Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

My jokerz has the draw poker flashers and the jackpot ramp flashers stuck on. I checked for a short to ground from wires to cpu. And checked both transistors. They were replaced before I got the machine. Guessing someone got as far as that and pulled the plugs and gave up... any help is greatly appreciated guys!!!

#2 6 years ago

If you remove 1J12 connector does the flashers turn off? Do you have a logic probe?

#3 6 years ago

I do not have a logic prob but I can get one. I'll have to try removing that from the board. I'm guessing that will tell me if something is in fact wrong with wiring before that and telling that side of the circuit it should be on??. I'll check when I get home. Thanks for the responce.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingkool53:

I'm guessing that will tell me if something is in fact wrong with wiring before that and telling that side of the circuit it should be on??

Correct, if they go off then its a board problem and if they stay on you have a wire shorted to ground.

#5 6 years ago

Guessing at that point if it's the board I start chasing logic?

#6 6 years ago

If so something you would be intrested in looking at ? If I pay you of course. Logic gets tricky

#7 6 years ago

Can you solder, because I will help you with the logic.

#8 6 years ago

I certainly can. I replaced the logic chip that is associated with that section and still same problem. Light goes off when I unplug. It also goes of when I go into testing and only comes on with any flasher call and dosent flash but dimly starts then brighter and then stays on

#9 6 years ago

It's a long time since I worked on a System 11. Do they have the same setup as WPC for driving transistors ? Logic, diode, pre-driver transistor, power transistor ? If so I would be looking at the diode and pre-driver transistor. Also could be a bridged track on the board from a previous shoddy repair.

#10 6 years ago

You need to check U-18 pin 3 for a low signal with the game in attract mode. If this is good then check SR5 pin 3 for a low signal. If this is good then replace the transistor Q-17 with a tip102. If SR5 has a high signal then replace the predriver with a 2n4401.

#11 6 years ago

Yes it is exactly as you said. Wow what a memorie. I'm gonna get on that. What do you need
Mean by low signal. Referring to voltage ? I shouldn't have any voltage on that part right? Or do you mean check with a logic probe witch is still on its way in the mail

#12 6 years ago

Also can't say I've seen a tip 102 transistor. Is there a different part number? Can seam to find it in my parts just checking to see now. In case I need it

#13 6 years ago

Is that npn?

#14 6 years ago

My draw poker flashers were out (don't recall any other flashers being impacted though...), replaced Q17 and the associated pre-driver as recommended above and resolved, just fyi. I used a tip102 as well.

From pinrehab: https://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/tutorials/120-electronics-tutorial-transistors

Transistor Replacement
In most cases you will be able to find an exact replacement for any transistors. Following are some suggested replacements you should use instead of the original product for improved reliability.
TIP120, TIP121, TIP122, 2N6045 and SE9302 -- replace with TIP102
TIP42 -- replace with TIP42C
13N10L-- replace with IRL530N
22NE10L -- replace with IRL540N

#15 6 years ago

Gotcha very usefully information! So I'm looking for voltage at those pins? Thanks again for the help really appreciate it. The schematic calls for a tip 122 and that's what's in there but I will replace while I'm working on it

#16 6 years ago

Both the jackpot flashers and draw poker flashers are stuck on and the guy before me just pulled the bulbs...

#17 6 years ago

Bingo. Got it fixed. You the man. I read posts from you before and damn your good. I'm just starting to get the concept of board repair. Can't thank you enough!

#18 6 years ago

A low signal is a voltage below .8 of a volt. If you have a logic probe it is a green light. When I do repair work I use a TIP 102 as a replacement part because it is 60% stronger than the TIP122. Now do the same testing on the other flasher circuit as they are the same type of circuit.

#19 6 years ago

All 100 percent man thanks so much. There was so many hacks but so rewarding. Can't tell you how much I appreciate it

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingkool53:

All 100 percent man

Its pinball time now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-need-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.