Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

"Don't buy another project Eric." "It doesn't matter how cheap it is Eric." "Eric, why do you keep doing this to yourself?"

All great questions with one valid answer - I have a fever. And the only prescription is more pinball.

Bought a Jokerz tonight, as is. Get it home, a game won't start, and it was before.

Getting a U10 PIA failure.

Also - another tricky thing, part of the cabinet is missing. The rail piece which holds the translite in place. Any ideas on how to find a replacement?

Look forward to hearing any ideas.

Thanks,

Eric

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Mistermoberg:

part of the cabinet is missing. The rail piece which holds the translite in place.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8265-1

#3 1 year ago

grumpy - I should have been more specific. The wood piece at the top of the cabinet. That rail.

#4 1 year ago

Also, one more thing worth mentioning, there are extra characters on the display. Not the wrong characters, but extra lines and dashes.

#5 1 year ago

Well, step one after a move is to reseat all cables, and press hard on all socketed chips. But I'd also try and power it on and off a few times. This may be an intermittent problem.

#6 1 year ago

The wood piece at the top of the cabinet. That rail.

You will have to make one from oak on the table saw, I did this for my pinbot as someone opened the backbox by prying this off on mine.

#7 1 year ago

there are extra characters on the display

Where they there when you bought it or just after the move?

#8 1 year ago

I got a jokerz I'll sell you. For parts

#9 1 year ago

grumpy The guy told me it had been pryed off - I hadn't seen one missing before. Think I should try and color match the blue or just go for a different color? Do you happen to know the dimensions of that piece?

The extra characters were there when I picked it up. Reseated all connections. Knowing what I know now, my guess is the power supply giving off too much.

beaumistim - I don't think my situation requires a whole parts game, but I appreciate the offer.

#10 1 year ago

Make sure not to put too much $$ into Jokerz --- had one and while it was a decent game, it does not have much desire on the open market.

#11 1 year ago

corvettepinner I paid *very* little for this game. I want it working and touched up. It's a keeper for me. I'll be able to fix MPU and Power supply if needed and put in LED's - and still be way under book value. Thanks for the heads up though.

#12 1 year ago

The guy told me it had been pryed off - I hadn't seen one missing before. Think I should try and color match the blue or just go for a different color? Do you happen to know the dimensions of that piece?

I don't know but I can measure mine on my pinbot. I was lucky as pinbot is black and black is easy to match.

Quoted from Mistermoberg:The extra characters were there when I picked it up.

This can be the CPU board or it can be the display driver board. There are a few signals that are not pulsing and stuck high.

#13 1 year ago

grumpy - That would be a huge help.

How would I test that?

Thanks as always.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Silver City, NM
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside