• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by drbond
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

So, fellow Pinsiders,

A Jurassic Park has come up for sale locally, and the asking price is $1750 CAD [roughly 1658 USD]. The machine works 100%, and the playfield is clean with no wear. The topper is also included.

Apparently the average sale price on Ebay for this game is around the $1550 mark, so I'm assuming the asking price for this particular machine is pretty good considering the excellent condition of the complete package.

This would be the first pin to find it's way into my home (seeing as I'm extremely picky with the condition of a machine before I even consider a purchase, which is why I have been looking for what seems like ages). I've done my research, and from what I gather, this game is great as a 1st machine, and also a worthy companion in any collection - well suited to players of any age and skill group. It's also praised as being D.E's crown jewl, so I'm seriously considering this particular example, and would LOVE to hear everyone's thoughts/comments, cautions/concerns, experiences with J.P etc, etc.

Biggest concern is it being gone before I even get a chance to look at it. I've already contacted the seller though, so the ball is in his court now.

Thanks so much. You folks are wonderful!

-Colin

#2 14 years ago

It was the first pin I picked up after my wife and I got out of an apartment and into a place where I could own one. I still have it after 5 years and it's been a great machine.

Things to look out for:

- Make sure the T-Rex works and eats the ball correctly
- Make sure that the modes start when you hit the control room shot. There's a known issue with the diode breaking on the switch down there (easy fix, but if someone knows what they're doing, this won't be a problem when you buy it)

Other than that there really aren't any problem spots on the game. The legs, siderails, and lockbar should all be black, by the way.

#3 14 years ago

It's good to hear you took your time and did your research colb,
too many times someone will buy a game and get stuck with a turkey for the next decade just because he/she wanted to buy one so bad.
hopefully you will get a chance to play it before you lay your money down.
Who knows maybe even get it for less? -Good luck

#4 14 years ago

Also check to see what firmware version it is running. The latest is 5.01
It's easy enough to upgrade and not a big deal but can always be used as something to knock a few extra $$$ off the price especially with a seller who's not a pinhead like us.

#5 14 years ago

Excellent thoughts from all, and a big old thank you so much!

I'm still waiting a response from the seller, but I will definitely do everything in my power to knock the price down if I do get the chance to see the game in person. I am not going into this with an emotional attachment to the idea that I WILL get this machine, so I have no problem walking away from it if I feel that for whatever reason something anywhere along the line is less than satisfactory.

I will keep you all posted of any progress/updates...

#6 14 years ago

Yes, the ROM version is important because the newer ROM versions are able to make the T-Rex more reliable as they cause the motor to pulse rather than run full bore. It looks the same during play, but it saves tons of wear and tear on the gearbox.

#7 14 years ago

Great info folks, so thanks again!

Turns out I've been waiting for a response from the seller as he's trying to sort out a shipping option for someone who wants the machine out of Province. He told me that if the whole shipping process makes the deal "Unnapealing" than he would rather someone like myself come and take a look at it in person.

It might sound harsh, but I hope the shipping process DOES make the whole transaction "Unnapealing" for the seller.

Keep your fingers crossed my fellow Pinsiders - as I wait patiently for another response from the seller.... hopefully no immediate news is good news, and I will at least get a chance to view the game myself!

#8 14 years ago

Hello!

For what it is worth, I agree with others in that it is a very nice game. I feel fortunate to have it in my small game room and it is still one of my clear favorites. Overall I find the game to be fast, non-linear (it is randomized between the 11 minigames), has a shaker motor which adds a ton to play, and is just plain fun (perhaps I am a sucker for a roaring T-Rex).

I know that some people do not like Data East games, yet I have two (and possibly three as a REALLY cheap Tales from the Crypt has cropped up in my area) and I am not disuaded by the Data East moniker at all. So far my two Data East games have been reliable and have felt sturdy. Yet some people still feel that all Data East machines are made poorly. In fact, I recently attended an arcade auction and there was a Jurassic Park there and when one person saw this they immediately exclaimed "Data East garbage". When I heard this I just rolled my eyes as I feel they are completely wrong in regards to this particular Data East title.

I hope you get what you are looking for. I know what it is like to want a title and not be able to acquire it. And if you do get the Jurassic Park I think you have a chance at a machine that will bring you a lot of joy in the future.

Always...

#9 14 years ago

Hello!

I was just wondering how everything turned out?

Always...

#10 14 years ago

Hey Santeh,

The seller never got back to me again since his initial reply. I'm assuming he did follow through with the out of Province sale, or he's just taking his sweet time deciding if it's worth the extra effort dealing with a customer who can't physically look at the game in person?

I plan on sending him one final email if I don't hear from him in the next day or two - at least to get some closure on things if nothing else.

Either way I'm content knowing I still have the cash on hand I can use down the road for another machine (when the right one presents itself).

-Colin

#11 14 years ago

Those things in your nose still look good colb......

#12 14 years ago

Okay fellow Pinheads,

Good news!

The seller isn't going to bother with the hassle of shipping his J.P. out of province, soooooo, we're just in the process of setting up a time when I can tke a look at the game in person.

I'm pretty excited seeing it's been over a week since I heard from the guy. I naturally expected that it had long been sold, but it looks like good fortune has swung my way this time 'round.

Keep your fingers crossed on this one folks! I really hope she's in the condition he says she is!

#13 14 years ago

I never like any sale where it becomes a hassle on negotiating the price or the delivery/pickup terms for very long.

I'm like these guys in the new American Pickers show on the History channel. I look and wait for bargains and walk away when I can't make a helluva deal. I fixed both of the old tube amps for the guy who sold me the Cirqus Voltaire. I got the NLA tubes from a friend who is an old HAM guy for $20. Now I only owe him $200. He said he's going to sell them for alot more as people really want these old tube amplifiers ? I think he might be getting a good deal on those after researching. The tubes I got from my friend can't be found except in places like Russia. I guess old audiophiles love antiques.

#14 14 years ago

Well good luck colb hope it turns out

#15 14 years ago

Well,

It's been a loooooooooooooong time coming, but today my first step towards pinball nirvana came true (no longer just a dream, but a reality)! I'm the excited owner of a fine Jurassic Park!!!

I couldn't be any happier - really...

My wife and I met up with the owner today who was extremely warm and hospitable. So much so, he let us play a number of different games in his collection of 25 pinball machines! The majority of his games were from the 70s and 80s, but did he ever have that basement rec room filled to overflowing (and I mean overflowing. He had bits and pieces of machines upstairs in his living room that he was currently working on - and wouldn't fit downstairs with the rest of his collection)!

I was able to ask him lots of questions and play several games on the J.P. Everything seemed so right, and the game was in great condition. To top it all off he even offered to deliver the game to my home (approx. 2hr round trip) tomorrow at no extra charge! In addition, we were able to settle on a price 150 bucks less than he was originally wanting!

Needless to say, as soon as we got home the lady and I found ourselves busy cleaning up and making a spot for J.P's new home!

Thanks once again for everyone's input and support throughout this whole process! It made the initial purchasing journey so much easier for me!

-colb

ps: There's a Junkyard just around the block I found recently, and managed to take a look at yesterday which is in pristene(sp?) condition. I've obviously purchased the J.P. and don't currently have the spare cash laying around for a second pin, BUT, the thought has crossed my mind......

#16 14 years ago

Part of the hobby no one really talks about is meeting cool people - nice

#17 14 years ago

Congrats on your first pin Colb. JP is a fun little DE game, that doesn't hurt the wallet. Aside from Tales from the Crypt & Guns n Roses, JP is one of my fav games (among Bally/Williams and Stern titles). Sounds like your already starting with the ol' collection frenzy too...eyeing a Junkyard to add to your stable. It always starts with one, and then they multiply! Better start planning ahead, for your JP T- Rex to get some neighbors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-good-1st-in-home-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.