• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by GPS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello All,

Quick quick. I would like to clean the opto's associated with the rotating hand of cards in the translight.

Has anyone ever done this before and if so, is there any special care that needs to be applied to alignment of the round plastic disc that has the "kings hand" on it with respect to the orientation on the shaft?

I might very well be making this far more complicated than need be but I thiought better ask and have that be the case than booger it all up.

Thanks guys,

George...

#2 8 years ago

bump

#3 8 years ago

Off memory, I would play a game until it was supposed to spin, then whatever hand it ends up on, tighten the hub screw to display that hand. Really inspect that hub to see that it isn't cracked. If it is, it probably wont stay put. I used a very small hose clamp around the hub on mine (which was cracked) and was able to tighten the set screw and it never did move. Now I think they are available new. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

#4 8 years ago

The game knows what hand it's on. It uses a stepper motor and knows the start of the wheel using the opto on the driver board. No alignment is needed by you.

#5 8 years ago

Hey Dirk

Thank you and to you as well dozed. I was just concerned that I would remove the wheel and not get it back exactly where it was and bam, game does not play correctly.

The whole reason I wish to do this is to clean the opto behind the wheel. Probably not been done in a while. Thank you very much

George

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-rotating-card-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.