterns, JJP, or CGC.....I bought the game due to the theme, the perceived SW market, and with the hope the game play would be great....I'm sure I'll take a $ hit at some point, but time will tell...u can't enjoy this hobby, and be worried about money.......

#90 6 years ago

Good one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-got-for-hobbit?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.