You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5681 (resized).JPG
20180125_150212-1 (resized).jpg
20180125_150005 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Picture shows a disconnected red and yellow wire coming from the Set Up relay. Can anyone check their J.R. and tell me where it should be soldered?
2nd pic is the schematic for the Set Up relay. I can't read them well enough to figure it out.
Also, what are the small letters and numbers written inside the relay icon?

20180125_150005 (resized).jpg20180125_150005 (resized).jpg

20180125_150212-1 (resized).jpg20180125_150212-1 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

The numbers are the coil numbers. I don't know about the wire

#3 6 years ago

I'll check my Jolly Roger when I get home and report back unless somebody beats me to it.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from danceline:

The numbers are the coil numbers. I don't know about the wire

How does "M 30 1400" relate to a coil number?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll check my Jolly Roger when I get home and report back unless somebody beats me to it.

Thank you sir!

#6 6 years ago

Look at the picture you posted of the wire and look at the coil in the picture . It is the same number

#7 6 years ago

The schematic (at E30) shows that wire goes two places. A rollover switch on the playfield, and impulse switch D. So it just goes back into the wiring harness, not to something nearby, so it's just been cut randomly there. There's a loop of the same color wire below it in the picture, is there the other cut end on one end of that loop?

M 30 1400 is a coil PART number, not a number identifying which coil it is in the game. M is the bobbin type, 30 is the wire gauge, 1400 is the number of turns.

#8 6 years ago

Looks like you may just have an extra wire on there.

The letter is the bobbin size. The 30 is wire gauge. 1400 is the number of windings.

DSCN5681 (resized).JPGDSCN5681 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

Thanks for all the help gentlemen! The game was playing fine, but I thought that wire should go somewhere.

On your J.R., does the playfield score reel reset to 10 at the start of a new game? Mine works, but stays wherever it last was when the previous game ended.

#10 6 years ago

I think it just stays where it is. Fun game! Very competitive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jolly-roger-wiring-request and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.