(Topic ID: 242330)

JP burning raptor coil

By C65Mustang

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

OK, so my here is the story so far. On my MPU there was alot of alkaline damage and at some point the game would slllloooowww boot but many coils would not fire. So I got a rottendog MPU004 and swapped it out. Also there was a couple fuse clips on the power suply board that were broken so I have fixed them for now, but need the part number so I can fully replace them soon. I started up the game and still game booted very slow and I still didn't have many coils working. Then on the PPB board the flippers & 50V fuse I found was blown so I replaced it. Now when I turned the game on there was a loud hum and the raptor coil started to smoke, I turned the game off and that is where I stopped! Any ideas on what to look at next?

#2 4 years ago

disconnect the single smaller wire going to that coil, then check to see if everything else works.
    sound like a driver transistor has shorted out.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

disconnect the single smaller wire going to that coil, then check to see if everything else works.
    sound like a driver transistor has shorted out.

are the driver transitors located on the main MPU board or a different one? I will look at taking that wire off tonight.

Thanks in adevance

#4 4 years ago

Do you have a manual, I don't own one, but sounds like the driver transistor would be on the PPB (not sure that's right) board.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

Do you have a manual, I don't own one, but sounds like the driver transistor would be on the PPB (not sure that's right) board.

here is a digital copy

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1343/Data_East_1993_Jurassic_Park_Manual.pdf

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-burning-raptor-coil?hl=wdennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.