Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by phergott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0131161158_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Hi all, so I'm replacing a broken female socket, but in order to do that I have to remove the rivet near the mounting bracket. As of now I figured on using a screw and nut to replace it when I'm done. I'd rather use a rivet, but don't know what type of rivet or squeeze tool. Any suggestions?
    -Chris

0131161158_(resized).jpg0131161158_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Can't you just replace the whole 12 pin female jones plug?

There should be plenty of spares out there. I should have some if you need one.

#3 8 years ago

I could and would if I had one. The guy I got the replacement insert had everything but that size. It's a 12 prong one-2 rows of 6.

#4 8 years ago

I'll see what I got

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from phergott:

I could and would if I had one. The guy I got the replacement insert had everything but that size. It's a 12 prong one-2 rows of 6.

I may have one too, and since I'm 15 minutes from you, could drop it off. Let me look tonight.

#6 8 years ago

Dremel tool to grind off brass rivet on just one end, twist apart an remove and replace the bad socket. I use small machine nut and bolt. Probably faster than doing all the soldering. Good luck

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

I'll see what I got

Quoted from goldenboy232:

I may have one too, and since I'm 15 minutes from you, could drop it off. Let me look tonight.

Okay guys, thanks. Hope you come with one.

Quoted from flipit:

Dremel tool to grind off brass rivet on just one end, twist apart an remove and replace the bad socket. I use small machine nut and bolt. Probably faster than doing all the soldering. Good luck

Yes, much easier, standing by with the nut and bolt in case hoov or Mark don't come up with one. ☺

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

I'll see what I got

I do have one.

Let me know what you decide. Just shoot me a pm if you want it.

#9 8 years ago

It's kind of a pain, but I recall having had some luck replacing just one by first straightening the prongs, then using a small flat blade screwdriver to work them in a little at a time, bending them into the slots. Then once in far enough, using a pliers to crimp them in more.

#10 8 years ago

Sorry Chris, I have an extra 2 x 8, 2 x 5, and 2 x 3, but not a 2 x 6 Jones Plug. Hoov might be your best bet.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from goldenboy232:

Sorry Chris, I have an extra 2 x 8, 2 x 5, and 2 x 3, but not a 2 x 6 Jones Plug. Hoov might be your best bet.

Thanks for looking Mark.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jones-plug-rivet-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.