3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Looking for someone with diagnostic and board level repair skills to troubleshoot and repair a Jokerz pinball machine near Apple Valley, CA.

The story...

Display two was not showing segment “h”

Troubleshot issue to failed 7180 at u20

While troubleshooting shorted u20 pins 5 and 14

Blew F1 and F3 on main power supply board

Tried replacing fuses and blew F1 immediately

Restarted without F1 and get repeating six blinks on diagnostic LED and 10 blinks on blanking LED

Suspect new damage from shorting the 7180 on display board causing the high voltage fuses to blow

Diagnostic LEDs imply U42 PIA failure on main board but perhaps display board short or other damage is leading to the U42 and potentially other failures on the main system 11 B board.

Also at one time had corrosion on battery holder. Connections were cleaned and I do not see damage to any traces or nearby circuitry. Machine was working flawlessly except for the h segment failure. Purchased a Frank's Battery Board Pro Black Edition on Ebay that uses CR2032 batteries and would like that soldered in when machine is repaired.

Maybe additional issues post fixing U42 so need someone who can fully test and repair. If it is not feasible to repair display board, I am open to putting in a LED from XPIN, etc.

I suppose I could ship the main board to someone for repair but wonder if any other boards might have been damaged and thus an in person diagnostic might be better.

Any suggestions/recommendations are appreciated.

-RJ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-pinball-repair-near-apple-valley-ca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.