• Latest reply 3 years ago by MousinAround
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

2 weeks later
#2 4 years ago

Great to see these available!

#3 4 years ago

anyone ever make the top lane upper plastic? That yellows and cracks on nearly every game i've ever seen.

#4 4 years ago

Marco has had the upper part of the playfield before.

#5 4 years ago

So does PPS...

#6 4 years ago

We have the jokerz mini-playfield as well as the artwork film for it.

rick@planetarypinball.com

#7 4 years ago

nice. Everyone that has a jokers needs that. I hope you are making out of a different plastic.

#8 4 years ago

I've bought the upper PF, decal and plastic set from PPS...they look great!

(I've also designed/machined plastic protectors for Jokerz)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pf-plastic-protectors-for-salejokerz

#9 4 years ago

is it a softer better plastic? I think the originals were pure lexan, which yellowed very badly and cracked.

#10 4 years ago

Just got these from Pps...upper ramp too. So what rivets to use?, between lights and switches this is a little bit of work. It's the proper length of rivet that keeps me guessing.

#11 4 years ago

It also seems the rivets for two upper corner pieces and uprights will be yet another size rivet.

#12 4 years ago

+1

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Just got these from Pps...upper ramp too. So what rivets to use?, between lights and switches this is a little bit of work. It's the proper length of rivet that keeps me guessing.

Pinbits has a 'rivet' clip set that can work. If you order, ask for all large, as that is the size that fits best.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is it a softer better plastic? I think the originals were pure lexan, which yellowed very badly and cracked.

I can't tell if its polycarb, but that yellowing is going to happen to any plastic, if you move to LED lights, it should be less of an issue. In terms of strength, looking at the damage on my own and comparing it to the new one, it seems at least 'as good' and plastic tech has come a long way in 25 plus years. That said, it will take a beating, since the game play pretty much ensures the ball will impact frequently in a few key spots.

#15 4 years ago

why does the upper yellow but the ramps don't? should be made out of the same material as the ramps.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Pinbits has a 'rivet' clip set that can work. If you order, ask for all large, as that is the size that fits best

Thank you very much, I Will look into it.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why does the upper yellow but the ramps don't? should be made out of the same material as the ramps.

The upper playfield has 10 bayonet 44's and 6 flashers, its a lot of light that's almost in direct contact. Incandescent bulb heat helps it age faster. I've seen pictures that suggest it may have been an light amber plastic originally, but holding my original up to the light, I can see nearly clear areas, and halos from the 44's mounted directly to the inlanes.

#18 3 years ago

Has anyone done there upper ramp switch out yet?

#19 3 years ago

I'm in the middle of it, so if you need a clean shot of before and after I have it. I gave up on the pinbits rivets. I could be doing it wrong, but decided since I'm going to eventually retheme with the extra playfield I found, I'll have to remove the switches and art again, so going to countersink for small screws and a bolt. I'll share pics as well in case other's want to try. Probably won't be able to get to it soon, but feel free to send questions.

#20 3 years ago

I did mine not long after they came out. Makes a huge difference and looks really good. I had to re-use the decal for it though, as PPS hadn't released it at the time.

Has anyone used the Overlay on the Playfield? My playfield is pretty ordinary, and I'm contemplating what to do with it.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from MousinAround:

Has anyone used the Overlay on the Playfield? My playfield is pretty ordinary, and I'm contemplating what to do with it.

Zipman1966 has a decaled/cleared Jokerz! and it looks to have turned out great. Unfortunately I no longer have the pictures he had sent of it but I'm sure if you ping him he'd be happy to share.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Zipman1966 has a decaled/cleared Jokerz! and it looks to have turned out great. Unfortunately I no longer have the pictures he had sent of it but I'm sure if you ping him he'd be happy to share.

Cheers, I've sent him a message.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oshkosh, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside