Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Kennebunk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Just purchased and everything worked fine initially. After a few games started noticing longer wait times for multiball to start after locking second ball. I can hear and see relay 1 clicking on aux power board but the coil won't fire. Coil test works and at power up it kicks out balls. I removed aux power board and reseated cables. When I tried to play it worked one time then went back to not working. Tried reseating connectors again but didn't change. Any ideas?

#2 6 years ago

Lift up playfield and check the switch on lock mid left playfield.

#3 6 years ago

Hello
Wondering if possible there maybe some solder pad issues associated with those connectors that you removed and reseated. Did you by chance remove the board and do a close inspection of the solder pads that hold the pins into the board for the connectors to attach to? Maybe worth taking a closer look there and possibly reflowibg solder to those pins which would not take much time. Maybe a cheap and easy fix. Just my .02 Worth

Love the game. Doesn’t get any respect but I like it!

G

#4 6 years ago

Do the two switches register in switch test? Relay only clicks when flashing things

#5 6 years ago

Switch test works. Lock one and lock 2. I will take out board and check pins and reflow. Thanks for the suggestions!

#6 6 years ago

Odd... I hit the left flipper a few times and balls kicked out.

#7 6 years ago

Just my .02 but maybe your hitting the flipper button caused enough vibration to close/open a switch that resulted in the action you described occurring. This has happened to me before hence why I suggest

G

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Just my .02 but maybe your hitting the flipper button caused enough vibration to close/open a switch that resulted in the action you described occurring. This has happened to me before hence why I suggest
G

I would agree if you test the switch by pushing it down with your fingers it may register but ball may not be pushing it down all the way. Check it with the ball and or take a good look at it. Just had this same type issue with rollergames ball 2 locked and game seeing it just need a little adjustment and I was back in business

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I would agree if you test the switch by pushing it down with your fingers it may register but ball may not be pushing it down all the way. Check it with the ball and or take a good look at it. Just had this same type issue with rollergames ball 2 locked and game seeing it just need a little adjustment and I was back in business

Check it with two balls, the way it is when the problem manifests

#10 6 years ago

I took out the aux power board and replaced a TIP36C that was suspect. Also resoldered the relay. Put board back in and everything seems to be working tonight. Not sure which thing I did made it work. Possible bad connection. Sigh. At least it is running for now. Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond to this thread!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-multiball-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.