15759480186036106922799259444797 (resized).jpg
can (resized).jpg
20191203_173251 (resized).jpg
20191203_190013 (resized).jpg
20191203_190004 (resized).jpg
IMG_1415 (resized).jpg
IMG_1416 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 4 years ago

Serisouly the gods are trying to tell me something. Latest print has punctured the FEP film. Have to order film from McMaster.

#452 4 years ago

Hey @flashinstinct, head up, unusal things happen but you have a good reputation on Pinside and made some real cool stuff including this mod.

I am sure everyone has faith in you and are confident that you will fix the issue and make them good. The gods might be telling you to slow down and take a breath.

You know if you ever need a hand / advice I am, as well as others are here to help out.

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Serisouly the gods are trying to tell me something. Latest print has punctured the FEP film. Have to order film from McMaster.

Not sure which you are using but ABS like resin for tall components like this is Much stronger. Typical resin is very brittle for structural parts that are thin. Just a thought. Also, FEP is best (lower cost) ordered in large sheet and simply cut down. I order from Amazon for 1 tenth the price of precut OEM. Good luck.

ABS like resin materials:
https://www.amazon.com/ELEGOO-UV-Curing-Standard-Photopolymer-Translucent/dp/B07PB7VCP6/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia

Full sheet FEP:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GRLC4H4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#454 4 years ago

Looks like I am using the right stuff.

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#455 4 years ago

Looks like I am using the right stuff.[quoted image]

Your call but that is straight resin. ABS Resin is much stronger and slightly more flexible against breakage.

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your call but that is straight resin. ABS Resin is much stronger and slightly more flexible against breakage.

I guess th epciture on the amazon link your provided is wrong looks exactly like whats in my hands.

#457 4 years ago

I guess th epciture on the amazon link your provided is wrong looks exactly like whats in my hands.

Looks like it. All the ABS ones I receive clearly say ABS on the label. Welcome to China labels lol.
DA6E1C97-5170-49EF-9CAD-17FF60079279 (resized).jpegDA6E1C97-5170-49EF-9CAD-17FF60079279 (resized).jpeg

#458 4 years ago

Looks like I am using the right stuff.[quoted image]

Ok proud to say I think I have the same wallet but did you actually post a picture of your credit card? lol Late night.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok proud to say I think I have the same wallet but did you actually post a picture of your credit card? lol Late night.

I did. But good luck figuring out the numbers LOL

#460 4 years ago

Another one bites the dust (upon arrival). I feel so badly for you... but I know you'll figure out a solution that will be more resilient. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

IMG_0138 (resized).jpegIMG_0138 (resized).jpeg
#461 4 years ago

Is it possible to make the bracket 2 pieces and make it a slide together fitment.

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Is it possible to make the bracket 2 pieces and make it a slide together fitment.

It would be possible but at this point impractical. The new print test I made is ultra strong and this morning just to be 1000% sure I have thickened the end where the bolt meets with the can. The problem I have right now is not having enough output. I am seriously considering getting a second printer so I can print 4 at a time. I have ordered new FEP films and Tough Resin.

#463 4 years ago

I'd like to make things very clear. I wont pretend that this is not like a punch in the gut from my end but I must suspect that buyers feel let down by the experience. Amazing how shipping can turn a full campaign upside down.

I have come up with a small timeline of how things should proceed.
- Nov. 25 Reception of new FEP Films
- Nov. 25 Shipping out 1 copy of the bracket to rgzpinx to make sure at least the bracket can survive the trip. No point in going through the same exercise that we have just gone through. I am highly confident that this will work as the bracket is being sent solo.

- Nov. 25 Start printing more brackets (max of 4 per day). There will be a 2 day process for each bracket. Day 1 - curing, day 2 paint. Day 3 shipment. So the first bracket won't ship out until at least the 28th of November.

If I being realistic I hope to cget everyone their bracket by Christmas

Between now and then a few things must happen and I must ask your cooperation in order for everything to work. The unit was meant to be have a very tight fit. In order to install the new bracket, the old one will have to be removed. To get the current bracket and screw out you will need to remove the top of the can. You will need a flat head screwdriver to pry it open. Try to find a spot around the can that you believe would be easiest to nudge the edge of a flat screw driver in. Twist the screwdriver to try and pry the cap up slightly, do not use and up down motion, make sure to twist/rotate like changing gears on a bicycle handle. Once you see movement, move around the cap slowly by using the same technique. Do not try to lift it all at once in a swift movement. Once the cap is off you will have to remove the glue from the nut in order to get the screw off. The cap is really tight, at this point to avoid any other mishaps, I would ask that you sand the inner edges of the cap to make the fit less tight before you try putting it back on. If everyone can get that done before their bracket gets there at least it will be less of a hassle once it does arrive.

#464 4 years ago

I'd like to make things very clear. I wont pretend that this is not like a punch in the gut from my end but I must suspect that buyers feel let down by the experience. Amazing how shipping can turn a full campaign upside down.
I have come up with a small timeline of how things should proceed.
- Nov. 25 Reception of new FEP Films
- Nov. 25 Shipping out 1 copy of the bracket to rgzpinx to make sure at least the bracket can survive the trip. No point in going through the same exercise that we have just gone through. I am highly confident that this will work as the bracket is being sent solo.
- Nov. 25 Start printing more brackets (max of 4 per day). There will be a 2 day process for each bracket. Day 1 - curing, day 2 paint. Day 3 shipment. So the first bracket won't ship out until at least the 28th of November.
If I being realistic I hope to cget everyone their bracket by Christmas
Between now and then a few things must happen and I must ask your cooperation in order for everything to work. The unit was meant to be have a very tight fit. In order to install the new bracket, the old one will have to be removed. To get the current bracket and screw out you will need to remove the top of the can. You will need a flat head screwdriver to pry it open. Try to find a spot around the can that you believe would be easiest to nudge the edge of a flat screw driver in. Twist the screwdriver to try and pry the cap up slightly, do not use and up down motion, make sure to twist/rotate like changing gears on a bicycle handle. Once you see movement, move around the cap slowly by using the same technique. Do not try to lift it all at once in a swift movement. Once the cap is off you will have to remove the glue from the nut in order to get the screw off. The cap is really tight, at this point to avoid any other mishaps, I would ask that you sand the inner edges of the cap to make the fit less tight before you try putting it back on. If everyone can get that done before their bracket gets there at least it will be less of a hassle once it does arrive.

No feeling of let down as this is a new venture and concept so things can happen! Have to break a few eggs as they say... Sadly I need to be added to the list as mine arrived yesterday and while I Hoped I would be special and without issue I was not so lucky. I will start the disassembly process and understand the setback. Things happen.

#465 4 years ago

Also throwing it out there. If any of the buyers own a 3D resin printer or know someone that owns one. I could always provide the file for the bracket and let you guys skip the wait and print your own. I am not by any means trying to skimp out but just offering it as an alternative.

#466 4 years ago

I too thought I'd get lucky(nope)...maybe if the bracket was individually wrapped?

Pretty awesome regardless! I wasn't sure exactly what the size would be until seeing it in person.

In order to install the new bracket, the old one will have to be removed. To get the current bracket and screw out you will need to remove the top of the can. You will need a flat head screwdriver to pry it open.

I'm not exactly sure what action is required on my end, so i'll just set this aside for now.

#467 4 years ago

In order to install the new bracket, the old one will have to be removed. To get the current bracket and screw out you will need to remove the top of the can. You will need a flat head screwdriver to pry it open. Try to find a spot around the can that you believe would be easiest to nudge the edge of a flat screw driver in. Twist the screwdriver to try and pry the cap up slightly, do not use and up down motion, make sure to twist/rotate like changing gears on a bicycle handle. Once you see movement, move around the cap slowly by using the same technique. Do not try to lift it all at once in a swift movement. Once the cap is off you will have to remove the glue from the nut in order to get the screw off. The cap is really tight, at this point to avoid any other mishaps, I would ask that you sand the inner edges of the cap to make the fit less tight before you try putting it back on.

Just a couple observations... my cap came off quite easily as it wasn't completely flush, so a flat screwdriver blade fit in quite easily and I was able to gently pry in several spots and came off in about 10 seconds. I'm not going to sand, as it goes back on fairly easily as well, but not loose by any means.

As for the glue on the nut... I left it on, as the screw came out without having to remove the glue. Bonus is now the nut is still glued in place and once I get the new bracket, I can put it back in quite easily without even having to fuss with the nut. In fact, if you're a risk taker, you might be able to remove and replace the screw without even removing the cap. I'm pretty sure I could have done so with mine, but now that the top is off, I can at least visualize the nut while screwing it back in to make sure it doesn’t get knocked loose or anything.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

In fact, if you're a risk taker, you might be able to remove and replace the screw without even removing the cap. I'm pretty sure I could have done so with mine, but now that the top is off, I can at least visualize the nut while screwing it back in to make sure it doesn’t get knocked loose or anything.

Nut falls at bottom of can and fries all LEDs. In other words don't be a risk taker

#469 4 years ago

Nut falls at bottom of can and fries all LEDs. In other words don't be a risk taker

NEVER be a risk taker with your nuts!!

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

NEVER be a risk taker with your nuts!!

Easy for you to say. Poor, poor, Monkey.

LTG : )

#471 4 years ago

Well, I’d assume this wouldn’t be done with power on (or mod even installed yet). And you’d know if the nut was on the screw or otherwise it wouldn’t tighten. Don’t get me wrong... I’m NOT recommending it, and am typically never a risk taker. Definitely don’t want my comments to be misconstrued, so good advice.

But I still contend that the glue should not have to be removed if others are glued like mine.

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Well, I’d assume this wouldn’t be done with power on (or mod even installed yet). And you’d know if the nut was on the screw or otherwise it wouldn’t tighten. Don’t get me wrong... I’m NOT recommending it, and am typically never a risk taker. Definitely don’t want my comments to be misconstrued, so good advice.
But I still contend that the glue should not have to be removed if others are glued like mine.

I was saying it half heartedly (I think that is the way you say it)... I wouldn't want the nut to ever fall even after. If people have a glue gun handy, I would make a glue mound the size of Everest just to be safe

#473 4 years ago

Sorry to add to your list, but I just opened mine, and the bracket was broken as well.

No problem waiting.

Looks exceptional,though....much better than I Imagined!

(....and I can more than empathize, its happened to me many times)

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry to add to your list, but I just opened mine, and the bracket was broken as well.
No problem waiting.
Looks exceptional,though....much better than I Imagined!
(....and I can more than empathize, its happened to me many times)

Damn.......not looking good for my delivery tomorrow.

Seems most are breaking...darn...hope I can manage modding my mod when it arrives...simple stuff I know.

#475 4 years ago

Today is the day for another tsunami of deliveries. If you can't laugh about it....what can you do?
3h7t4z (resized).jpg3h7t4z (resized).jpg

#476 4 years ago

Today is the day for another tsunami of deliveries. If you can't laugh about it....what can you do?
[quoted image]

I hope I dont have to show you. lol

#477 4 years ago

Mine is broken as well

0BC836F2-D5E8-470D-969B-839B1E55336F (resized).jpeg0BC836F2-D5E8-470D-969B-839B1E55336F (resized).jpeg
#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Mine is broken as well[quoted image]

You win for most broken bracket.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Mine is broken as well[quoted image]

I think maybe the other poster might have had a good point. Packaging it separately might have helped.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I think maybe the other poster might have had a good point. Packaging it separately might have helped.

Yup. That would have almost guaranteed that everything would have arrived safely. My main worry about that was the snug fit of the cap. I didn't want anyone to potentially damage their mod. Mind you a bit of glue in the entire would have fixed any potential issues. Chalk it down as lesson learnt.

#481 4 years ago

Sadly I don't think so. Resin parts have incredible detail but virtually no structural integrity. These could have been backed in cotton and feathers and I suspect the result would have been the same eventually. No worries minor setback and the product is still Awesome!

#482 4 years ago

To all buyers. Yelobird was kind enough to offer an olive branch. Long story short, everyone will receive a new bracket shipped directly from the states using a much stronger material. What does this mean for you? It means everyone will receive a bracket in the next two weeks or so.

I won't lie, I've been stressing for the last week trying to find ways to accelerate the process so everyone can enjoy their mod.

This is the best answer.
Have a great weekend.

Guy

#483 4 years ago

Tough situation but credit actually goes to #flashinstinct He evaluated every possible option to expedite a quick and painless solution to ensure his customers were happy and taken care of even if it meant a loss of profit. Stand up builder in my book and I applaud that commitment! I will do Everything I can to get All of these sent out by next week as long as the paint process cooperates and update Guy with status along the way to share with his clients.

#484 4 years ago

To all buyers. yelobird was kind enough to offer an olive branch. Long story short, everyone will receive a new bracket shipped directly from the states using a much stronger material. What does this mean for you? It means everyone will receive a bracket in the next two weeks or so.
I won't lie, I've been stressing for the last week trying to find ways to accelerate the process so everyone can enjoy their mod.
This is the best answer.
Have a great weekend.
Guy

Love It!!!

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tough situation but credit actually goes to #flashinstinct He evaluated every possible option to expedite a quick and painless solution to ensure his customers were happy and taken care of even if it meant a loss of profit. Stand up builder in my book and I applaud that commitment! I will do Everything I can to get All of these sent out by next week as long as the paint process cooperates and update Guy with status along the way to share with his clients.

I’m in Glen Ellyn. Can I pick it up from you?

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

I’m in Glen Ellyn. Can I pick it up from you?

I’m sure that could be arranged when they are done.

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m sure that could be arranged when they are done.

Yelo,

I love your mods by the way. I have about 7 items in my cart for my new PIN.

#488 4 years ago

Yelo,
I love your mods by the way. I have about 7 items in my cart for my new PIN.

And we very much appreciate you. Thanks!

#489 4 years ago

Must the the great canadian weather ...

2B5E62A0-3A5B-43E5-91FA-314DA5A0B2F8 (resized).jpeg2B5E62A0-3A5B-43E5-91FA-314DA5A0B2F8 (resized).jpeg
#490 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Must the the great canadian weather ...[quoted image]

Nah yours wasn't attached to the can. Test fit the top before putting it on. Some sanding might be requires.

#492 4 years ago

Guess the delivery to texas has issues. Mine was picked up on the 17th and paid for 4 day and now it's the 23rd and no news. Looking at 7 days or more.

Let hope the delay is because mine is hand driven down from Canada and it will not be in pieces. HAHA.

I am only going to shave once it's in machine..

#493 4 years ago

Not to pile on, but mine was broken, too.

0BE7E321-8E16-4BDD-8545-5E321AA9691B (resized).jpeg0BE7E321-8E16-4BDD-8545-5E321AA9691B (resized).jpeg
#494 4 years ago

I got a email saying my delivery is here....I run to the door....woohoo....excited since I was expecting Monday.

I didn't have to open box and already knew it was broken. Dang!!!

I was thinking take off the bracket that's left on the can and use sticky tape and place it on plastic, you will still see the lights.

Anyone thought to do that, will be all snug back there and safe.

smashed (resized).jpgsmashed (resized).jpg
#495 4 years ago

Loving it! I decided to connect to the control room. Was tempted to connect to Chaos but I don't think the cable was long enough. The detail work on this is really quite impressive. The only downside is the audible clicking sound the relay makes when turning off and on. Not an issue during gameplay but definitely hear it during attract mode. Overall super happy with it!

IMG_0745 (resized).jpegIMG_0745 (resized).jpeg
#496 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Loving it! I decided to connect to the control room. Was tempted to connect to Chaos but I don't think the cable was long enough. The detail work on this is really quite impressive. The only downside is the audible clicking sound the relay makes when turning off and on. Not an issue during gameplay but definitely hear it during attract mode. Overall super happy with it![quoted image]

I was hoping to see lots of pictures like this last week. In the next two weeks....

#497 4 years ago

My bracket didn’t make it either.

554A29E1-B050-4B17-B35C-0943C19000DD (resized).jpeg554A29E1-B050-4B17-B35C-0943C19000DD (resized).jpeg
#498 4 years ago

Update: things are progressing well on Yelobird's front. Brackets are being printed as we speak

#499 4 years ago

Brackets are Complete. Ran them 24/7 all weekend to get all those beautiful shaving cans hung by the Xmas tree for the holidays. Paint process starts tomorrow morning with Hopes (not promises....) to get ALL of these sent out this week if I can cure the paint properly in time so they ship unmarred.

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Brackets are Complete. Ran them 24/7 all weekend to get all those beautiful shaving cans hung by the Xmas tree for the holidays. Paint process starts tomorrow morning with Hopes (not promises....) to get ALL of these sent out this week if I can cure the paint properly in time so they ship unmarred.

Thanks for stepping in. We can wait a little longer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 588 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-amp-jp2-light-mod/page/10?hl=arcadem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.