DSC08571 (resized).JPG
DSC08568 (resized).JPG
DSC08564 (resized).JPG
6974E750-78D6-45C9-B99B-8BF444D58C74 (resized).jpeg
DSC08552 (resized).JPG
B4 ferrite3 (resized).JPG
Ferrite Core Plugs (resized).JPG
EMI Filter w MOV (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kent_diego.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 2 years ago

I have been trying to get rid of the constant idle hum from my Riverboat Gambler Tried everything and did find a fix. I tried the ferrite chokes and was waste of money. LEDs looked great but did not help humming. Moving wires did not help. Adding capacitance to light matrix cap did not help. All boards were screwed down. Unplugging roulette wheel did not help. Adding larger caps to sound card DC input filters did not help.

I found three things that did help:
1. Had Rottendog power supply. I placed large capacitor on +12V line to ground. This got rid of higher frequency noise form PS but made no difference in power line 60Hz buzzing.
2. Put nylon washer on lower left screw on sound card. Need to have screw loose and card pulled away from bracket. Makes huge difference. Went from loud buzz to something that could only be heard for 15'.
3. Added resistance to speakers. I put four 220 Ohm 1/4W resistors in parallel to give 55 Ohms. Added series resistance for backbox speakers and also added for bottom speaker. This made humming barely audible from 3'.

Before the humming was unbearable. Had to switch game off when not in use. Now can hear at 3' at idle but now I can leave game on. Hope this helps other Williams System 11 owners. Be sure to post your results.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kent_diego.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-hum-solved?tu=kent_diego and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.