Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by coz6
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jokerzpf (resized).jpg
jokerzcab (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Recently picked up a Williams System 11 Pin by the name of Jokerz this looked like a super fun game and i knew i was buying a game with weak flippers and know i can do i flipper rebuild and what not. But when the pin showed up I started slowly noticing other random issues and I was hoping on some insight into what it may be from all the people here on pinside since I am a noob to the pin addiction but have repaired a EM Williams (Jubilee) And a very unique SS Williams (Lucky Seven) So I figured I could tackle this pin without causing myself a divorce in the process lol. So now that you have the backstory let me layout the issues I noticed for the most part and keep in mind the seller assures me the game had always worked flawlessly and was very suprised at the issues.

Weak Flippers (Im gonna get a rebuild kit)
Drop Targets are not resetting but do register when knocked down
MultiBall Kickout is not working after the second ball is up the ramp and down the shoot but i do hear the head clicking like its trying to tell the coil to kick the balls out but it does not do it.
Lights on the playfield that are supposed to stay lit are not illuminated i did not notice this before because All the random lighting was grabbing my attention.

Thanks in advance to any help I can recieve as this game looks the funnest out of all the ones we have picked up so far and the fact that these are all set to free play at our shop for anyone who happens to walk into the store.

jokerzcab (resized).jpg

jokerzpf (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

That playfield looks like it is in incredible shape for a Jokerz! I've never seen one that wasn't all chewed up around the inserts, and there are a lot of inserts.

#3 2 years ago

Are you sure all the drops are registering? I would test in the switch test vs game play. A little vibration can fool ya. (been there on this game before)

#4 2 years ago

like you said there appear to be several issues:

First thing I would do is pull and verify every fuse is good and correct value

Second thing i would do is go back and inspect and reseat every connector, look to see if anything is off colored or can be wiggled after it clicks into place. Don't forget the connectors under the playfield and next to the displays. Loose connectors cause all kinds of problems on system 11

Flippers may just need adjustment for now - this is a must read before doing anything with your flippers:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

I would hold off on ordering anything until you are sure of everything you may need, there isnt much worse than discovering you need another part after your order has been placed. Make sure your flippers have clear movement and the EOS switches are gapped correctly - you probably should plan on posting close up pics as people love to look at games, you will get much better responses with clear questions and clear pictures

You said the targets fail to come back up, and the multiball doesnt kick out. i assume all three target banks act the same? and you are positive all three targets in the bank are scoring and just dont come back up? I had this happen on one bank as a loose connection but doubtful you would have that on every bank

Do the top right (draw poker) and top left kickers both work? they are all on same column 6 of the switch matrix so if they are not working it gives us a clue what to look at next

also - what happens if you have one ball in the multiball kicker and turn the game off? when you power back on it should shoot that out would tell you if the kicker is working there.

After all that we can move on to SOLENOID TEST from page 30 of the jokerz! manual - using the buttons inside the coin door to activate varies sounds,lights, coils

If you dont already have a manual then this is better than nothing. it will at least walk you thru test/diagnostic procedures

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1308/Williams_1988_Jokerz_Operations_Manual.pdf

there is another current thread specially on Jokerz GI issues so make sure you read and follow that as well

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-jokerz-light-issue#post-3642374

#5 2 years ago

What lights are not staying lit? Touch them and see if behavior changes sometimes just bending the bulb holders will improve connectivity.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Are you sure all the drops are registering? I would test in the switch test vs game play. A little vibration can fool ya. (been there on this game before)

I had the same issues with vibrations. 1 bank would not rest and the 'million' light would not come on. then randomly during play or if i hit the side of the cabinet it would sometimes register, reset targets, and light the million.

I ended up 'thickening' the pins by running solder the length of the pin - this allowed the connector to grab it and keep a connection

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I had the same issues with vibrations. 1 bank would not rest and the 'million' light would not come on. then randomly during play or if i hit the side of the cabinet it would sometimes register, reset targets, and light the million.
I ended up 'thickening' the pins by running solder the length of the pin - this allowed the connector to grab it and keep a connection

Yup slap shot on the side could fix it..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Solon, OH
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside