Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SUPERBEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

So about 1 in every in 3 or 4 balls ejected will go into the shooter lane and then bounce out of the shooter lane and back into the trough. I've watched the whole issue play out numerous times and nothing is immediately obvious. What am I missing? It's almost like my coil is hitting the ball too hard? Still factory original coil and I haven't touched it.

I've spent the last 30 minutes searching pinside for a solution to this and finally gave up and decided to post my own thread.

#2 2 years ago

Take a look at my post in the Jurassic Park Club - 2nd post on page 61:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/61

I think I'm having the same issue as you. One person recommended a new coil but I've already changed the coil sleeve. I did order a coil just to rule that out so as soon as I change it, I'll report back. Someone else recommended checking the ball lock assembly coil but I've already ruled that out and made sure it's working fine. Let me know if you have any success with this and I'll do the same.

Thanks,
TJ

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Take a look at my post in the Jurassic Park Club - 2nd post on page 61:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/61
I think I'm having the same issue as you. One person recommended a new coil but I've already changed the coil sleeve. I did order a coil just to rule that out so as soon as I change it, I'll report back. Someone else recommended checking the ball lock assembly coil but I've already ruled that out and made sure it's working fine. Let me know if you have any success with this and I'll do the same.
Thanks,
TJ

So it's like we're almost having opposite issues. Sometimes my ball comes out so hard that it bounces off the opposite vertical wall of the shooter lane and goes back into the trough. Then it has to get popped back into the shooter lane.

#4 2 years ago

If its a factory coil and windings havent been removed then i wouldnt think it would be the coil. Did this problem just start ? Could be that the ball is catching a lip somewhere where the trough meets the playfield causing it to launch up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside