15759480186036106922799259444797 (resized).jpg
can (resized).jpg
20191203_173251 (resized).jpg
20191203_190013 (resized).jpg
20191203_190004 (resized).jpg
IMG_1415 (resized).jpg
IMG_1416 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#152 4 years ago

Please add me to your list

#153 4 years ago

It dawned on me, howany people have blacklight s in their playroom and how much it will affect the outcome?

#154 4 years ago

Multiple positions have potential but these are my favoriate 4. The one on the right hand side holding the top spot has a mezel mode has the dock sign pointing right giving a perfect reference to shaving cream can.

position.jpgposition.jpg
#155 4 years ago

I agree.

Be cool to be able to move it once a year . haha.

#156 4 years ago

I like bottom left as it’s closest to Nedry or top right

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I like bottom left as it’s closest to Nedry or top right

Those are my 2 choices.

Why not 2 cans?? one for each side....different color in the tubes or change the led so they are a tad different.

It's the most important mod-

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Those are my 2 choices.
Why not 2 cans?? one for each side....different color in the tubes or change the led so they are a tad different.
It's the most important mod-

I could do both and offer a deal if you buy two. 11 days until reception.

#159 4 years ago

Light test rig finished. Tomorrow is resin UV test day.

#160 4 years ago

BRING ON THE RESIN!!!!!

#161 4 years ago

Well yesterday wasn't a resin day at all. Learned that my grandmother is dying (she's got a few days or 1-2 weeks left). Mind you that at 95 she's had a good run. Made a trip to the hospital. On a good note, alligator clips should arrive soon and the proper resistors should come in today.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Well yesterday wasn't a resin day at all. Learned that my grandmother is dying (she's got a few days or 1-2 weeks left). Mind you that at 95 she's had a good run. Made a trip to the hospital. On a good note, alligator clips should arrive soon and the proper resistors should come in today.

Sorry to hear that...

#163 4 years ago

We will all still be here when you have taken care of family first .

#164 4 years ago

No rush brother....be with your granny.

#165 4 years ago

Well yesterday wasn't a resin day at all. Learned that my grandmother is dying (she's got a few days or 1-2 weeks left).

I'm sorry my friend. For you and your loved ones.

LTG : (

#166 4 years ago

Family first.

#167 4 years ago

Well would you look at that. Pinball sizing is this upcoming Friday. I will probably have to drop the idea of UV and stick with regular lights with colored resin. Will know more Friday once I see position. Secondly the LEDs I just tested with are not the proper wavelength to activate the glow. My issue is more about the opacity of the resin and amount a need to mix in to get it to work. I've also learned not too put too much resin in the tubes. I will also dunk the LEDs further down the tube to get even more exposure. On the graphics side I'm just waiting until Friday to start the order. Things are coming along.
IMG_20190915_181844 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_181844 (resized).jpg

#168 4 years ago

Wow truly well done! Lighting looks great so far. Your mod is the only reason I wish I was still getting this game. Bravo.

#169 4 years ago

Put me on the list please. I have the DE JP but still just reading through the thread for more details.

#170 4 years ago

STATUS
I've gone ahead now and have ordered 80% of products for mass production.

NEED OPINION / INPUT
Time to order the UV reactive mix. Should I keep the orange or go to yellow (more JP accurate)?

#171 4 years ago

Can I get added to the list

#172 4 years ago

Poll now added for resin colour, PLEASE VOTE.

#173 4 years ago

Orange all the way with as much mods I will do . It will show much better/

No way you could do 2 colors? would that jump the price??

#174 4 years ago

Orange all the way with as much mods I will do . It will show much better/
No way you could do 2 colors? would that jump the price??

I'll most likely do one colour at launch and then if people want to have another colour I will probably sell the interchangeable units.

#175 4 years ago

I WILL BE CLOSING THE EARLY BIRD LIST on SUNDAY SEPT 22nd at 10PM PST.
PMs will be sent. Pre orders will be taken on a first come first served basis. Since I have taken my funds to fund the project this wont be a "crowdfunding effort". Once you pay to reserve your spot, you will have until the shipment date to cancel your order.

IF you don't see your name on this list and have sent me a PM please do so again.
1. Daditude
2. adamross
3. Mayboyz
4. MardDaddy
5. davijc02
6. EightBallTexas
7. f3honda4me
8. dc2010
9. Yelobird
10. hodgesm0
11. gipinball
12. adamgacek
13. bgwilly31
14. leaffan67
15. catchlight
16. estrader
17. brett
18.pinballzach
19.DantesMark
20.PinballPal
21. Spectreman
22. TUFLYF
23. Mtg381
24. jeffspinballpalace
25. Bsavage
26. Golfingdad1
27. jorro
28. fxdwg
29. Blakester
30. Rydhia
31. dnaman
32. arcadem
33. Jon9508
34. tosman33
35. DarthSinex

#176 4 years ago

Have you received your SLA printer? This will look slick in resin!

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Have you received your SLA printer? This will look slick in resin!

Yes. The base and top cap portions will be in SLA the rest FDM.

#178 4 years ago

Orange will look better and be more consistent in LED, IMHO..

The photo shows a nice natural progression of orange to yellow to white.

Please add me to the list!

(Minor point.....can you counter sink and use flat head screws in assembly?)

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Orange will look better and be more consistent in LED, IMHO..
The photo shows a nice natural progression of orange to yellow to white.
Please add me to the list!
(Minor point.....can you counter sink and use flat head screws in assembly?)

The screw heads in the pic wear not screw all the way. Final product will not have visible screws.

#180 4 years ago

was there a price posted for this ? I couldnt find it.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

was there a price posted for this ? I couldnt find it.

Not yet. Waiting on. Friday just to size in the game.

#182 4 years ago

Not yet. Waiting on. Friday just to size in the game.

Has anyone come up with location for the DE JP? Mine is completely disassembled.

#183 4 years ago

I love the look of the orange vials, but I’d also probably like yellow especially if it’s more movie accurate this thing is awesome! Definitely going to buy one even though I back out of buying a JP2 for now until playfield issues are sorted!

#184 4 years ago

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
***.....IMPORTANT PRICING INFORMATION BELOW.....***
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I have been bombarded with pricing requests it's become more time consuming replying than just delivering the goods. So here goes. People have until SEPT 22ND, 2019 until 10PM PST time until the early bird window closes. Prices in USD.

SUPER EARLY BIRD
If you are on the list as of right now in post #1, you get a $5 super early adopters bonus and get the unit at $124.99 + shipping

EARLY BIRD
If you are not on the list in post #1 you will pay $129.99 + shipping.

REGULAR PRICE
Regular price will be $159.99 + shipping

SHIPPING
I have guess-timated shipping using Canada Post's shipping estimate calculator.

United States & Canada
--------------------------
Air - no time estimate with no coverage $9
Tracked Packet - 7 Business Days with $75 coverage $15
Expedited Package - 4 Business Days with $150 coverage $19

International
--------------------------
Will be billed on a per order situation. I cannot account for all countries.

PROCEDURE
As of right now I will be accepting PRE ORDERS on a first come, first served basis but people on the list will receive their orders first. Followed by anyone who hops in before closing day Sept 22ND 10PM PST. I will be taking the initial orders minus shipping aka send the money for the unit and then will have to pay the shipping once unit is ready.

CANCELLATIONS
Once you have made the deposit, you will be able to look at the progress of the mod in these post. If at any time you want to back out before your unit ships, I will refund you work money. This is not a crowdfunded endeavor. I believe I have been on here long enough to have shown integrity.

WHAT YOU PAY NOW
You pay the price of the unit shown in the lists above. You pay shipping once unit is ready.

SEND ME A PM FOR PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS

Cheers,
Guy aka Flashinstinct

#185 4 years ago

PM sent to be added to list. Thanks!!

#187 4 years ago

Add me to to VIP list....lol

#188 4 years ago

Add me to to VIP list....lol

you're on the Ultra secret VIP list.....people on that list get a roll of toilet paper with every order On a more serious note, thanks for all your enthusiam and positive postings and PMs.

#189 4 years ago

HOLY GOOD NEWS FOLKS
Granny is going out of the hospital and back to the residence. Doctors cannot explain the recovery and it seems the antiobiotics given did the trick to close and repair the fissures in her intestines and get rid of the infection. On a sadder note they did find a cancer mass that they cannot operate on the size of a grapefruit so she is still on borrowed time but I WILL FUCKING TAKE IT. The word miracle comes to mind I am so happy of the news.

#190 4 years ago

HOLY GOOD NEWS FOLKS
Granny is going out of the hospital and back to the residence. Doctors cannot explain the recovery and it seems the antiobiotics given did the trick to close and repair the fissures in her intestines and get rid of the infection. On a sadder note they did find a cancer mass that they cannot operate on the size of a grapefruit so she is still on borrowed time but I WILL FUCKING TAKE IT. The word miracle comes to mind I am so happy of the news.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As you said hopefully she is much more comfy at home with all her items she loves. You, Pets, her own bed, etc etc.

95 and still going................lot's of time to visit her and maybe even take her somewhere nice.

#191 4 years ago

Please ad me to the list, LE's are shipping!

#192 4 years ago

I think the design of this mod looks well done, however I wouldn't put it on my Jurassic park pin because it messes with the scale of the park. Everything else in the pin is proportionally accurate to one another, from the T-rex to the Raptor pit, to the car, to the tower... It's a beautiful world under the glass. Adding a huge Barbasol can disrupts this unity.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think the design of this mod looks well done, however I wouldn't put it on my Jurassic park pin because it messes with the scale of the park. Everything else in the pin is proportionally accurate to one another, from the T-rex to the Raptor pit, to the car, to the tower... It's a beautiful world under the glass. Adding a huge Barbasol can disrupts this unity.

Let's wait til Friday and see what sizing will do before taking out the guillotine lol. By your statement we should assume that the copter blades the the premium an le should be 3x the size.
And the car compared to that should be alot smaller than the copter blades.

If the size is too big I will adjust. This mod won't leave until I have the thumbs up from initial buyers.

Just so we are clear. I'm really taking this light heartedly. So don't be offended. I'm not.

#194 4 years ago

if the scale is out flashinstinct you could always design your own tubes in a carousel as one piece using this material, yell out if you need a hand.

https://www.shapeways.com/materials/fine-detail-plastic

it lights up well so then you can put a led strip in the can to shine down letting you or others mix up lighting

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

if the scale is out flashinstinct you could always design your own tubes in a carousel as one piece using this material, yell out if you need a hand.
https://www.shapeways.com/materials/fine-detail-plastic
it lights up well so then you can put a led strip in the can to shine down letting you or others mix up lighting

Not too worried. I've got clear resin. I'll cross that bridge if I get there.

#196 4 years ago

Let's wait til Friday and see what sizing will do before taking out the guillotine lol. By your statement we should assume that the copter blades the the premium an le should be 3x the size.
If the size is too big I will adjust. This mod won't leave until I have the thumbs up from initial buyers.
Just so we are clear. I'm really taking this light heartedly. So don't be offended. I'm not.

I think the end result looks awesome. Wouldn’t change a thing personally. To follow a scale rule would make it the size of a thumb nail. I am good with my order and whatever your (designer) final decision is. Didn’t see many chrome spheres at Jurassic Park so I suspect there is some flexibility to this creation. Lol

#197 4 years ago

And the mosquitos would be huge!

#198 4 years ago

In other news....cap and white film disc are printing on the SLA

1568764162311200842391474550014 (resized).jpg1568764162311200842391474550014 (resized).jpg
#199 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

And the mosquitos would be huge!

They are real

MV5BYzUzODI5OGEtNDg3OC00NjAwLTk3MTAtMmM4NzUxZTdkY2M0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SX178_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BYzUzODI5OGEtNDg3OC00NjAwLTk3MTAtMmM4NzUxZTdkY2M0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SX178_AL_ (resized).jpg
#200 4 years ago

Sorry if previously answered...
Will this actually open to reveal the viles then close?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-amp-jp2-light-mod/page/4?hl=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.