You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B6E91385-21AC-40FE-A124-E5059696167F (resized).jpeg
golden oak stained (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A2CC9013-7B1F-4366-A34B-36109C4498A2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I had to craft a new set of the wooden ball guides for the joust playfield swap that I just completed because the "weathered" vinyl wrap was so badly torn up in multiple spots on just about every section

since then I've had a couple of other pinsiders ask me to make them sets so I figured I might as well create a topic and see if there are any others might be interested

each set will consist of the following solid oak with a golden oak stain and protected with 2 coats of satin polyurethane (getting rid of that awful gray weathered look
- (4) 17" angled pieces (these are the ones that run the length of the playfield on the outer edge. (2) of the pieces have a routed channel to accept and secure the metal ball guide
- (2) 4-1/4" pieces (inner ball shooter lane)
- (2) 3" pieces (inner ball entrance lane underneath the cross over plastics

pricing is: $60 plus shipping (in line with what taylor reese charges for his cheapest set of reese rails

pm me if you are interested

#2 4 years ago

ebony (left) and golden oak (right). the stains are still a bit wet but the grain is still evident with the ebony
A2CC9013-7B1F-4366-A34B-36109C4498A2 (resized).jpegA2CC9013-7B1F-4366-A34B-36109C4498A2 (resized).jpeg

personally, I still think that the golden oak suits the joust better, but I'll leave the choice to the buyer

#3 4 years ago

here’s a better photo now that the stain has had a chance to dry

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

here's a photo of a complete set of ball guides (golden oak stain) with a satin finish polyurethane finish
golden oak stained (resized).jpggolden oak stained (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5 4 years ago

I should have an update for those that have expressed interest in the wood ball guides by next week

4 weeks later
#6 4 years ago

I received 6 sets of joust wood rails from my cousin (I originally received half last week). I will begin staining tonight and then applying 3-4 coats of polyurethane clear

I'll provide updates to those that expressed interest hopefully by the end of next week

#7 4 years ago

staining for the (2) ebony sets was completed last night after a 2nd coat. the (3) golden oak sets will be stained this evening and then multiple coats of the polyurethane applied to all (5) sets starting this weekend

#8 4 years ago

golden oak staining is complete
B6E91385-21AC-40FE-A124-E5059696167F (resized).jpegB6E91385-21AC-40FE-A124-E5059696167F (resized).jpeg

#10 4 years ago

all of the pieces have 3 coats of polyurethane now. I'm going to let them dry for an additional 24 hours and then I'll take some [blue] scotchbrite pads to them to clean up any dust particles and see if they need another coat or two.

if they look good, they'll cure for an additional day or two before I contact people for payment and ship.

I have an additional 4 sets arriving in the next day or two and 2 of those sets are already spoken for.

#11 4 years ago

first batch is now complete and boxed up. invoices have gone out to all buyers. I received 4 more sets today and staining will commence tomorrow for the 2 people that have expressed interest.

2 unspoken sets are still available

1 month later
#12 4 years ago

I have 3 sets currently remaining. these are stained to order (golden oak or ebony) so turn around time is approximately 2 weeks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joust-owners-gauging-interest-for-solid-oak-guide-rails?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.