Joyous Day!! Twilight Zone becomes mine!!

By Rick471

5 years ago

Stats

• 45 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by docscott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_1741.jpg
100_1740.jpg
TZ_&_LOTR_with_Rookie.jpg
2012-02-22_16-46-33_635.jpg
2012-02-22_16-46-20_443.jpg
2012-02-22_16-46-04_5.jpg
2012-02-22_14-29-19_183.jpg
2012-02-22_14-29-01_348.jpg
2012-02-22_14-28-41_460.jpg

#1 5 years ago

So I had to get rid of Jackbot and Partyzone, but I now have my #1 pin, the elusive TZ!!

Heres some pics, (not that you guys don't know what it looks like)

2012-02-22_14-28-41_460.jpg 2012-02-22_14-29-01_348.jpg 2012-02-22_14-29-19_183.jpg 2012-02-22_16-46-04_5.jpg 2012-02-22_16-46-20_443.jpg 2012-02-22_16-46-33_635.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Nice! Looks like its packed with mods. Congrats! My all time favorite pin by far.

#3 5 years ago

Neat topper.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks! Looks like it has slot machine mod, Rocketship, street lamp, spiral sign, pyramid topper, target decals, gumball mod, and led's throughout!! Not much to do to it I would say...

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Thanks! Looks like it has slot machine mod, Rocketship, street lamp, spiral sign, pyramid topper, target decals, gumball mod, and led's throughout!! Not much to do to it I would say...

Thats great!

#6 5 years ago

What a Beauty !!! Did you Pick it up from an Individual Collector or ____ ?

Nice! Looks like its packed with mods. Congrats! My all time favorite pin by far.

Here's pintastic a couple Yr's ago , he Traded me his Sample TZ for an HUO LOTR that i got for him..

A Mistake he has Regretted Ever since !!

Then I Traded that TZ for a TOM ,,, My Mistake !!

TZ_&_LOTR_with_Rookie.jpg

#7 5 years ago

That pyramid topper looks pretty cool!

#8 5 years ago

Awesome!

I love my Twilight Zone. It's still my #1 game of all time.

#9 5 years ago

Sir I wish I were you. Congrats on tz!

#10 5 years ago

You got ripped off...Most overrated game eva! Ha just kidding, always be my #1.

Now slap the switch kit on the powerfield and get it 100% slick.
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

You'll need a piano too. I think there's better slots out there but we're really nitpicking at that point.

EDIT: Damn I wish both side decals were that nice on mine.

#11 5 years ago

Nice! Congrats on getting your grail pin!

#12 5 years ago

I'll be joining you in a about two weeks, can't wait! I ended up selling 4 pins for mine, but happy to do so;)

#13 5 years ago

Awesome! Looks like a fine machine. Give that TZ a little love and patience and it will never leave your home.

#14 5 years ago

Congrats! Look very nice.

#15 5 years ago

Here's pintastic a couple Yr's ago , he Traded me his Sample TZ for an HUO LOTR that i got for him..

Yep, had to get another one! The switch mod is a must. The lamp shade really sets it off as well with the low profile switches on the power field. I just put this shooter rod on and really dig it as well.

100_1740.jpg

#16 5 years ago

It will never leave me.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It will never leave me.

+1
Congrats!

#18 5 years ago

Killer pin! One of my favorites!

#19 5 years ago

Congrats. Looks like a sweet TZ. Its a great feeling to own your favorite pin and be able to play it whenever you desire to. Enjoy and may I suggest the door flasher kit and the robot next?

#20 5 years ago

Great score Rick!
Glad you could realize your TZ dreams!

#21 5 years ago

Love the pin looks awesome, I love the feeling of finally getting the pin you have been looking for!

#22 5 years ago

Congrats on getting your TZ.

#23 5 years ago

Sweet! I know how you must feel. I just finished a year-long restoration on mine and am loving it.
This is Lawlor's opus! Not sure a machine this complex will ever be made again.

#24 5 years ago

no just kidding more like this

#25 5 years ago

Just played two games on my TZ. Amazing game. Congrats!

#26 5 years ago

Looks good to me. Go get LITZ!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

What a Beauty !!! Did you Pick it up from an Individual Collector or ___ ?

Then I Traded that TZ for a TOM ,,, My Mistake !!

Attachments TZ_&_LOTR_with_Rookie.jpg (267.4 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old

Hi BR,

Thanks!

I got it from a local collector friend of mine. He has been selling off his stuff and this was one of the last to go. When I saw it, I fell in love. Definitely one of the nicest I have seen in person.

I still have my TOM (you can see it in the back) and still like it. Just two very different pins...

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You got ripped off...Most overrated game eva! Ha just kidding, always be my #1.
Now slap the switch kit on the powerfield and get it 100% slick.
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/
You'll need a piano too. I think there's better slots out there but we're really nitpicking at that point.
EDIT: Damn I wish both side decals were that nice on mine.

Ooooh! That mod looks niiice!

I think I will order it!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from pintastic:

Yep, had to get another one! The switch mod is a must. The lamp shade really sets it off as well with the low profile switches on the power field. I just put this shooter rod on and really dig it as well.

Attachments 100_1740.jpg (312.2 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

That looks really nice. Can you take a photo of it from the side to see what it looks like plz??

Custom job or is this still available??

#30 5 years ago

that is one nice looking TZ! Congrats..I am envyous!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

that is one nice looking TZ! Congrats..I am envyous!

Thanks Wicked! My wife actually got a little annoyed/jealous today because I spent waaaay more time with the machine than her!

#32 5 years ago

Well done, great pin, enjoy, you have the original rocket ship mod as well, you can't get them anymore. Check out the pinball decals web site for any remaining mods, not that you need many more, you are about to enter....the....Twilight Zone...

#33 5 years ago

I'm very jealous, One day I'll be posting a new TZ.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

My wife actually got a little annoyed/jealous today because I spent waaaay more time with the machine than her!

May I suggest you buy your wife a machine of her own? She may not feel so left out

#35 5 years ago

Moved to the Buying and Selling Sub Forum. Pinside Talk is for issues with the forum itself.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Ooooh! That mod looks niiice!
I think I will order it!

Do it now while you're still pumped up to work on it. I did NOT have a good time taking off the powerfield, and i DO NOT want to go through it again.

#37 5 years ago

Nice score Rick471

#38 5 years ago

Looks great congrats rick TZ really rounds out an already solid collection!!

#39 5 years ago

Nice score!

What is a TZ worth that was pulled from the vender route a few years ago, no mods, unknown operation, dirty and average wear but not trashed? My guess is $2000-2500 if there is no way to plug it in.

TZ is hard to take the Boston average because some of those pins have thosands in mods, some nothing. The love for the game drives it up as well but I am surprised it has not gone higher. My guess that the reason the price is not near MM is due to over 15,000 being made and they have a lot of stuff to keep working.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

What is a TZ worth that was pulled from the vender route a few years ago, no mods, unknown operation, dirty and average wear but not trashed? My guess is $2000-2500 if there is no way to plug it in.

I think you're in the ballpark but how often do you think the situation will come up where the buyer won't have a way to power it up?

#41 5 years ago

That looks really nice. Can you take a photo of it from the side to see what it looks like plz??

Custom job or is this still available??

Here ya go. Heres where I got it from. You'll have to e-mail him to see if he has any more. I personally like the white clock faced ones a little better but he hasnt produced them in a while. Beggars cant be choosers.
http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineaccessories/id32.html

100_1741.jpg

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

how often do you think the situation will come up where the buyer won't have a way to power it up?

Actually that is fairly common here. People will have them stored in a conex with no power. I have came across that a couple times now. I have a generator and a long extension cord but I will not expend the effort if I am buying, that is up to the seller. Stuff can live a long healthy life here ina conex because we do not have much humidity and the weather stays cool.

The picture of the clock made mem think it was a LOTR. I had to look close to see the clock face from the side pic. Very nice mod.

1 week later
#43 5 years ago

Got mine last week and guess what... My WIFE loves it!

Who saw that one coming?..

#44 5 years ago

Grrrrrrrratz!

#45 5 years ago

Congrats. Albq here I come.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Professor Pinball
$ 87.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 46.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 5.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 234.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 12.95
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
£ 60.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
7,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mineola, NY
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 2,110 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside