15759480186036106922799259444797 (resized).jpg
can (resized).jpg
20191203_173251 (resized).jpg
20191203_190013 (resized).jpg
20191203_190004 (resized).jpg
IMG_1415 (resized).jpg
IMG_1416 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 4 years ago

UPDATE!!!!
Ran into a problem Thursday where the LED lights were bleeding through the paint and the plastic. While I liked the look I knew it wasn't going to be for everyone. The other problem came when I had to squeeze the LEDs in. While it had never happened in the other test two wires came into contact and we'll.. ....kaboom LEDs. To solve the problem I've had to recreate some parts to a) make it safer for wires not to cross and b) to prevent the light from bleeding through the sides.

Now lights have a plate the point the LEDs on the inside and all wiring is on the outside to the loop. The only connections will be in the middle and at opposing ends preventing any shorts.

I will then cover the exterior of the led solders on the outside with electrical tape. Serves two purposes 1) prevent the light coming from the back of the led to show on the exterior walls and 2) add an extra level of protection.

In other words ....2 Problems solved.
IMG_20191013_125353 (resized).jpgIMG_20191013_125353 (resized).jpg

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

UPDATE!!!!
Ran into a problem Thursday where the LED lights were bleeding through the paint and the plastic. While I liked the look I knew it wasn't going to be for everyone. The other problem came when I had to squeeze the LEDs in. While it had never happened in the other test two wires came into contact and we'll.. ....kaboom LEDs. To solve the problem I've had to recreate some parts to a) make it safer for wires not to cross and b) to prevent the light from bleeding through the sides.
Now lights have a plate the point the LEDs on the inside and all wiring is on the outside to the loop. The only connections will be in the middle and at opposing ends preventing any shorts.
I will then cover the exterior of the led solders on the outside with electrical tape. Serves two purposes 1) prevent the light coming from the back of the led to show on the exterior walls and 2) add an extra level of protection.
In other words ....2 Problems solved.
[quoted image]

You Da Man!!!

With as much attention to detail and passion to deliver the best product ever, you need to start thinking of your next mod. We are fans.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

You Da Man!!!
With as much attention to detail and passion to deliver the best product ever, you need to start thinking of your next mod. We are fans.

Who said I wasn't lol?

#304 4 years ago

Canada has a Thanksgiving? Do y'all serve chicken?

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Canada has a Thanksgiving? Do y'all serve chicken?

Nah it's turkey day. And everyone overcooks turkey so it always taste like shit. The secret to a good turkey is bacon.. you cover that bird with bacon and you put spices and butter between the skin and the meat....flawless turkeys

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#306 4 years ago

Nah it's turkey day. And everyone overcooks turkey so it always taste like shit. The secret to a good turkey is bacon.. you cover that bird with bacon and you put spices and butter between the skin and the meat....flawless turkeys[quoted image]

I would totally eat that.

We have turducken down here.

#307 4 years ago

Nah it's turkey day. And everyone overcooks turkey so it always taste like shit. The secret to a good turkey is bacon.. you cover that bird with bacon and you put spices and butter between the skin and the meat....flawless turkeys[quoted image]

Holly crap. I would go at that skin like Hannibal Lecture. What isn’t better covered in bacon.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Holly crap. I would go at that skin like Hannibal Lecture. What isn’t better covered in bacon.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PORK FAT RULES

#309 4 years ago

Thought you would have popped 1-2 LED's in the bird before you took the picture. HAHA

#310 4 years ago

Thought you would have popped 1-2 LED's in the bird before you took the picture. HAHA

Nope I drizzle it with maple syrup and watch magic happen.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/maple-roasted-turkey-with-sage-smoked-bacon-and-cornbread-stuffing-recipe2-1941783

#311 4 years ago

printing on new parts has started. Ièm guessing I will have a video with all parts installed in my machine wednesday / Thursday and will start filling in orders next week. Fingers crossed.

#312 4 years ago

printing on new parts has started. Ièm guessing I will have a video with all parts installed in my machine wednesday / Thursday and will start filling in orders next week. Fingers crossed.

I can't wait!!

#314 4 years ago

We are ready......let's get this baby installed.

#315 4 years ago

UPDATE
- New parts currently printin
- Top Plate painted
- Can cylindar painted
- new main column parts curing

TOMORRROW
Paint base plates

#316 4 years ago

UPDATE
- New parts currently printin
- Top Plate painted
- Can cylindar painted
- new main column parts curing
TOMORRROW
Paint base plates

Send a little video of that bad boy printing.

#317 4 years ago

Send a little video of that bad boy printing.

Then Speed it up!

#318 4 years ago

Unfortunately I can only print this part in small batches. The prints start to fail if I add too many pieces. The bottom layers on the outer edges of the print area cool off and don't adhere to the plate. You can loop this and keep yourselves entertained lol

15711984776827221253622402682950 (resized).jpg15711984776827221253622402682950 (resized).jpg
#319 4 years ago

Unfortunately I can only print this part in small batches. The prints start to fail if I add too many pieces. The bottom layers on the outer edges of the print area cool off and don't adhere to the plate. You can loop this and keep yourselves entertained lol
[quoted image]

Very cool . Thanks for showing us that badass rig doing it’s thing .

#320 4 years ago

Another thing to cross off the list - get your reading on!

instructions.pdfinstructions.pdf
#321 4 years ago

Another thing to cross off the list - get your reading on![quoted image]

Okay now that we see your talent, what is the next item in the cooker? Hint please.

#322 4 years ago

Okay now that we see your talent, what is the next item in the cooker? Hint please.

Vacation LOL.

#323 4 years ago

heck yeah, gonna take you awhile to count all that cash....let me know if you need a awesome travel agent to help with that VIP vacation.

#324 4 years ago

It will pay for new tools.
And also found a mistake in my instructions. Will have to modify that.

#325 4 years ago

awesome instruction sheet, well done and the mod is looking great as well

#326 4 years ago

Running a bit behind. All main columns are painted. Moving to Mid plates later tonight. The first part of two will be done tonight which leaves me one wiring sample and a base to paint tomorrow for the test.

#327 4 years ago

are you going to make similar instructions for the Data East version?

#328 4 years ago

The instruction will be roughly the same, the location and pin number for the source will be different but yes the goal is to make a slightly different sheet.

#329 4 years ago

****////DAILY UPDATE////****
- Mid plates painted
- All top plates painted
- Center Columns painted

I still need to put the resin inside the centrifuge tubes, it take roughly 30 hours to cure since adding the paint adds to the hardening time. The bummer about the paint is the supplier never got back to me after making my order. When I called yesterday they told me the stock was backordered and I would need to wait an extra 3 weeks. So I am going with plan B, fluorescent coloured paint with a mix of glow powder with resin. I will pour the new mix tonight to have it all hardened up for Saturday. Which means no video until Saturday.

With that said. The final pieces to make the can are on the printer as we speak. I will need til Saturday to get all the bottom plates done. Painting the final pieces over the weekend.

Which leaves the harnesses that go from the can to the relay (as per instruction sheet). I will start assembly tonight on those. Which means, soldering all resistors to the led series that I have already made. Test each series to make sure everything works. Put the leds inside the lower canister and seal them up. This will be my main focus for the next few days.

Once the final test is done Saturday, I will proceed to pour all the resin in all the units and attach all the leds within the top portion of the can. And if nothing has changed (which should not have), I will start printing the brackets for the Stern version. I can only print 3-6 of these per day. (blaming build volume on SLA printers).

I still haven't shipped things to the printer. Which I hope to do before tomorrow. I'll be honest, it's slacking from my end and entirely my fault. I decided to focus elsewhere and it kinda got off the radar. So I have to get my ass in gear and send this to the printer. It usually takes them about 1.5 weeks to send these back.

SHIPMENT FORECAST *** NOTE TO ALL BUYERS ***
Considering all these factors, I'm confident that I will start shipping units the week of Nov4th. If you haven't already, please tell me which version you are intending to buy (Data East or Stern). Also note that I have to head over and drive roughly an hour to get to a DE JP. So while I know some of the DE clients have paid first, i will ask for patience. My main goal is to get these done and after the big wave is over I will have to book some time with my friend to a) find the 12V on the game and b) create a bracket. I apologize for the delay but I only have so much spare time on my hands and I have been dipping alot into family time lately to get this all done.

The end is near

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#330 4 years ago

- Mid plates painted
- All top plates painted
- Center Columns painted
I still need to put the resin inside the centrifuge tubes, it take roughly 30 hours to cure since adding the paint adds to the hardening time. The bummer about the paint is the supplier never got back to me after making my order. When I called yesterday they told me the stock was backordered and I would need to wait an extra 3 weeks. So I am going with plan B, fluorescent coloured paint with a mix of glow powder with resin. I will pour the new mix tonight to have it all hardened up for Saturday. Which means no video until Saturday.
With that said. The final pieces to make the can are on the printer as we speak. I will need til Saturday to get all the bottom plates done. Painting the final pieces over the weekend.
Which leaves the harnesses that go from the can to the relay (as per instruction sheet). I will start assembly tonight on those. Which means, soldering all resistors to the led series that I have already made. Test each series to make sure everything works. Put the leds inside the lower canister and seal them up. This will be my main focus for the next few days.
Once the final test is done Saturday, I will proceed to pour all the resin in all the units and attach all the leds within the top portion of the can. And if nothing has changed (which should not have), I will start printing the brackets for the Stern version. I can only print 3-6 of these per day. (blaming build volume on SLA printers).
I still haven't shipped things to the printer. Which I hope to do before tomorrow. I'll be honest, it's slacking from my end and entirely my fault. I decided to focus elsewhere and it kinda got off the radar. So I have to get my ass in gear and send this to the printer. It usually takes them about 1.5 weeks to send these back.
Considering all these factors, I'm confident that I will start shipping units the week of Nov4th. If you haven't already, please tell me which version you are intending to buy (Data East or Stern). Also note that I have to head over and drive roughly an hour to get to a DE JP. So while I know some of the DE clients have paid first, i will ask for patience. My main goal is to get these done and after the big wave is over I will have to book some time with my friend to a) find the 12V on the game and b) create a bracket. I apologize for the delay but I only have so much spare time on my hands and I have been dipping alot into family time lately to get this all done.
The end is near[quoted image]

Family First!!!!!!

We are almost at the finish line.

Off to the expo brother, have a great weekend.

#331 4 years ago

6 hours of print and 6 pieces wasted. At some point the tray shifted
1571344244714333385543850272669 (resized).jpg1571344244714333385543850272669 (resized).jpg

#332 4 years ago

***////DAILY UPDATE////****
Sticker files have been sent to printer
All 225 resistors have been soldered and all leds have been tested
Machine currently printing base plate about 50% done tomorrow morning
Shipping supplies ordered

CLEARER PICTURE
100% caps
100% top can
100% can
100% top plates
100% mid plates
100% cryo cell
100% light diffuser
50% bottom plates
100% flange
100% main column
100% main harness
50% centrifuge lights
50% bottom portion assembly (resistors soldered, all parts painted, just wainting on bottom plate)
50% top can assembly (all parts printed, leds soldered, resistors soldered, missing resin pour)
100% instruction sheet
100% stickers ordered
100% shipping supplies ordered
0% secondary harness (once I start these, the final assembly will start)
0% video
0% bracket print

#333 4 years ago

- Mid plates painted
- All top plates painted
- Center Columns painted
The end is near[quoted image]

I am first in line. Just let me know, and I will send shipping funds. I can't wait to put this in my DE Jurassic park. I will post pics.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am first in line. Just let me know, and I will send shipping funds. I can't wait to put this in my DE Jurassic park. I will post pics.

Data East customers are behind Stern due to fitment. see a few posts up. sorry but we gotta wait...

Added over 5 years ago:

"Also note that I have to head over and drive roughly an hour to get to a DE JP. So while I know some of the DE clients have paid first, i will ask for patience. My main goal is to get these done and after the big wave is over"

#335 4 years ago

I've stranded printing the brackets

15714572973168162738190337105226 (resized).jpg15714572973168162738190337105226 (resized).jpg
#336 4 years ago

Poured the resin last night but it's taking even longer to harden. Hopefully will be fully dry by tomorrow morning for me to handle.

#337 4 years ago

I've poured two resin mixes. I do believe I will have to pour a third one to get the right look. Either way I do believe video will happen later tonight.

#338 4 years ago

While waiting for the resin I've started assembly of the secondary harness

Ordered again more wire to finish secondary harness. At this point i won't be able to do the mass assembly until graphics get here. I have a 70th birthday party to attend so hopefully will have time for the vid once I get back. One thing is for sure. Shipment start 1st week of November.

15715891045226876323585923957145 (resized).jpg15715891045226876323585923957145 (resized).jpg

#339 4 years ago

Wired for tomorrow so test. Video coming tomorrow. I'm done for the weekend.

15716185288205555615639902900863 (resized).jpg15716185288205555615639902900863 (resized).jpg
#340 4 years ago

Today is video day.

Whats left to do:
1. Put a temporary print on the can
2. Follow instructions
3. Turn on a play

Fingers crossed everyone

Note: While running the leds for a test last night I noticed that light was also bleeding in the top of the can. I have two solutions for this and will test out after the video tonight but nothing that will affect the delivery schedule.

So far 6 brackets have been printed and should have twelve by tomorrow morning.

TO DO
0% pour resin
0% video
15% bracket print

STATUS
100% caps
100% top can
100% can
100% top plates
100% mid plates
100% cryo cell
100% light diffuser
100%% bottom plates
100% flange
100% main column
100% main harness
100% instruction sheet
100% stickers ordered
100% shipping supplies ordered
100% secondary harness

#341 4 years ago

Excited to see the video.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Excited to see the video.

Bring on the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#343 4 years ago

Well here it is folks. I hooked it up in about 10 minutes and tied it to the CHAOS insert. I couold change the location of the sensor in less than 2 minutes. You pick when you want the light to turn on.

#344 4 years ago

Truly brilliant work. Can't wait to install mine!

#345 4 years ago

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#346 4 years ago

Well here it is folks. I hooked it up in about 10 minutes and tied it to the CHAOS insert. I couold change the location of the sensor in less than 2 minutes. You pick when you want the light to turn on.

This is so gangster. Fantastic work. Can't wait to install it!!

#347 4 years ago

Resin pours start Wednesday. Also note that the bracket was not painted for the test. Brackets 7 & 8 are currently printing. Bubble wrap and boxes showed up today.

#348 4 years ago

WEll it was bound to happen eventually. Small puncture in FEP film. Cured resin everywhere on the screen. 45 minutes to change film and 2 failed print, wasting 7.5 hours and resin.

#349 4 years ago

Just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for your continuous updates. I kinda feel bad for you with all the "minor" setbacks and lost time but it was very cool that you took us along through the whole process. I cannot wait to get mine in the mail, and I am looking forward to your next project!!

Thanks again!

Don

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from catchlight:

Just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for your continuous updates. I kinda feel bad for you with all the "minor" setbacks and lost time but it was very cool that you took us along through the whole process. I cannot wait to get mine in the mail, and I am looking forward to your next project!!
Thanks again!
Don

Agreeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-amp-jp2-light-mod/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.