• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled (resized).png
20170909_171257 (resized).jpg
IMG_8447 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago

Take the Hobbit. There, I said it. Hobbit is amazing. Everything you said you enjoy in a game is in Hobbit like no other. Do it.

I agree though, it's hard to get a game without playing it. I watched a ton of videos on Hobbit, and Never played but maybe 2 games at pinburgh before buying one. We love the theme, and jjp games are tops. I would take it in a second over both those others though.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

There's also a reason why used Hobbit prices are dropping like a rock.

Because the nib price is so high. You can't price any used game within 10-15% of nib while the game is still available nib. Higher the nib price, the bigger the loss at resale. I see a ton of GB on market lately, and they don't sell either when price is to close to a nib. Acdc was so frickin high due to lack of availability, but as soon as ve was announced, the premium sits at $6300 often now. It has nothing to do with Hobbit being a bad game because you can now get it for $6700-7200 now. I paid$8k nib for my Le. 10-15% off puts it in that price range appropriately. Once Hobbit is out of production, then we can better gauge it's end value. I think overall, the higher priced games are tougher to resale anyway compared to cheaper Stern's, unless it's a real Le stern. It is a fantastic game in a set of masterpieces from jjp. In the end it's all just personal preference, and personally would take the Hobbit easily over those others. Everybody has different tastes, and that's ok.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think konghusker's argument was not based on original purchase price (which should be irrelevant to the buyer anyway), but on what a NIB is currently available for (i.e. how much more would I have to pay to just get a new one). NIB WOZ standard is $8.5k from JJP, I think, so if used are selling for ~$6.5k, that'd be a similar ~20% drop-off from NIB pricing.

Exactly. It doesn't matter what a seller paid when purchased nib. It matters what currently that game nib(if still available) is going for. My Hobbit one year ago was $8k shipped. I don't see any problem with a used huo going for around $6500-7000. GB is about a $6800-7k nib game correct? It's popping up all over recently for $6k-$6500 and those are usually modded with $700-1000+ in mods. Doesn't mean it's a great game holding it's value or bad. After GB with mods can easily be a $7700 game, and can sit still for $$6300 huo. It literally is simply supply and demand dictating the used market. Hobbit is definitely considered the weak link in a stellar jjp lineup by most, but the game really is amazing and different. A used Le at $6500-7000 is a smart buy for anybody looking for a journey type game. All this plus the fact that there are a lot of new titles released these days, and that alone will force huo games down in price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-got-for-hobbit?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.