20190529_104652 (resized).jpg
IMG_3425 (resized).JPG
IMG_3417 (resized).JPG
IMG_2642 (resized).JPG
IMG_2641 (resized).JPG
IMG_2640 (resized).JPG
IMG_2639 (resized).JPG
IMG_2638 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Hello Joust folks,
Just letting you all know that Joust plastics will be no problem - in any quantity you need. Whether it be 1 extra, or 100 extra needing to be made. We're going to be taking care of the "re-run" when the Joust reproduction playfields are shipping. I won't steal our coming thunder right now, but I will say that CPR will be changing reproduction in the hobby forever - starting first with plastics & backglasses, and soon after playfields. This summer. We've been building 15 years to this moment. On-demand reproductions (runs or 're-runs' of 1) will be CPR's new thing. Order. Made. Shipped. With turnarounds that will make your head spin. We'll explain everything in detail when the time comes.
As for Joust playfields, after 3 years of CPR collecting the preorders of "everybody Joust" who wanted a new Joust playfield - just a reminder to those Jousters who didn't get the recent emails regarding this run - if you are new and wanting to jump onboard for a playfield - we WILL make a few more for latecomers. It's soon too late, but you have about 2-3 weeks. You just have to stand up and make your 2018 promise with the rest of the guys who already did recently. Use the "CONFIRM" link at our web site on the Preorder Page to send in your information (and quantity desired). Just like the last 3 years of guys did.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html
That's the latest for Joust here.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

awesome news!

now go make me a Barracora pf

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am considering joining this club as it looks like a real fun game to play.
Is this a good deal for this game?
ebay.com link » Joust Pinball Machine By Bally Coin Op 1969 Rare Zipper Flippers

No, but the baywarch in the back looks immaculate!!!

1 week later
#18 5 years ago

congrats!

That one come via IN?

2 weeks later
#24 5 years ago

anyone have insider info on how many commitments CPR has gotten?

Would be nice to know how close this is to becoming a reality. Guessing a few of us may even be willing to commit for a second one just to get this all done.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the last time that I spoke with kevin, they were over 50 commitments (re-commitments) and I was assured that the project would get done
as far as what I know and am allowed to publicly reveal, things are progressing very well

that is AWESOME!!!

Really appreciate the news and hard work to help so many bring games back to better than new condition!

1 month later
#33 5 years ago

Really looking forward to this!

2 weeks later
#37 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Question is, which is better? Mirco is shipping now, historically is there much if any difference?

There is a difference and in this case I am going to support the company that has been working on this for almost five years, hand drew all the art stateside, and took a calculated approach to que the numer of commitments in advance.

I cannot in good conscious support the company that appears to have strong armed their way into a repeat of the license to allow this and then is purposefully running a pf that was already accounted for by CPR.

IMHO! There are to many other games that need new pfs and Mirco actively choosing to do joust when CPR has been working on it for years is a low move, not good for the pinball community, and just not needed given the limited demand for this title to begin with. Same as with TAF, the market and work was established via CPr and Mirco comes in to try and take sales when he could be doing the right thing and just avoiding compycat titles.

3 weeks later
#42 5 years ago

any updates on when we can expect CPR pf?

1 month later
#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Compute:

Oh good, there is a Joust owners thread. We picked one up in a bulk buy a few weeks ago. Been picking at it, hope to bring it to show at least if we don't put it in our location.

what is your location in Appleton?

1 month later
#50 5 years ago

Wow!

Even the halftones look perfect!

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

yes, that's my understanding. I worked out a deal with terry @ pinball life and had the larger (square) brackets made and had them shipped to CPR. the playfields will be cut from the underside (just like the originals), and shipped bent and secured with the brackets

nice!

1 week later
#57 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

for anyone that is restoring a joust (or any other machine) and needs these #6x1/2" rwh (round washer head) phillips screws
on the joust, these are the screws that hold the 6 metal brackets underneath the playfield (at the cut) and the attach the aprons to the metal bracket at the ends of the playfield, I've order a carton (10,000pcs)
each machine uses a quantity of 28 of these. they look like this but will have the correct black oxide finish
[quoted image]
if you're interested, pm me. the price will be $6.00 for a qty of 30 including shipping (add $1 for each additional 10 that you need) in the continental united states. intl orders will be slightly higher (pm me for details)

I will take 70 of these please

3 weeks later
#61 5 years ago

Any updates on CPR Joust playfields?

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Or use the offer on a good price and highest quality with immidiate availability...
By the way I do not have different quality levels as all playfields are made on high end machines...
Regards,
Mirco

I have seen your quality on this and I prefer to take my chances on the CPR one, esp since they have been on this project longer before you even considered it. Plenty of other pfs I have bought and will buy from you, but I refuse to buy a single one where you are purposefully wasting time/ duplicating efforts in order to create strife. Go make ones that others have not already committed to doing in advace please and stop with this silly shit of looking at CPR in que, hiring low cost Asian contractors to do the art, and slam it out the door rushed to beat them.

There is plenty of space in this market and you are not gaining friends/customers by duplicating efforts and esp by posting in a CPR thread! REALLY tacky!

#72 5 years ago

awesome! Anxiously awaiting my email!

4 months later
#78 4 years ago

Good news came via email today!!!

if you pre-ordered, be on the look out!!!!

wooHooo!!!!!

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

invoices were sent to those on the reservation list. I will post photos of my playfield as soon as I receive it
after working on this for as long as jim smith and I did, it will be nice to finally see the results of all of the effort that went into this project

thanks for all the hard work!!!

I am excited for the daunting task of doing this restoration!

#85 4 years ago

man it sure looks great!

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

did any other joust owners order one and receive theirs yet?

I got mine (before you posted pics but wanted to let you do the honors of sharing)
Looks phenomenal in person!

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Still awaiting my email.

did you put down a deposit during the pre-order?

#94 4 years ago

check your spam.

With only 40 being made, I wuld assume they all went out around the same date which was a bit ago now (many got, paid, and now a re receiving the pfs)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joust-owners-club-ostrich-riders-and-pterodactyl-slayers-wanted?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.