Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PtownPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

untitled (resized).png
20170909_171257 (resized).jpg
IMG_8447 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

HUO Hobbits are selling for < $7k currently (two are sitting now at $6.8 and $6.9k, so I'd guess current market price is a bit below that). Assuming the GOT and JP are in good shape, they're worth maybe $4.5k and $2.5k? So from a cash value perspective this seems relatively fair, maybe a bit in their favor.

From a gameplay perspective I'd rather have GOT and JP. But Hobbit looks beautiful, and it definitely has its fans. I probably haven't played Hobbit enough to make a final judgment about the gameplay, whereas I know I enjoy both GOT and JP, and a two game collection is twice as big as a one game collection, so ...

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hey Wasp, good meeting you a couple hours ago. I hope JP really does end up being a keeper for you...wait, what is this thread!?

His honeymoon periods only last 3-6 hours -- JP's already on the block!

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

It has nothing to do with Hobbit being a bad game because you can now get it for $6700-7200 now. I paid$8k nib for my Le. 10-15% off puts it in that price range appropriately. Once Hobbit is out of production, then we can better gauge it's end value.

Looks like Hobbit LE is $8.5k from JJP at the moment, $8k for the standard edition. So 18-22% off NIB pricing (ignoring shipping or sales tax costs) gets you to a $6.6k HUO price. That seems like an acceptable discount for a used game. Is the pricing for HUO WOZ similar?

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

someone has a hobbit gold for 6k right now on the other thread.

Here's the link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-hobbit-smaug-gold-edition-1#post-3958350

Will be interesting to see, but I assume that'll sell pretty quickly. There are Hobbits sitting at $6.8-$6.9k, so the market price must be a bit under that, but it'd be surprising if it's as low as $6k.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not for WOZ. WOZ ECLE's have been holding their value better and now in most cases are worth more then what original owners paid for them.

I think konghusker's argument was not based on original purchase price (which should be irrelevant to the buyer anyway), but on what a NIB is currently available for (i.e. how much more would I have to pay to just get a new one). NIB WOZ standard is $8.5k from JJP, I think, so if used are selling for ~$6.5k, that'd be a similar ~20% drop-off from NIB pricing.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here's the link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-hobbit-smaug-gold-edition-1#post-3958350
Will be interesting to see, but I assume that'll sell pretty quickly. There are Hobbits sitting at $6.8-$6.9k, so the market price must be a bit under that, but it'd be surprising if it's as low as $6k.

Sale is pending today. So $6k is definitely still below market price for a Hobbit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester , PA
$ 8,999.00
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside