Topic poll

“Which resin color should be in the vials”

• Yellow 11 votes
    35%
  • Orange 20 votes
    65%

(31 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 144 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

157831169625364817325888984290 (resized).jpg
15783116735436779367726936122497 (resized).jpg
1578311633706107512780663460816 (resized).jpg
3AE872EF-5D5D-4473-B45B-898D7C665E17 (resized).jpeg
21DD4410-45AF-4E34-8E4D-70130EC23A93 (resized).jpeg
9C1DA225-3303-4E80-8129-674FC6842DF0 (resized).jpeg
B31FB937-096E-4BB5-92DF-EA6925B62EAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
15759480186036106922799259444797 (resized).jpg
can (resized).jpg
20191203_173251 (resized).jpg
20191203_190013 (resized).jpg
20191203_190004 (resized).jpg
IMG_1415 (resized).jpg
IMG_1416 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 7 months ago

So many headaches right now but hopefully by tomorrow night the entire prototype will be done. The good news is I got my SLA printer today with all my resin. I can't wait for this thing to come to fruition.

#52 7 months ago

Well it only took all day. I still have to tweak some of the textures and indents at the bottom of the base but overall this things fits together like a charm. Doesn't look like much but 8 pieces + 1 sticker with 3 screws. As far as lighting goes I'm placing UV LEDs inside the can and waiting on fluorescent powder to mix in the resin. Waiting on led and resistors to start testing amount of lights required to make it all work.

Next up is to paint the prototype to make sure I don't run into fitting issues once paint is on.

Things are progressing well.

The can, cap and the base will be printed on SLA so we don't have any of those "shitty artifacts".

Prototyping = 90% complete
Graphics = 10% complete
Lighting = 0% complete

IMG_20190827_004340 (resized).jpg

#53 7 months ago

Isn't it a bit big though? Where are you going to fit it?

Rob

#54 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

That's just it. Still don't have my game so I can always at that point when I get it downsize it by another 10%-20%. or worst comes to worst is removing a centrifuge tube and shrink it even more. I've got all the sizing covered so if I downsize it by more than that range it won't take me long to recreate a full prototype.

I've also noticed that I could bring down the height of the can by another .375in to bring the height down. (check next post)

#55 7 months ago
1566881954160870735002757036433 (resized).jpg
#56 7 months ago

Youll get there!
This is gonna be epic!

#57 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

After looking at it again Rob definitely had a point. I will have to revise sizing. New can will roughly be 1.5"x1.5" x 3.3". Give or take the size of a business card.

#58 7 months ago

This mod looks very nice. Is this mod going to be interactive with the game with LEDs? Will there be a mounting bracket included with the mod?

Thanks.

Gord

#59 7 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

This mod looks very nice. Is this mod going to be interactive with the game with LEDs? Will there be a mounting bracket included with the mod?
Thanks.
Gord

Here is how I plan the mod to work. The centrifuge tubes will contain glow in the dark resin activated by UV leds. Since resin is not conductive I will dip the UV led diodes directly inside the centrifuge tube essentially cementing the led inside the resin and the tubes. The lights will be able to get hooked up to a specific insert on the playfield essentially activating the resin when a specific insert is active . The bottom part of the unit under the centrifuge tubes will have white leds inside diffused by a translucant plate within the box (holes in the top portion of the plate) These white leds will be hooked up to the nearest GI and will always be on.

Again this is all theoretical but I am currently waiting on 3 things now. The glow in the dark powder, the new 06ml centrifuge tubes and UV leds. Will then have to calculate voltage and resistance to get it all to work.

Since I do not know the position of the unit yet I am not sure of a bracket system for it but will get to it once I cross that bridge. In theory what will be included (that quote me on this yet)

1 can mod
2 wire hook ups terminal with 2 splitter (if permitting, since I dont have the game yet I cant really tell what the hook ups will be)
1 mounting bracket
6 UV leds (pending brighteness)
2 white leds (pending brighteness)
1 sticker
Fully painted

#60 7 months ago

Two words for you on this bad ass mod.

" Hurry Up" Just kidding.

One request , could we ask for some type of number / word or name on the can? If we are in the early stages and you are not mass producing that would be way cool. A small upcharge for a small custom job. Mine will be a number on the can . It will match my serial number....yes I know I am weird.

Cant wait to see this bad boy come to life.

#61 7 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Two words for you on this bad ass mod.
" Hurry Up" Just kidding.
One request , could we ask for some type of number / word or name on the can? If we are in the early stages and you are not mass producing that would be way cool. A small upcharge for a small custom job. Mine will be a number on the can . It will match my serial number....yes I know I am weird.
Cant wait to see this bad boy come to life.

It's possible but just note that I'm making the sticker on a silver foil so that the sticker will have reflective properties which are mass produced. I don't mind adding easter eggs on the can because I'm going all out with the graphics. Like the barcode could be your number since you are the first to ask.

#62 7 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's possible but just note that I'm making the sticker on a silver foil so that the sticker will have reflective properties which are mass produced. I don't mind adding easter eggs on the can because I'm going all out with the graphics. Like the barcode could be your number since you are the first to ask.

Awesome.

Sold.

I will be the first one to send you paypal....ahahaha

#63 7 months ago

wrap done. Need some eyes for typos
EDIT: Logo tweaked so the B doesn't touch the A
Need to fix "hear" and not "ear"
can-wrap2.jpg

#64 7 months ago

I can’t wait to order one of these!

#65 7 months ago

wrap done. Need some eyes for typos
EDIT: Logo tweaked so the B doesn't touch the A
Need to fix "hear" and not "ear"
[quoted image]

If you are looking for exact copy:
The barcode in the movie scene is vertical, and much thicker.

#66 7 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

If you are looking for exact copy:
The barcode in the movie scene is vertical, and much thicker.

Or perhaps you should use something to see what the barcode says

#67 7 months ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I can’t wait to order one of these!

That is what I was thinking. And I don't even have the game. One of the coolest mods ever.

LTG : )

#68 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what I was thinking. And I don't even have the game. One of the coolest mods ever.

Ah crap now the pressure is really on lol

#69 7 months ago

Directions number 1 has a mistake....when you hear not "ear".

#70 7 months ago

I hate when a project stalls. I'm scheduled to receive the tubes between Thursday and Monday. I'm hoping to receive the resistors tomorrow so will work on the electrical end of things.

#71 7 months ago

Yep, this is taking to long . I want to cancel my order.....

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can take 4 weeks to design and tweak it, we have plenty of time.

you-can-do-it-rob-schneider-31156303 (resized).png
#72 7 months ago

Here is how I plan the mod to work. The centrifuge tubes will contain glow in the dark resin activated by UV leds. Since resin is not conductive I will dip the UV led diodes directly inside the centrifuge tube essentially cementing the led inside the resin and the tubes. The lights will be able to get hooked up to a specific insert on the playfield essentially activating the resin when a specific insert is active . The bottom part of the unit under the centrifuge tubes will have white leds inside diffused by a translucant plate within the box (holes in the top portion of the plate) These white leds will be hooked up to the nearest GI and will always be on.
Again this is all theoretical but I am currently waiting on 3 things now. The glow in the dark powder, the new 06ml centrifuge tubes and UV leds. Will then have to calculate voltage and resistance to get it all to work.
Since I do not know the position of the unit yet I am not sure of a bracket system for it but will get to it once I cross that bridge. In theory what will be included (that quote me on this yet)
1 can mod
2 wire hook ups terminal with 2 splitter (if permitting, since I dont have the game yet I cant really tell what the hook ups will be)
1 mounting bracket
1 sticker
Fully painted

Thanks for the detailed look behind the curtains into the design of this much anticipated JP mod.

Gord

#73 7 months ago

Nice mod. Please add me to the list.

#74 7 months ago

1 can mod
1 mounting bracket
1 sticker
Fully painted

Now that would be cool to modify for the OG JP. Each tube labeled like the movie and tied to a dinosaur on the playfield. The ones we have to collect for Triball.

#75 7 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Now that would be cool to modify for the OG JP. Each tube labeled like the movie and tied to a dinosaur on the playfield. The ones we have to collect for Triball.

Maybe in place of the Trex box.

#76 7 months ago

Nit pick alert - you need a period after “Do not shake” and before the number 2 to be consistent with the rest of the list.

This is awesome. Please put me on the list.

#77 7 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Please explain. I'm more than glad to adapt to make this the ultimate mod. Are you saying the VR-2.01 kinda labels?

#78 7 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

Oh nice idea!

#79 7 months ago

They would have to be transparent with just the letters printed on black because it would block too much of the light. What would be even cooler is if I could get them printed with UV reactive ink. :O

#80 7 months ago

I saw a thread from Mezel Mods doing a can but not as cool as this bad boy.

Whats your next project after this??

#81 7 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

I saw a thread from Mezel Mods doing a can but not as cool as this bad boy.
Whats your next project after this??

I've got two more things lined up. My lips are sealed.

#82 7 months ago

This looks like a great mod. I just might have to buy a machine to go with it. 'Not sure where it would fit though.

#83 7 months ago

Please explain. I'm more than glad to adapt to make this the ultimate mod. Are you saying the VR-2.01 kinda labels?

Yeah. The label maker kind of labels wrapped around them. Then as we "collect" dinos, the vial lights up. But I could go for fully spelled out in a smaller font so that it takes up less room.

I forget, I know the standup targets lights go out as we collect them, do the insert lights light up after that?

#84 7 months ago

If theres a list i want in! You could put uv liquid in each test tube. And seal the test tubes. Liquid used for CPU Coolers in desktop PC's.

#85 7 months ago

But just realized that the can needs to be placed over it, covering up some of the vials. In my head it seemed perfect. ha. Will leave it up to you to test as you see fit.

But was excited of the thought that while you were talking about them all being lit by one insert, would be awesome to have them be lit individually as per the dinos on the OG table.

#86 7 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

If theres a list i want in! You could put uv liquid in each test tube. And seal the test tubes. Liquid used for CPU Coolers in desktop PC's.

I'm using glow powder and mixing it with epoxy resin. This will solve two issues 1) I will sicking the LED directly in the resin so they will be glued in place. 2. This will cause maximum exposure inside the tubes.

#87 7 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

But just realized that the can needs to be placed over it, covering up some of the vials. In my head it seemed perfect. ha. Will leave it up to you to test as you see fit.
But was excited of the thought that while you were talking about them all being lit by one insert, would be awesome to have them be lit individually as per the dinos on the OG table.

It is possible but would add to the cost of the unit. I could get each vial to light up individually.

#88 7 months ago

What to do when you are waiting for stuff to arrive. Buy paint samples for spray gun, fix the typos on the wrap and do some strength testing. Hopefully this is error free.

EDIT: EXPOXY has been corrected to EPOXY. Also note that weight will be adjusted once mod is done to be 100% accurate
can-wrap2.png

#90 7 months ago

Not to burst anyone's bubble here but.....you do know this already exists in a very awesome way right?
Already ordered mine from sideshow collectibles. Darn authentic too!

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/jurassic-park-cryo-can-chronicle-collectibles-905015

cryo-can_jurassic-park_feature (resized).jpg
#91 7 months ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

.you do know this already exists in a very awesome way right?

Might be too big for in the game. The one being made here is smaller.

Thank you for posting the link for those interested.

#92 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Might be too big for in the game. The one being made here is smaller.
Thank you for posting the link for those interested.

Agreed. Bought mine to be used as part of a topper actually. Decent price on it I thought.

#93 7 months ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

Not to burst anyone's bubble here but.....you do know this already exists in a very awesome way right?

Yeah, but it's not coming out for a year, right? Lots of people might not even still have the pin by then!

#94 7 months ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

Already ordered mine from sideshow collectibles. Darn authentic too!
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/jurassic-park-cryo-can-chronicle-collectibles-905015[quoted image]

I am aware. The problem is size and then modify it for lighting. AKA Good luck fitting that in there. New vials don't come in until Tuesday. Wednesday is wehn the new version will be posted. Also speaking to player one rep on Monday to see where I am in the queue to get my game. I'm guessing ETA for this will be OCT 1st or close to that.

#95 7 months ago

I'm not sure how much smaller the can is that you are making vs that sideshow one, but the sideshow one is listed as an 11oz can and your label is for 10oz. Just wondering if 10 is correct for your scale or if it should be smaller.

#96 7 months ago
Quoted from tjw998:

I'm not sure how much smaller the can is that you are making vs that sideshow one, but the sideshow one is listed as an 11oz can and your label is for 10oz. Just wondering if 10 is correct for your scale or if it should be smaller.

I will weighted my mod once it's done and adjust the weight. Gotta be accurate you know

#97 7 months ago

Cool mod

#98 7 months ago

I am quite taken by this as well. I will buy for my LE please.

#99 7 months ago

I feel that if u can keep it closer to the original size of a regular can, it would be awesome.
What if u lay it in the shooter lane?

#100 7 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I feel that if u can keep it closer to the original size of a regular can, it would be awesome.
What if u lay it in the shooter lane?

That won't fit. Putting a real can in there will make things look disproportionate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 581 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside