Topic poll

“Which resin color should be in the vials”

• Yellow 12 votes
    36%
  • Orange 21 votes
    64%

(33 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 144 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

157831169625364817325888984290 (resized).jpg
15783116735436779367726936122497 (resized).jpg
1578311633706107512780663460816 (resized).jpg
3AE872EF-5D5D-4473-B45B-898D7C665E17 (resized).jpeg
21DD4410-45AF-4E34-8E4D-70130EC23A93 (resized).jpeg
9C1DA225-3303-4E80-8129-674FC6842DF0 (resized).jpeg
B31FB937-096E-4BB5-92DF-EA6925B62EAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
15759480186036106922799259444797 (resized).jpg
can (resized).jpg
20191203_173251 (resized).jpg
20191203_190013 (resized).jpg
20191203_190004 (resized).jpg
IMG_1415 (resized).jpg
IMG_1416 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #219 Prototype mod pics Posted by flashinstinct (1 year ago)

Post #272 Pics and wiring info Posted by flashinstinct (1 year ago)

Post #318 The printing process Posted by flashinstinct (1 year ago)

Post #320 Install instructions Posted by flashinstinct (1 year ago)

Post #343 Barbasol mod lighting up in play Posted by flashinstinct (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eightballtexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. My LE is ready for this.

Thanks.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Has a list been started?

Rockwall in the House. I am Plano/Frisco area.

#43 1 year ago

We are all waiting in extreme anticipation for the next picture including graphics.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Pics of mod sitting on the driveway please

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#48 1 year ago

Thanks so much for the speedy service.

Incredible mod.

HAHA

PACKAGE (resized).jpg
#60 1 year ago

Two words for you on this bad ass mod.

" Hurry Up" Just kidding.

One request , could we ask for some type of number / word or name on the can? If we are in the early stages and you are not mass producing that would be way cool. A small upcharge for a small custom job. Mine will be a number on the can . It will match my serial number....yes I know I am weird.

Cant wait to see this bad boy come to life.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's possible but just note that I'm making the sticker on a silver foil so that the sticker will have reflective properties which are mass produced. I don't mind adding easter eggs on the can because I'm going all out with the graphics. Like the barcode could be your number since you are the first to ask.

Awesome.

Sold.

I will be the first one to send you paypal....ahahaha

#69 1 year ago

Directions number 1 has a mistake....when you hear not "ear".

#71 1 year ago

Yep, this is taking to long . I want to cancel my order.....

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can take 4 weeks to design and tweak it, we have plenty of time.

you-can-do-it-rob-schneider-31156303 (resized).png
#80 1 year ago

I saw a thread from Mezel Mods doing a can but not as cool as this bad boy.

Whats your next project after this??

#102 1 year ago

We need our daily Barbasol fix. Bring it buddy.

Cyrocan_Prop_Replica_by_LionFX (resized).jpg
#104 1 year ago

Cool.

Have a great weekend.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

Stop posting, go to work!

EXACTLY!!!

#108 1 year ago

We also work weekends....Travel Biz never sleeps.

#109 1 year ago

I guess I'm working this weekend after all. These showed up a few days early[quoted image]

Are those Pajamas? Cmon man...HAHA

#111 1 year ago

Nah in shorts but took a break to go watch my godson play hockey...tryouts for AA..,in the arena...in shorts lol

I forgot you are up in the freezing part of the continent. It was 95 degrees today.

How far are you from Montreal?? traveled there 5-6 times.

#114 1 year ago

flashinstinct - working as we type, I bet painting has begun.

#121 1 year ago

Coming along[quoted image]

Looking good man.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Between this mod and some others that are in the works I’m gonna spend a small fortune lol.
Excited to be in the first 10 and can’t wait to see the final version!

I feel your pain. HAHA.

What are your top 3 mods you will be buying or already bought?

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Mezel mods is working on some cool stuff. I like the raptor pit, tower mod, the gate, and I’m stoked to see this moving T-Rex they are allegedly working on.
I’m still very much excited to play a premium version of this game. I think the feature I really want to see is the raptor pit. That seems like it could be a fun toy.
Having said that I couldn’t be more happy with how fun the pro is and plenty of mods will be available to make this thing even more awesome!

I agree, I like all 3. They should do a buy 3 for a nice discount deal.

The Gate is already on it's way to me....yeah yeah...sucker...lol

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Woo hoo I'm number 2! I'll probably receive this before my LE lands.

Same Here!!!!!

#148 1 year ago

Back to holding pattern. Unit is 100% but now comes test fitting which can't happen until Sept 20th. Still waiting on UV diodes, alligator clips, molex, wire spool, step down, photoresistor. Hopefully next week will be a big push in the right direction.

I cant wait 23 days man....I need my daily fix. LOL.

Anyway you can visit someone near by to see how it fits, you might be able to sell them one or give them one for allowing you to test it.

Anyways great job so far and it will all come together even if its sept-oct....just excited.

#155 1 year ago

I agree.

Be cool to be able to move it once a year . haha.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I like bottom left as it’s closest to Nedry or top right

Those are my 2 choices.

Why not 2 cans?? one for each side....different color in the tubes or change the led so they are a tad different.

It's the most important mod-

#160 1 year ago

BRING ON THE RESIN!!!!!

#164 1 year ago

No rush brother....be with your granny.

#173 1 year ago

Orange all the way with as much mods I will do . It will show much better/

No way you could do 2 colors? would that jump the price??

#187 1 year ago

Add me to to VIP list....lol

#190 1 year ago

HOLY GOOD NEWS FOLKS
Granny is going out of the hospital and back to the residence. Doctors cannot explain the recovery and it seems the antiobiotics given did the trick to close and repair the fissures in her intestines and get rid of the infection. On a sadder note they did find a cancer mass that they cannot operate on the size of a grapefruit so she is still on borrowed time but I WILL FUCKING TAKE IT. The word miracle comes to mind I am so happy of the news.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As you said hopefully she is much more comfy at home with all her items she loves. You, Pets, her own bed, etc etc.

95 and still going................lot's of time to visit her and maybe even take her somewhere nice.

#207 1 year ago

Bottom portion light test. I have the wrong LEDs in right now. Waiting for flat top to distribute the light more evenly but at least the light disbursement diffuser is doing its job.[quoted image]

Nice Work as always. You deserve the award for persistence.

I hope you sell 100's

#210 1 year ago

PSA : Folks please DO NOT pay for shipping. PayPal fluctuates with the currency exchange on a daily basis and makes it a nightmare to track.
That is all... Now back to work....

Oh Yeah......your up north in what we call The Upper Northern USA. haha.

#213 1 year ago

Excellent progress.

We are all here ready to pounce.

#220 1 year ago

I don't know if I am more existed because this is here and I get to play or because I can finally fit test the Barbasol can[quoted image]

Awesome news man.

What's your number??

#221 1 year ago

Prototype wins. Didn't turn the game on yet. The one on the right orbit will be higher . Didnt want any hands in the pic.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like it on both sides. I might go right side as raptor mod might be too much...will take a pic in a few weeks.

#238 1 year ago

This is thematic[quoted image]

That is cool, how's it taste??

Look at this version.

https://www.eater.com/2016/8/23/12608902/beer-45-million-year-old-yeast-fossil-fuels-brewing

#242 1 year ago

I am going to assume people are happy with the size of the unit and will start mass production of pieces as early as tonight.

Mass it dude.

1 week later
#285 1 year ago

Aloha All,

How’s life Modville?

#292 1 year ago

***///DAILY UPDATE///***
I'd like to start by thanking everyone for their patience. I hope these somewhat daily updates are reassuring you that i'm not just sitting on my ass doing nothing. I've been chipping at the block on a daily basis so things are going well. Just not fast but a steady pace.
Over the weekend I managed to solder all led series together. All 450 of them. The beer was good at the end of the session.
I also managed to create 9 of the 31 partial wiring harnesses. I will be focusing my efforts on creating all of these in the next day or so. This portion of the harness goes from CN6 on your power supply board and goes all the way to the relay. This relay will have to be screwed to the underside of the playfied (no worries spacers and screws will be provided). I would have had more done but I really underestimated the amount of wire required (I ran out). I've given everyone a lot of loose so that even if you raise the playfield and do maintenance the wires will not tug on any connection or be tight. There is also a fuse in the circuitry to be even more secure (it will also require a screw if you want to install it, I personally don't like any dangling wires). I recommend just doing a quick pilot hole so that the screw goes in nice and smooth without stressing the wood. If you uncomfortable about that, I'm sure double sided tape for the relay and the fuse could be used.
REPRINT
I've started reprinting the bottom cryo cell to reinforce the location where the underside plate screws into the piece. I've complete 12 of the 45. This should be completed by Wednesday.
GRAPHICS
This is scheduled for tomorrow. I will make modifications to the print and then send off to the printer hopefully Wednesday. They should arrive by the following week. I have also taken the time to create labels that clearly identify what is what so that no mix up occurs. Expect to see something like the labels in the attached pic attached to some of the wires. This is to prevent accidents from happening.
PAINT
As soon as the bottom plates are done printing and given a full day to cure I will paint the Mid plate, top plates, bottom cryo cell, bottom plate and can edges together. These will be left to dry for a few days before I even attempt to touch them.
ASSEMBLY
If all goes well and I don't have to reprint the top plate. I hope to start assembly next week. The paint is suppose to arrive this week, if that doesnt happen then everything gets delayed because I have to mix and insert resin in roughly 315 centrifuge tubes and then I have to insert the led arrays in all of them. My plan is to solder the resistors once the leds have settled and the resin has completely cured, trapping the leds inside.
NEXT WEEK GOALS
Start printing bracket stands. This is where the EB will come in. I can only print 3/6 of these a day. Which means, I will sending these in batches. I will print them, cure and then painted in small batches everyday. As soon as a bracket is dry and ready to go, it will be packed and shipped.
Again this is all a moving target and goals that I set for myself but I try to push on forward. Again I really appreciate all your patience.
Thanks,
Guy aka flashinstinct[quoted image]

You are kicking ass man.

We can wait. lol

#294 1 year ago

Well hello beautiful 28 harnesses[quoted image]

I only counted 27....get with it brother...haha...

#298 1 year ago

***///DAILY UPDATE///***
- All white rings printed
- All bottom cryo cells are painted
- All main columns are painted
- Finally figured out the problem with the base plate which consumed 3 hours of my life. One thing for sure is that I'll never make that mistake again and the 3d Printing lesson was learned last night. Stupid checkbox.
- put the harness on the back burner until tonight
- one small tweak for graphic testing today and files should leave for printer tonight
TODAY
Since the cryo cell and the main column are painted (they look awesome), I can now assemble those two pieces and the white ring together. Which means that I will be assembling all of the units lower portions tonight along with the secondary wiring to those leds.

Slacker!!!!!!!

#302 1 year ago

UPDATE!!!!
Ran into a problem Thursday where the LED lights were bleeding through the paint and the plastic. While I liked the look I knew it wasn't going to be for everyone. The other problem came when I had to squeeze the LEDs in. While it had never happened in the other test two wires came into contact and we'll.. ....kaboom LEDs. To solve the problem I've had to recreate some parts to a) make it safer for wires not to cross and b) to prevent the light from bleeding through the sides.
Now lights have a plate the point the LEDs on the inside and all wiring is on the outside to the loop. The only connections will be in the middle and at opposing ends preventing any shorts.
I will then cover the exterior of the led solders on the outside with electrical tape. Serves two purposes 1) prevent the light coming from the back of the led to show on the exterior walls and 2) add an extra level of protection.
In other words ....2 Problems solved.
[quoted image]

You Da Man!!!

With as much attention to detail and passion to deliver the best product ever, you need to start thinking of your next mod. We are fans.

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Holly crap. I would go at that skin like Hannibal Lecture. What isn’t better covered in bacon.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PORK FAT RULES

#309 1 year ago

Nah it's turkey day. And everyone overcooks turkey so it always taste like shit. The secret to a good turkey is bacon.. you cover that bird with bacon and you put spices and butter between the skin and the meat....flawless turkeys[quoted image]

Thought you would have popped 1-2 LED's in the bird before you took the picture. HAHA

#314 1 year ago

printing on new parts has started. Ièm guessing I will have a video with all parts installed in my machine wednesday / Thursday and will start filling in orders next week. Fingers crossed.

We are ready......let's get this baby installed.

#316 1 year ago

UPDATE
- New parts currently printin
- Top Plate painted
- Can cylindar painted
- new main column parts curing
TOMORRROW
Paint base plates

Send a little video of that bad boy printing.

#319 1 year ago

Unfortunately I can only print this part in small batches. The prints start to fail if I add too many pieces. The bottom layers on the outer edges of the print area cool off and don't adhere to the plate. You can loop this and keep yourselves entertained lol
[quoted image]

Very cool . Thanks for showing us that badass rig doing it’s thing .

#321 1 year ago

Another thing to cross off the list - get your reading on![quoted image]

Okay now that we see your talent, what is the next item in the cooker? Hint please.

#323 1 year ago

heck yeah, gonna take you awhile to count all that cash....let me know if you need a awesome travel agent to help with that VIP vacation.

#330 1 year ago

****////DAILY UPDATE////****
- Mid plates painted
- All top plates painted
- Center Columns painted
I still need to put the resin inside the centrifuge tubes, it take roughly 30 hours to cure since adding the paint adds to the hardening time. The bummer about the paint is the supplier never got back to me after making my order. When I called yesterday they told me the stock was backordered and I would need to wait an extra 3 weeks. So I am going with plan B, fluorescent coloured paint with a mix of glow powder with resin. I will pour the new mix tonight to have it all hardened up for Saturday. Which means no video until Saturday.
With that said. The final pieces to make the can are on the printer as we speak. I will need til Saturday to get all the bottom plates done. Painting the final pieces over the weekend.
Which leaves the harnesses that go from the can to the relay (as per instruction sheet). I will start assembly tonight on those. Which means, soldering all resistors to the led series that I have already made. Test each series to make sure everything works. Put the leds inside the lower canister and seal them up. This will be my main focus for the next few days.
Once the final test is done Saturday, I will proceed to pour all the resin in all the units and attach all the leds within the top portion of the can. And if nothing has changed (which should not have), I will start printing the brackets for the Stern version. I can only print 3-6 of these per day. (blaming build volume on SLA printers).
I still haven't shipped things to the printer. Which I hope to do before tomorrow. I'll be honest, it's slacking from my end and entirely my fault. I decided to focus elsewhere and it kinda got off the radar. So I have to get my ass in gear and send this to the printer. It usually takes them about 1.5 weeks to send these back.
SHIPMENT FORECAST *** NOTE TO ALL BUYERS ***
Considering all these factors, I'm confident that I will start shipping units the week of Nov4th. If you haven't already, please tell me which version you are intending to buy (Data East or Stern). Also note that I have to head over and drive roughly an hour to get to a DE JP. So while I know some of the DE clients have paid first, i will ask for patience. My main goal is to get these done and after the big wave is over I will have to book some time with my friend to a) find the 12V on the game and b) create a bracket. I apologize for the delay but I only have so much spare time on my hands and I have been dipping alot into family time lately to get this all done.
The end is near[quoted image]

Family First!!!!!!

We are almost at the finish line.

Off to the expo brother, have a great weekend.

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Excited to see the video.

Bring on the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#345 1 year ago

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from catchlight:

Just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for your continuous updates. I kinda feel bad for you with all the "minor" setbacks and lost time but it was very cool that you took us along through the whole process. I cannot wait to get mine in the mail, and I am looking forward to your next project!!
Thanks again!
Don

Agreeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#353 1 year ago

Not much to share - Stickers are finished and on their way. New light blocker plates have been printed for the top of the can. Bracket 15&16 are printing. 17&18 on cue for tonight. Resin is being poured soon. Full assembly starts Nov 3rd. I will start contacting buyers as soon as the first units are finished to arrange shipping payments. Cue for launch.

I am not shaving until my CAN arrives.

#355 1 year ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I don't own a JP but this thread really does highlight all the work that some of the modders put into their products and explains the sometimes perceived high costs for such mods. Preparing mods in such small batches in your garage/basement without industrial scale tooling is not going to make anyone rich. Thank goodness we have such awesome folks in the hobby that are willing to take the time and dedication to do this.
Great job.

Exactly!!!!

#357 1 year ago

Hope it doesn't take that long HAHA.

#361 1 year ago

All brackets are printed. Tonight is paint time. It's official, all Stern parts are printed. With that said, I am prepping for my yearly Halloween party for the next few days. Waiting to receive roughly 60 people this upcoming Saturday. I won't have time to ship this week or even assemble but at least you know that your parts are ready to put together. The only thing I will be doing this week is putting the stickers on the cans and pouring the resin. My JP already has the mod installed, it will be put to the test Saturday as guests will put around 60 - 100 plays on the game.
/////***IMPORTANT FOR BUYERS****/////
REFUNDS - at this point I will give you the rest of the week to get a refund. If you are not satisfied with what you have seen so far I will give everyone the opportunity to get their money back.

Think about options where to place the CAN. I am ordering one but cant use it on the left side. Any ideas would be great while your in test mode.

If you can send some pics of it in other areas would be awesome.

Thanks again for the detailed work.

#368 1 year ago

UPDATE: Last night I noticed that the lines on the can were dashedÉÉ upon further inspection i realized that the print was low-res. The print shop printed the thumnail version of the image instead of the high res. Long story short. I won't compromise on quality. So...back to printer...and now have to wait for the new stickers to arrive. Sorry for the delay.

#370 1 year ago

Believe me arguing with a printer that's trying to pass a quick one on you is just more aggravating then anything. I feel exactly like that picture. I could have just said "ah fuck it".....but I told myself 'Would I be happy with this"......the answer was "no". Then the choice is obvious. I will be logging off for the next few days to finish off Halloween party preps. Back to work on this Monday. At least by the time the stickers come back everything will be ready for assembly.
Since I've taken a systematic approach to this, everyone that has a Stern game will pretty much receive all of their mods at the same time.

Take off the weekend, have fun, drink that crazy beer you have up there, smile and come back Monday rested and ready .

#372 1 year ago

Ready for resin.[quoted image]

We missed you its been a longgggggg 4 days.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

nice job guy, the end result is amazing (from the video).

Two of my fav Canadians.

acdcplate (resized).JPG
#378 1 year ago

Roughly 60 people showed up. Last person left at 2h30 in the morning. Took me 9 hours to take all the decorations down. And I'm getting bombarded with pictures of things I did that I don't remember doing LOL. The good news out of all of this is that the pinball was payed 126 times, the mod was never touched and worked flawlessly all night. I can't say the same thing for my brain the next morning.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Pictures. You did go all out.

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

wow!!! that looks like on helluva party!! Do you do an Xmas party too?!?

and if you do are we invited?? I need to see some snow..LOL.

#382 1 year ago

Didn’t have time for resin. But did pick up the stickers and installed them. They look black on the image but can assure you it’s just the light.[quoted image]

I love it when a plan comes together...name the actor and show....no cheating.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from rkelley17:

George Papard, The A-Team

Winner-Winner

How about a A- Team pin?? lol

#386 1 year ago

Resin poured.tomorrow. soldering[quoted image]

Nice .

Row 16 x 10 has my name all over it. lol

#389 1 year ago

All soldered up. I wish I could paint but my wife went to her mom's house for 2 minutes (an hour ago) and I'm still waiting to go get the paint.[quoted image]

Men go to the mall....we are in and out.

The rest is history.

#392 1 year ago

News from the front.
Assembly has started.
I will assemble the top portions of the cans first, 5 top units are complete. Aiming to get all top of units done by tomorrow night. Beer time.

Molson Time

#398 1 year ago

Half way to today's goal[quoted image]

I needed that update today. Monday the postman arrives. no pressure.

#400 1 year ago

I actually liked that movie.

#403 1 year ago

@arcadem...your unit is tested and ready[quoted image]

Damn I am at the back of the bus. Ouch. No Love.

#404 1 year ago

@arcadem...your unit is tested and ready[quoted image]

Congrats Bro. Send us a pic asap.

#406 1 year ago

I'll have at least 12 done today. Tomorrow is shipping day for some of you.

I have a feeling I am in group 5. lol

Congrats to the early birds.

#412 1 year ago

arcadem, Rydhia, pinzap, tuflyf, wfumed2, adamross, yelobird, bgwilly31, estrader, brett, fxdwg, rgzpinx
Your MODS are ready to be packaged and shipped. Some of you have already sent me payments for expedited delivery. If you have received a PM you need to choose and pay for a payment option before packages get sent out.
Next 16 people on deck
catchlight
bsavage (still don't know which version you want to purchase DE or Stern)
@PDX mike
mtg381
racerx61 (still don't know which version you want to purchase DE or Stern)
oldpinguy
@aflajack
blakester (still don't know which version you want to purchase DE or Stern)
@Specterman
leaffan67 (still don't know which version you want to purchase DE or Stern)
darthsinex
mayboyz
pinballzach
c2scanada (still don't know which version you want to purchase DE or Stern)
timlah79
I will send new PMs has I get them done. I will be going to the post office tonight and Friday. By my estimates I will be able to complete about 4 per night or another 16 on Thursday.

Where the heck is my name?? I know I was gone 3 weeks but geesh...AHAHA. Hope you dont run out.

Are most of you guys placing it on the top right? or bottom left?

#420 1 year ago

Only needs shipping labels and we will be off to the races[quoted image]

Nice job.

#428 1 year ago

Working on the rest... 50% done. No shipments tomorrow. Will take the Friday to finalize everything. PMs will be sent.
[quoted image]

Once again fine work and take a day off .

Is it to early to start thinking "ABOAT" MOD 2? HAHA.

#433 1 year ago

All units have shipped. If you haven't received your tracking number and have purcahse tracking let me know and I'll get you rnumber for you.

Got it and all looks good.

Check in next week when this bad boy arrives.

Thanks.

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

My bracket did not survive the trip either.[quoted image]

Wow....Houston we have a problem.

Mine arrives tomorrow, let's see what it brings.

#444 1 year ago

I will place a bracket in the freezer overnight and test integrity tomorrow morning. I apologize to everyone about this unforseen problem. I'm working to get things fixed as fast as possible.

If mine makes it to Texas safely it will be good. No snow or freezing issues here.

#447 1 year ago

New v2 bracket vs v1. I will be paiting the first bracket tomrrow on shipping it to the first person who received their unit. I will wait until they receive the initial bracket to make sure it survives the trip before shipping the other ones.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What is the difference? thicker?

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

the first photo shows the section to the vertical i-beam is much thicker and gills in the i-beam and the second photo is the original thinner section - this will make it much stronger

Ahhh got it . TY

How's your machine treating you Swinks?

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry to add to your list, but I just opened mine, and the bracket was broken as well.
No problem waiting.
Looks exceptional,though....much better than I Imagined!
(....and I can more than empathize, its happened to me many times)

Damn.......not looking good for my delivery tomorrow.

Seems most are breaking...darn...hope I can manage modding my mod when it arrives...simple stuff I know.

#476 1 year ago

Today is the day for another tsunami of deliveries. If you can't laugh about it....what can you do?
[quoted image]

I hope I dont have to show you. lol

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Mine is broken as well[quoted image]

I think maybe the other poster might have had a good point. Packaging it separately might have helped.

#484 1 year ago

To all buyers. yelobird was kind enough to offer an olive branch. Long story short, everyone will receive a new bracket shipped directly from the states using a much stronger material. What does this mean for you? It means everyone will receive a bracket in the next two weeks or so.
I won't lie, I've been stressing for the last week trying to find ways to accelerate the process so everyone can enjoy their mod.
This is the best answer.
Have a great weekend.
Guy

Love It!!!

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m sure that could be arranged when they are done.

Yelo,

I love your mods by the way. I have about 7 items in my cart for my new PIN.

#492 1 year ago

Guess the delivery to texas has issues. Mine was picked up on the 17th and paid for 4 day and now it's the 23rd and no news. Looking at 7 days or more.

Let hope the delay is because mine is hand driven down from Canada and it will not be in pieces. HAHA.

I am only going to shave once it's in machine..

#494 1 year ago

I got a email saying my delivery is here....I run to the door....woohoo....excited since I was expecting Monday.

I didn't have to open box and already knew it was broken. Dang!!!

I was thinking take off the bracket that's left on the can and use sticky tape and place it on plastic, you will still see the lights.

Anyone thought to do that, will be all snug back there and safe.

smashed (resized).jpg
#500 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Brackets are Complete. Ran them 24/7 all weekend to get all those beautiful shaving cans hung by the Xmas tree for the holidays. Paint process starts tomorrow morning with Hopes (not promises....) to get ALL of these sent out this week if I can cure the paint properly in time so they ship unmarred.

Thanks for stepping in. We can wait a little longer.

#506 1 year ago

Wednesday's broken bracket therapy lol[quoted image]

images (resized).jpg
#507 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Cheer up, All replacement brackets are complete and paint curing so ALL will be taken care of this week and everyone will be Loving your awesome mod in no time. Plus, win is good for Every day good and bad!!![quoted image]

Looks Fantastic.

Well Done Sir.

#509 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Even though my bracket is also broken and the post office had all kinds of mix-ups getting the package to me (which I can confidently say is the primary reason it's broken), I'm not one bit upset. Why? Cause this is a beautiful work of art, from attention to detail on the piece itself, to its packaging and instructions. I'm beyond impressed and I haven't even seen it light up yet!

Let's have a light party before bracket arrives. I think I will got power it up and then leave it in cabinet till bracket arrives...or maybe use tape for tonight and place it. Who's in?

Safe and Sound at home with eggnog ....life is good.

#515 1 year ago

TWIPY FOR THE BEST FAILED MOD DELIVERY perhaps LOL.

Just think of Mod 2 , what excitement we will have hanging with you on that one . You will have to be one of the members on our cruise ship event.

Have a great day guys.

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As promised on schedule. All complete, wrapped, and boxed to leave tomorrow for the JP mod fans. Time for Turkey!![quoted image]

Very Nice. Thaks again.

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Oh it happened. Sideways apparently, but it happened. Maybe an airball will break my bracket someday? I will be so happy to have a spare!![quoted image]

B
A
M

1 week later
#552 1 year ago

Hi All,

Back from my biz trip.

1) Running the wires thru the hole - Simple - Running wires down bracket-Simple
2) Mounting Can- Simple
3) Drilling holes, I used my own screws as I didn't have a small tool for your type you sent. - Simple
4) Getting wires into holes on board- 6 times did it...if I had a solder gun it would have been quick.
5) Finding CN-6, - Simple. Powered this baby up -Simple

6) Ran the sensor to nearby option. Not working.

As the sensor wire is not to long, what would be a option B?

Thanks for the assistance.

can (resized).jpg
#554 1 year ago

You have to use a screwdriver to change the sensitivity of the sensor on the relay board.

Where did you place the flasher?? if you have a picture that would be great.. Since I have power I think it's all correct.

Will go try the board now.

#556 1 year ago

Placed it almost in the center of the playfield. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow

I placed mine bottom right so I cant seem to find a good source.

#559 1 year ago

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

Thanks so much for your help tonight. I was a dummy and missed a loop...DOH.

My Can is popping now....

#560 1 year ago

One last question.

If I adjust the sensitivity will that make it go off less / more? Where I placed it for now it's going off almost constantly. I think I need to more it to a area where it's not so frequent unless that's what the sensitivity is for.

Thanks again...wonderful MOD. It's almost my fav....I think the goat is the winner...LOL. NOT!!!! My wife hates that damn goat. Guess I will be taking it out and having a bar b cue later.

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

UK early adopter here. Received my Barbasol can and replacement bracket from the US and Canada before I actually received my JP premium which finally arrived yesterday. Spent about 45 minutes replacing the bracket and then wiring it all up. Works like a dream. Very clever bit of kit. Followed this thread from day one and got in early. Glad I did. Great mod which is neck and neck with the chest opening mod on POTC for mod of the year. Brilliant to have such creative people in this hobby. Kudos to flashinstinct and hope you'll have more riocha now it's night of the working mods as there was for night of the broken brackets.

I agree 1000%.

We need him now to start on his next creation and stop counting all that money...HAHA.

Going to give him a nice feedback now.

#565 1 year ago

Batman 66 please

Joking on the money. Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eightballtexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside