20240105_223636 (resized).jpg
Jokerz Plastic (resized).jpg
Jokerzplastic.pdf (PDF preview)
Jokerz formaat.jpg
IMG_8946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1338 (resized).jpg
jokerz1 (resized).jpg
jokerz8 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timerider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from onujpt:

Sorry for the delay in responding - crazy few days at work. Anywho, I think I corrected the issue some. I was able to find out I had the play field at 11 degrees, which, the manual recommends 6. I got it lowered and ensured it was level horizontally and I think that helped enough. Enough for me to not go crazy anyway.
New problem though if anyone has an idea... the ball is getting stuck in the “Spotted a 10/jack/whatever” area. It won’t kick back out.
Looking under the game, the switch appears to be stuck “in” or “closed.” Photo attached. Anyway to unfreeze this sucker?
Edit: it appears to be broken? :/
[quoted image][quoted image]

You need a new plunger. Page 51 of the manual.

https://www.pinballlife.com/slingshotballshooter-plunger-and-link-2-plunger.html

(In theory, you could just replace the link, but the amount of labor knocking the roll-pin out and getting it back in place isn't worth it IMO, unless you're rebuilding a bunch of plungers.)

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I would get the rebuild kit for both flippers which includes all the parts, including the plungers and links (from pinballlife.) If one failed, the other is likely to follow suit. For $27, it's kind of a no-brainer, and it's a great entry-level project for you.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-rebuild-kit-021988-to-081991.html

..except I believe he's got a busted left kick-back, and not a flipper issue. (per the pictures he posted)

5 months later
#293 2 years ago
Quoted from WestOz:

Has anyone installed one of the new Outside Edge Hardtops on a Jokerz yet? Would be interested in seeing the results.

Slowly putting one back together.
The hardtop install went smoothly.

IMG_20210708_072950 (resized).jpgIMG_20210708_072950 (resized).jpg
#296 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Looks nice! Were the holes pretty much aligned with the actual playfield?

Nothing drastically off.
But yes, I've been using the Dremel a bunch to widen/elongate a bunch of holes to line up better with the existing holes.
Nothing that went beyond any artwork/key-lines.
It was pretty much as expected.

There were only one or two inserts that showed a tiny bit of wood, but i decided to paint/outline all of them in black just in case. Did my precise alignment at the bottom of the PF, figuring that's were you're looking & closest to.

Another unrelated thing I did, was the CPR plastics set is missing artwork on the back-right corner plastic. (Granted, it's buried under the ramp & upper PF... but I'd know.) So I scanned, cleaned up and water slide printed it fresh. (it was a pain, because I had to double-up on the decals because the black laser print just wasn't heavy enough.)

IMG_20210626_123816_resized_20210708_074745751 (resized).jpgIMG_20210626_123816_resized_20210708_074745751 (resized).jpg
#297 2 years ago
Quoted from WestOz:

Thanks for the feedback. Hardtop looks great and the rest of the hardware is looking nice and bright too.

Thanks... The only thing I'm not refurbishing yet, is the wood cabinet. (it's a "6" if that)
But all the posts & screw heads get tossed in the drill, and polished with Novus 2.

All underside assy's get pulled, disassembled, Ultrasonic cleaned.

Here's what part of the old PF looked like as I was tearing down. Lots of shattered posts, and dull metal.

IMG_7347 (resized).JPGIMG_7347 (resized).JPGIMG_7365 (resized).JPGIMG_7365 (resized).JPG
#304 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Most of this was answered by ThatOneDude already. You can also get T-nuts at hardware stores or sources like zoro.com. If doing a rebuild i assume you have the PF out and on a bench or rotisserie. If so, clampo the post with vise grips (you can destroy the plastic bumper as it likely needs replacing) and drill it out from the bottom. Try to avoid increasing the PF hole size or the new post will wobble. You can get new metal posts and plastic bumpers from most suppliers. With the T-nut spinning, you may need to rebuild the wood with resin or a composite where it inserts prior to installing a new T-nut. What i have done in the past is where possible, use a longer post and put a nut and washer on the bottom side if the PF is too damaged.

On my Jokerz, I snapped probably 70% of the T-Nut'd posts. (blame the Loctite doing it's job.)
They were all 6-32 T-Nuts and post screws.

At first, I bought a 25-pack of 6-32 T-Nuts from Menards Hardware, and I could not get them to fit in the existing holes. So I ordered a dozen from PBL, but those would not fit either.

I ended up using same size drill bit and gently reeming out each existing T-Net hole from the bottom of the playfield. I was then able to tap in the T-Nuts into the bottom.

And yeah, for the ones that spun, I ended up Dremel cutting off the tops (the jewel posts were pretty trashed anyway), and pushing the cut-off posts w/t-nut out from the top.

1 week later
#318 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Can someone confirm for me the length of the standoff post that the 'DOUBLE YOUR SCORE' plastic is attached too? The machine I am working on doesn't have this plastic piece so I am going to order it but need to know the size of the screws and the plastic post.

On mine, the left two, that were screwed in, are 11/32". And the free-hanging right ones are 9/16".
And I'd say the screws are a #6-32x3/4" and a #8-32x3/4".

IMG_20210727_174546 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_174546 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#327 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

do you have the upper center ramp with the new decal applied jody?

Pinball Inc has them (and I believe they supply them to PPS).
https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=34_74

Added over 3 years ago:

NM

2 years later
#522 4 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Thanks man! very useful information! can't wait to try follow this path on mine.
quick question, I notice your saucer only has three screws in it? Is this how it's suppose to be? mine also only has three, but I figured one fell out along the way...

Only 3 screws here too.
(maybe to give the kickout arm that tiny bit more clearance?)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timerider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-club-quite-now-we-are-playing?tu=Timerider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.