15759480186036106922799259444797 (resized).jpg
can (resized).jpg
20191203_173251 (resized).jpg
20191203_190013 (resized).jpg
20191203_190004 (resized).jpg
IMG_1415 (resized).jpg
IMG_1416 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
#501 4 years ago

@buyers. DO NOT Dissamble your units. Yelobird and I might have found a solution that works wihtout having to touch the unit at all.

The bracket will now come with a small notch in the back. Slightly loosen bolt and remove broken piece of left over bracket. Slide bolt into new bracket notch and tighten. Done.

IMG_4373 (resized).jpegIMG_4373 (resized).jpeg
#502 4 years ago

@arcadem, @Rydhia, @Pinzap, @TUFLYF, @wfumed2, @bgwilly31, @estrader, @brett, @fxdwg, @rgzpinx, @catchlight, @PDX mike, @mtg381, @Racerx61, @OLDPINGUY, @aflajack, @blakester, @Spectreman, @leaffan67, @DarthSinex, @Mayboyz, @PinballZach, @c2scanada, @timlah79,
@rkelley

READ POST ABOVE FOR NEW INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. PLEASE DO NOT POST BELOW FOR THE NEXT DAY OR SO. I WANT EVERYONE TO SEE THIS POST.

#503 4 years ago

Got the notification I had a package but was out of town all week. Got it today, and sorry to say add me to the list. But no worries.

55B583F6-1F2D-42A1-8753-2012C8BC5F6B (resized).jpeg55B583F6-1F2D-42A1-8753-2012C8BC5F6B (resized).jpeg
#504 4 years ago

Wednesday's broken bracket therapy lol

15748945029247074797452189587148 (resized).jpg15748945029247074797452189587148 (resized).jpg
#505 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Wednesday's broken bracket therapy lol[quoted image]

Cheer up, All replacement brackets are complete and paint curing so ALL will be taken care of this week and everyone will be Loving your awesome mod in no time. Plus, wine is good for Every day good and bad!!!
IMG_4376 (resized).jpgIMG_4376 (resized).jpg

#506 4 years ago

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#507 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Cheer up, All replacement brackets are complete and paint curing so ALL will be taken care of this week and everyone will be Loving your awesome mod in no time. Plus, win is good for Every day good and bad!!![quoted image]

Looks Fantastic.

Well Done Sir.

#508 4 years ago

Even though my bracket is also broken and the post office had all kinds of mix-ups getting the package to me (which I can confidently say is the primary reason it's broken), I'm not one bit upset. Why? Cause this is a beautiful work of art, from attention to detail on the piece itself, to its packaging and instructions. I'm beyond impressed and I haven't even seen it light up yet!

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Even though my bracket is also broken and the post office had all kinds of mix-ups getting the package to me (which I can confidently say is the primary reason it's broken), I'm not one bit upset. Why? Cause this is a beautiful work of art, from attention to detail on the piece itself, to its packaging and instructions. I'm beyond impressed and I haven't even seen it light up yet!

Let's have a light party before bracket arrives. I think I will got power it up and then leave it in cabinet till bracket arrives...or maybe use tape for tonight and place it. Who's in?

Safe and Sound at home with eggnog ....life is good.

#510 4 years ago

Lit mine up with a battery and looks beautiful! Though, there is one tube that is noticeably brighter than the others and it happens to be front and center. Looking at it, the LED doesn’t look like it’s covered with the orange goo (for lack of a better word) as much as the other tubes. Not sure I’ll notice it once mounted in the game... will have to wait and see.

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Lit mine up with a battery and looks beautiful! Though, there is one tube that is noticeably brighter than the others and it happens to be front and center. Looking at it, the LED doesn’t look like it’s covered with the orange goo (for lack of a better word) as much as the other tubes. Not sure I’ll notice it once mounted in the game... will have to wait and see.

Thats more then likely the T-Rex goo. There DNA is typically hotter then other Dino’s. Just having fun lol.

#512 4 years ago

STATUS: Pain on brackets are going through the final stages of drying. These replacement units should be on their way shortly.

Attached in order are some pics to assist with the revised installation instructions.

1. Slightly loosen screw (Do Not Remove) enough to remove any remaining prior mount material. Only screw should remain as shown.
2. Feet wires through outer square segment of support bracket as shown for routing in a later step.
3. Slide bracket to top of mod and remove paper backing from applied glue dot. Careful not to touch glue dot to mod until screw is seated into slot.
4. Slide bracket into mount bracket slotted hole. If tight slightly loosen screw but do not remove. When screw seats in slot press bracket to Mod to align and adhere glue dot. Tighten screw to bracket but Not Over tight!
5. One wire at a time route wires through top wire trough in bracket and further down wire trough in leg of bracket to base as shown.
6. Finish mod mount installation to game per supplied instructions.
IMG_4377 (resized).jpegIMG_4377 (resized).jpegIMG_4378 (resized).jpegIMG_4378 (resized).jpegIMG_4380 (resized).jpegIMG_4380 (resized).jpegIMG_4381 (resized).jpegIMG_4381 (resized).jpegIMG_4383 (resized).jpegIMG_4383 (resized).jpegIMG_4384 (resized).jpegIMG_4384 (resized).jpeg

#513 4 years ago

This Mod gets my TWIPY vote this year Flash!!! great job!!

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

This Mod gets my TWIPY vote this year Flash!!! great job!!

TWIPY FOR THE BEST FAILED MOD DELIVERY perhaps LOL.

#515 4 years ago

Just think of Mod 2 , what excitement we will have hanging with you on that one . You will have to be one of the members on our cruise ship event.

Have a great day guys.

#516 4 years ago

For those who have hooked theirs up, which light/insert did you go with? I'd like mine to flash pretty often but not leverage a light that is steadily on throughout gameplay. I see mention of CHAOS and the Control Room. Curious what everyone's favorite is.

#517 4 years ago

Heck no it’s still an Awesome mod. Have to break a few eggs to make a perfect omelette as they say. Well cooks do anyway lol. In my view it’s actually better this happened now vs after selling/shipping hundreds which will happen when people see how awesome this fits the game and theme.

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

For those who have hooked theirs up, which light/insert did you go with? I'd like mine to flash pretty often but not leverage a light that is steadily on throughout gameplay. I see mention of CHAOS and the Control Room. Curious what everyone's favorite is.

Control room is the perfect balance IMO.

#519 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Amber would be way too often. Control room is easier than Chaos. Supply Drop is also very often. I guess it all depends how often you want the can to light up. When you hit jackpots in Chaos the Can lights up like a xmas tree. I find that very satisfying. You also get it lit up in Trex multiballs when you hit jackpots.

#520 4 years ago

As promised on schedule. All complete, wrapped, and boxed to leave tomorrow for the JP mod fans. Time for Turkey!!

IMG_4385 (resized).jpgIMG_4385 (resized).jpg
#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As promised on schedule. All complete, wrapped, and boxed to leave tomorrow for the JP mod fans. Time for Turkey!![quoted image]

Very Nice. Thaks again.

#522 4 years ago

Had a nightmare last night that all brackets were broken again at delivery. Woke up with a chuckle LOL

#523 4 years ago

ALL replacement brackets shipped today First Class this morning! Time to get this awesome mod Lit up!

#524 4 years ago

My JPLE mod arrived unbroken and is installed. It looks REALLY good. Many thanks!

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

My JPLE mod arrived unbroken and is installed. It looks REALLY good. Many thanks!

pics or it didn't happen. You will be receiving a replacement bracket. I thought yours was broken.

#526 4 years ago

Oh it happened. Sideways apparently, but it happened. Maybe an airball will break my bracket someday? I will be so happy to have a spare!!

E4D3851B-D4C3-4FC1-8B5F-3E891394A4B1 (resized).jpegE4D3851B-D4C3-4FC1-8B5F-3E891394A4B1 (resized).jpeg
#527 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Oh it happened. Sideways apparently, but it happened. Maybe an airball will break my bracket someday? I will be so happy to have a spare!![quoted image]

B
A
M

#528 4 years ago

Thanks for all of the hard work on this and thanks to the Mod Couple for getting out replacement brackets.

Got mine mostly installed, can’t finish hooking it up until I figure out how to split the CN6 that’s being used for my topper, but that’ll be another day.

35B72AF4-7154-4AF3-8D57-19DB45E9E9AC (resized).jpeg35B72AF4-7154-4AF3-8D57-19DB45E9E9AC (resized).jpeg
#529 4 years ago

I've started making parts for the second round.

#530 4 years ago

Got the new bracket today! Only downfall is that if you already have installed the broken one (yes I went against advice and epoxied it back together) is that you have to start from square one with pulling the wires back out from behind the helipad, slide the new bracket over, then push them back in. Was that intended? Am I just being dumb?

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Got the new bracket today! Only downfall is that if you already have installed the broken one (yes I went against advice and epoxied it back together) is that you have to start from square one with pulling the wires back out from behind the helipad, slide the new bracket over, then push them back in. Was that intended? Am I just being dumb?

Yup gotta start from square one. Well almost. You don't have to take the board off etc... but you do have to waste 15 minutes of your life putting it back together.

#532 4 years ago

Yup gotta start from square one. Well almost. You don't have to take the board off etc... but you do have to waste 15 minutes of your life putting it back together.

Hahah don't get me wrong, not complaining. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy thinking I could just slip the old off and new on while everything is installed. I will happily extend 15 min of my life to go through the motions. Can't thank you guys enough for redesigning and shipping out the new bracket in record time. I was not expecting to receive it so soon. THANK YOU! Also I think I will take your advice and move it to the Chaos light. Didn't realize even on a shitty round I could see it light up with the T-Rex multi-ball.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Hahah don't get me wrong, not complaining.

I need to work on my sarcasm. Lol

#534 4 years ago

People are receiving non broken brackets

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#535 4 years ago

got my new bracket yesterday, got the topside install done today. wiring might have to wait til the weekend...

thanks for all the hard work. this mod is amazing without being hooked up, cant wait to see it in action on my machine.

IMG_1416 (resized).jpgIMG_1416 (resized).jpgIMG_1415 (resized).jpgIMG_1415 (resized).jpg
#536 4 years ago

Received my replacement bracket as well, i had a very small fracture in the original bracket which i glued back together then installed successfully. So thinking I'll leave it as is for now and keep the new bracket as a backup. Kudos flash, this mod just got my twipy vote.

#537 4 years ago

Received my replacement bracket and it's in one piece!! Now to work on getting this bad boy put together and installed.

#538 4 years ago

Mod installed and it looks amazing!!! Only thing I need to figure out next is the CN6 connection. My speaker lights and the topper I have on order also need that same connection. Any ideas anyone?

20191203_190004 (resized).jpg20191203_190004 (resized).jpg20191203_190013 (resized).jpg20191203_190013 (resized).jpg20191203_173251 (resized).jpg20191203_173251 (resized).jpg
#539 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Mod installed and it looks amazing!!! Only thing I need to figure out next is the CN6 connection. My speaker lights and the topper I have on order also need that same connection. Any ideas anyone?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Let me know if you figure it out, I’m in the same boat.

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Let me know if you figure it out, I’m in the same boat.

Would need 2 z connectors male/male and another 3 pin header. I might have to start making some.

#541 4 years ago

Would need 2 z connectors male/male and another 3 pin header. I might have to start making some.

They would sell, put me on the list if you do.

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Mod installed and it looks amazing!!! Only thing I need to figure out next is the CN6 connection. My speaker lights and the topper I have on order also need that same connection. Any ideas anyone?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is the only thing I could find that offers an additional (1) CN6 type connection:

https://cointaker.com/products/spike-mod-power

It seems if you need to plug into a CN6 type connection, you need to hook directly into it or spend an additional $40 (as seen above) for a separate power supply that has the CN6 type connection on it. The good news is that it offers a CN6 type connection and also leaves the actual CN6 connection open. So you would then have 2 (in total) CN6 type connections to hook into and 2 SAM type +12v connections.

With the CN6 connection in the backbox and being unused from the factory, it is very convenient, but with so many mods now going for it.....it's bound to be a mess, for some, until more CN6 type power splitters or adapters pop up.

As it stands, I am glad I stuck to the SAM type connection on my +12v SPIKE 1 / SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits (with an included adapter) as adapters and splitters for that SAM type of +12v connection are cheap and plentiful.

Also PDX-Mike , Would you mind telling me what type of speaker lights (for an LE) are using the CN6 connection?

I hope this is helpful,

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#543 4 years ago

The z connectors required for a backbox splitter are no longer being made. We will not offer splitters for that connection as a result. There are other places to connect that don’t require z connectors. If someone wants a 12v split connection to run some mods, contact me and I’ll make you a harness to connect closer to the coindoor for a small fee.

Alternatively, I can make a splitter for the backbox with the traditional 3 pin connector you would see on a non spike game.

#544 4 years ago

I was expecting a lot more picture of installed mods by now . Or hopefully you guys are just way too busy enjoying the addition to your games that you have not thought of adding some cool pics

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The z connectors required for a backbox splitter are no longer being made. We will not offer splitters for that connection as a result. There are other places to connect that don’t require z connectors. If someone wants a 12v split connection to run some mods, contact me and I’ll make you a harness to connect closer to the coindoor for a small fee.
Alternatively, I can make a splitter for the backbox with the traditional 3 pin connector you would see on a non spike game.

That sounds like bad news. It seems like any type of z connectors have always been a bit of a hassle to get a hold of. Especially if you were looking for them with a specific type or lack of friction lock on them.

Is it just the smaller ones that are discontinued or are the bigger ones discontinued too? I never understood why Molex didn't make the z connectors themselves. At one time I talked to a Molex rep and he said people asked about them (or at least something to connect 2 of their female connections together) fairly often, but they just recommended to find a solution from other manufacturers. He seemed to think it was a bit weird that Molex didn't offer anything to do that job also.

UPDATE: I was mistaken when typing this. I thought the CN6 connection was a .100 connection and not a .156 connection. I have never worked with the CN6 connection so I didn't know....I just expected them to be the smaller pins like the Cabinet Node 1 board has.

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This is the only thing I could find that offers an additional (1) CN6 type connection:
https://cointaker.com/products/spike-mod-power
It seems if you need to plug into a CN6 type connection, you need to hook directly into it or spend an additional $40 (as seen above) for a separate power supply that has the CN6 type connection on it. The good news is that it offers a CN6 type connection and also leaves the actual CN6 connection open. So you would then have 2 (in total) CN6 type connections to hook into and 2 SAM type +12v connections.
With the CN6 connection in the backbox and being unused from the factory, it is very convenient, but with so many mods now going for it.....it's bound to be a mess, for some, until more CN6 type power splitters or adapters pop up.
As it stands, I am glad I stuck to the SAM type connection on my +12v SPIKE 1 / SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits (with an included adapter) as adapters and splitters for that SAM type of +12v connection are cheap and plentiful.
Also pdx-mike , Would you mind telling me what type of speaker lights (for an LE) are using the CN6 connection?
I hope this is helpful,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

The speaker kit came from pinballbulbs.com

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not sure I follow?? I have bought Hundreds of these from Pinball Life and never has he run out. They are sold in a long section and takes seconds to make them any size you need. Must be missing something on this.

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I follow?? I have bought Hundreds of these from Pinball Life and never has he run out. They are sold in a long section and takes seconds to make them any size you need. Must be missing something on this.

You are, pancon went under, google it. Pinball life stock is all there likely is, Marco may have some. they are pretty expensive from both if you buy in quantity, but if you really need them, buy it. I’m not using my stock for splitters and will only use them for mods. We are looking to try to print some for our own use. There are alternative wiring configurations for splitters that I’m happy to help people with.

#549 4 years ago

I have a heap of Z connectors that I never ended up using, happy to work out a deal to one of the modders etc.

#550 4 years ago

People are receiving non broken brackets [quoted image]

Yup got the new one but decided to keep the old that I epoxied attached. Too scared to pull the wires back out. Will replace when/if it breaks. But yeah the new one showed up in record time, flawless and with exceptional build quality improvements too! I'll post a pic in a few of the currently working install. Thank you!!! I love this mod.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-amp-jp2-light-mod/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.