20240105_223636 (resized).jpg
Jokerz Plastic (resized).jpg
Jokerzplastic.pdf (PDF preview)
Jokerz formaat.jpg
IMG_8946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1338 (resized).jpg
jokerz1 (resized).jpg
jokerz8 (resized).jpg
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Yes I know, but wasteful. I only need 2 pieces: the rest are in good shape.

I plan on buying new set ....want a photo of my used ones?

I started the process of replacing ramps plastics,switches and pop bumpers

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I would get the rebuild kit for both flippers which includes all the parts, including the plungers and links (from pinballlife.) If one failed, the other is likely to follow suit. For $27, it's kind of a no-brainer, and it's a great entry-level project for you.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-rebuild-kit-021988-to-081991.html

..except I believe he's got a busted left kick-back, and not a flipper issue. (per the pictures he posted)

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

..except I believe he's got a busted left kick-back, and not a flipper issue. (per the pictures he posted)

Yup, correct. Didn't look at those pics close enough.

2 weeks later
#254 3 years ago

Hello everyone I just picked up a really really nice jokerz machine the owner claims he bought it from the guy that bought it new and it's always been home use blah blah blah whatever it has a coin door lock bar on it so I didn't believe him however it is in very very nice condition my question for you all is the jackpot is always on four million from what I've read it is supposed to build during gameplay any idea why the jackpot is always at 4 million?

#255 3 years ago

He set the jackpot at 4 million, it should start at 1.5 million and work its way up.

Anyone ever seen this one before? It shows a music failure. Does the soundboard need to be recapped?

IMG_20210204_144451643.jpgIMG_20210204_144451643.jpg
#256 3 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Anyone ever seen this one before? It shows a music failure. Does the soundboard need to be recapped?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-music-failure-00-567-l6

#257 3 years ago

I found out there will be a hard top available for Jokerz I will be installing one soon as they are available

#259 3 years ago

My speech is gone on my Jokerz. Any ideas?

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

He set the jackpot at 4 million, it should start at 1.5 million and work its way up.
[quoted image]

Yes I get it now since I (finally) won the Jackpot. It then reset back to .5 million. Not crazy about this feature and I'm not sure if it's adjustable because once you build it to four million whoever is lucky enough to get the jackpot gets a 4000000 point reward since it carries over I think it should reset every game to half million and build its way up during the game.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from Heaterguy:

Yes I get it now since I (finally) won the Jackpot. It then reset back to .5 million. Not crazy about this feature and I'm not sure if it's adjustable because once you build it to four million whoever is lucky enough to get the jackpot gets a 4000000 point reward since it carries over I think it should reset every game to half million and build its way up during the game.

That's the way some of these S11 games are. Jokerz, Cyclone, Bride of Pinbot...just to name a few. It was one of those things to draw in a player to get them to play the game and try to win the jackpot...and it worked.

#262 3 years ago

Anybody feel like recapping their soundboard? I ordered a kit last year that got lost in the mail and the seller sent me a replacement only to have the 'lost' package arrive a month later.

Price is right: FREE, providing you have a Jokerz! and will actually use these. First person to post here then PM their address

#263 3 years ago

I had that happen once. I would jump on it, except that I'm not planning on recapping mine any time soon, so I'll let it go to someone with a more immediate need.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Anybody feel like recapping their soundboard? I ordered a kit last year that got lost in the mail and the seller sent me a replacement only to have the 'lost' package arrive a month later.
Price is right: FREE, providing you have a Jokerz! and will actually use these. First person to post here then PM their address

Awesome gesture!

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Since I'm having trouble with my sound, hoping I am in time.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Since I'm having trouble with my sound, hoping I am in time.

Yep - you were first to respond. PM me your address and I will try to get it in the mail tomorrow

#267 3 years ago

Hey all! You friendly folks were able to help me fix a few other things on this game so I'm posting in again in hopes of another successful attempt.

Experiencing a new issue with this game where the audio is out of sync for the game. For example, the locked ball sound plays when I haven't locked a ball. The sound it makes when you lose the ball plays. Wrong music plays during the game (multi ball or high score music instead of the regular theme), or music stops completely and I just get the sound effects. Also occasionally a sound will play but it's several keys higher than what it should be.

Any thoughts on what would cause this especially with it being very sudden and now almost constant?

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from onujpt:

Hey all! You friendly folks were able to help me fix a few other things on this game so I'm posting in again in hopes of another successful attempt.
Experiencing a new issue with this game where the audio is out of sync for the game. For example, the locked ball sound plays when I haven't locked a ball. The sound it makes when you lose the ball plays. Wrong music plays during the game (multi ball or high score music instead of the regular theme), or music stops completely and I just get the sound effects. Also occasionally a sound will play but it's several keys higher than what it should be.
Any thoughts on what would cause this especially with it being very sudden and now almost constant?

I would reseat ribbon cable from sound bd to cpu. Also check battery area for alkaline damage.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I would reseat ribbon cable from sound bd to cpu. Also check battery area for alkaline damage.

I reset it on both sides of the ribbon cable. Definitely happening less in terms of wrong music. But still occasionally getting a sound here or there replayed at a higher octave, or out of key - if that makes sense.

Better than what it was, though!!!

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from onujpt:

I reset it on both sides of the ribbon cable. Definitely happening less in terms of wrong music. But still occasionally getting a sound here or there replayed at a higher octave, or out of key - if that makes sense.

I would order new ribbon cable.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from onujpt:

You probably need a cap kit. As sound boards age, the capacitors get old and dry out. If the ribbon cable doesn't take care of it, the next step is to do the caps.

#272 3 years ago

Hi guys. Used to play this one all the time with a friend many years ago.
I was never able to figure out why its Jokerz with a “Z”. I may have missed something obvious. Anybody know ?

2 weeks later
#273 3 years ago

Hey all,

Wondering what would cause the knocker in the cabinet to continue to sound off no matter what the game does? I had a really solid game tonight. 3 mill on ball one without the jackpot. After the first ball most of the LEDs stayed lit and now the knocker goes off every time a ball is lost. Or every time a ball gets shot back out, etc.

Code for something? Even turning the game off and on seems to not help.

Edit: solid for me anyway lol

#274 3 years ago

Check the driver for the coil

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Check the driver for the coil

A little new to the pinball world :/. Able to elaborate on what this is? thank you!

#276 3 years ago

Does anyone have a set of spare sling plastics? Used and worn is fine. Thanks.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Does anyone have a set of spare sling plastics? Used and worn is fine. Thanks.

ministry of pinball has them.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from onujpt:

Hey all,
Wondering what would cause the knocker in the cabinet to continue to sound off no matter what the game does? I had a really solid game tonight. 3 mill on ball one without the jackpot. After the first ball most of the LEDs stayed lit and now the knocker goes off every time a ball is lost. Or every time a ball gets shot back out, etc.
Code for something? Even turning the game off and on seems to not help.
Edit: solid for me anyway lol

unhook it if you can't fix it.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

unhook it if you can't fix it.

True. Definitely an option. Bought the game completely refurbished so I’m hoping to explore a cause and fix vs. just disconnecting stuff right away. Tried to unhook and re-plug it back in with no luck. There’s some sort of power cord running to it, of sorts.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from onujpt:

A little new to the pinball world :/. Able to elaborate on what this is? thank you!

The driver is a MOSFET on the main board. It acts like a switch to turn the solenoid on and off. In general, you work your way back from the coil. Grab a schematic from ipdb and it will show you which MOSFET drives that solenoid. There are guides on testing it. Google for " pinwiki system 11" for a start. Could also be an intermittent short in the wiring, so check that, too.

#281 3 years ago

If you are handy doing electronics and changing components I would suggest send it to a repair shop that does this type of work. I use eldorado games LTD in MO.

I sent my Jokerz MPU and power supply in for service. Here are the photos

20210301_183804 (resized).jpg20210301_183804 (resized).jpg20210301_183815 (resized).jpg20210301_183815 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210319-131631_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210319-131631_Gallery (resized).jpg
#282 3 years ago

Just as an FYI, if you replacing the battery anyway, I recommend going with Frank's battery board. I have one in my BK2K and Jokerz and they are really nice. Just uses a coin battery, and I've even installed them without removing the board from the machine.
Here's an example: ebay.com link: Franks Battery Board Williams Systems 7 11 pinballs Pro Black Edition CR2032

#283 3 years ago

But, I would also say, don't send the board in for repair until you have at least verified that it is the board. Run though some diagnostics first. What is the behavior when you run the solenoid tests in the test mode? Does it keep activating randomly? Does it activate at the same time as another solenoid?

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from onujpt:

If you noticed a difference after you reseated the ribbon cable, pull the sound board and reflow the solder joints on the pins.

#285 3 years ago

These were two separate instances(the music ribbon and this. Probably several weeks apart.) It does fire the same time as most other solenoids do. When firing the balls from multi ball, when kicking a ball into the starting position, when you “spotted a 10”, etc. the knocker fires at the same time.

Update! (I’m learning) it seems to be firing with all “A Side” solenoids.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Just as an FYI, if you replacing the battery anyway, I recommend going with Frank's battery board. I have one in my BK2K and Jokerz and they are really nice. Just uses a coin battery, and I've even installed them without removing the board from the machine.
Here's an example: ebay.com link: Franks Battery Board Williams Systems 7 11 pinballs Pro Black Edition CR2032

Seconded on Frank's boards! I have them in my Judge Dredd, Jokerz, Taxi and Big Guns. It's a very well made product and I don't have to worry about leaky batteries any more. I don't have Black Editions in mine, but they work great.

3 weeks later
#287 3 years ago

Update/addition to the Jokerz ramps I make. They are now available as complete assemblies...no riveting necessary! No need to send me your old ramps to swap parts over from either. I have both the center and outside ramp assemblies available here: https://rampomatic.com/products/williams-jokerz-center-ramp-03-8195?_pos=5&_sid=0df08ebcd&_ss=r

20210314_162431_1080x (resized).jpg20210314_162431_1080x (resized).jpg20210412_192118 (resized).jpg20210412_192118 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#288 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Update/addition to the Jokerz ramps I make. They are now available as complete assemblies...no riveting necessary! No need to send me your old ramps to swap parts over from either. I have both the center and outside ramp assemblies available here: https://rampomatic.com/products/williams-jokerz-center-ramp-03-8195?_pos=5&_sid=0df08ebcd&_ss=r
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got one in today, looks great can’t wait to get it installed! Thanks!

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image][quoted image]

1 month later
#290 2 years ago

Trying to level out ramp on jokerz pinball. Is there only 1 screw underneath that you use to adjust it? Its kinda off center and makes it impossible to level it. Am i missing something here?

61ACDD5B-BCE3-4B2C-AAA7-99027F326C7C (resized).jpeg61ACDD5B-BCE3-4B2C-AAA7-99027F326C7C (resized).jpegA3C24310-109E-41EE-A4AC-E8AB83F61771 (resized).jpegA3C24310-109E-41EE-A4AC-E8AB83F61771 (resized).jpeg
#291 2 years ago

You're correct, just the one screw. The ramp in my game has quite a bit of play too. It's just a budget-conscious design.

2 weeks later
#292 2 years ago

Has anyone installed one of the new Outside Edge Hardtops on a Jokerz yet? Would be interested in seeing the results.

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from WestOz:

Has anyone installed one of the new Outside Edge Hardtops on a Jokerz yet? Would be interested in seeing the results.

Slowly putting one back together.
The hardtop install went smoothly.

IMG_20210708_072950 (resized).jpgIMG_20210708_072950 (resized).jpg
#294 2 years ago

Looks nice! Were the holes pretty much aligned with the actual playfield?

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Slowly putting one back together.
The hardtop install went smoothly.[quoted image]

Thanks for the feedback. Hardtop looks great and the rest of the hardware is looking nice and bright too.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Looks nice! Were the holes pretty much aligned with the actual playfield?

Nothing drastically off.
But yes, I've been using the Dremel a bunch to widen/elongate a bunch of holes to line up better with the existing holes.
Nothing that went beyond any artwork/key-lines.
It was pretty much as expected.

There were only one or two inserts that showed a tiny bit of wood, but i decided to paint/outline all of them in black just in case. Did my precise alignment at the bottom of the PF, figuring that's were you're looking & closest to.

Another unrelated thing I did, was the CPR plastics set is missing artwork on the back-right corner plastic. (Granted, it's buried under the ramp & upper PF... but I'd know.) So I scanned, cleaned up and water slide printed it fresh. (it was a pain, because I had to double-up on the decals because the black laser print just wasn't heavy enough.)

IMG_20210626_123816_resized_20210708_074745751 (resized).jpgIMG_20210626_123816_resized_20210708_074745751 (resized).jpg
#297 2 years ago
Quoted from WestOz:

Thanks for the feedback. Hardtop looks great and the rest of the hardware is looking nice and bright too.

Thanks... The only thing I'm not refurbishing yet, is the wood cabinet. (it's a "6" if that)
But all the posts & screw heads get tossed in the drill, and polished with Novus 2.

All underside assy's get pulled, disassembled, Ultrasonic cleaned.

Here's what part of the old PF looked like as I was tearing down. Lots of shattered posts, and dull metal.

IMG_7347 (resized).JPGIMG_7347 (resized).JPGIMG_7365 (resized).JPGIMG_7365 (resized).JPG
#298 2 years ago

Hey all, I'm refurbishing my mega old beatup Jokerz. Right now I'm almost done removing everything off the playfield, but I have a couple of those red plastic posts where the screws are stripped. 3 Questions:

1. When I try to unscrew these posts with plyers, the little metal disc thingy (not sure what to call it, but it's the metal piece that clamps into the playfield underneath and allows the post screw to lock into it) just spins along also. I've tried holding onto it with another set of plyers while twisting the screw, but the disc thingy just gets all torn up. WD40 fixed a couple of them, but I still have 6 or so left that won't budge. Anyone else have to deal with these before and if so, any tips?

2. Speaking of the metal disc thingy, where the heck do I buy new ones? Didn't see anything on Marco, and my other collection of stand by sites didn't have any either.

3. Is there an official name for the metal disc thingies?

#299 2 years ago

Those are called t-nuts. Like this: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4406-01118-00

You have to know the thread size. Probably 6-32 or 8-32, but I don't remember. You can bring it to a hardware store to find out. Buy a handful.

When I redid my jokerz, I discovered that several of those posts were staked in permanently, for some damn reason. I lucked out with spares, but you can measure them and pick up some at Marcos at the same time.

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from nealk77:

Hey all, I'm refurbishing my mega old beatup Jokerz. Right now I'm almost done removing everything off the playfield, but I have a couple of those red plastic posts where the screws are stripped. 3 Questions:
1. When I try to unscrew these posts with plyers, the little metal disc thingy (not sure what to call it, but it's the metal piece that clamps into the playfield underneath and allows the post screw to lock into it) just spins along also. I've tried holding onto it with another set of plyers while twisting the screw, but the disc thingy just gets all torn up. WD40 fixed a couple of them, but I still have 6 or so left that won't budge. Anyone else have to deal with these before and if so, any tips?
2. Speaking of the metal disc thingy, where the heck do I buy new ones? Didn't see anything on Marco, and my other collection of stand by sites didn't have any either.
3. Is there an official name for the metal disc thingies?

think they used locktite from the factory. i broke more of these in jokerz than any other game ive ever shopped ( about 60 }

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-club-quite-now-we-are-playing/page/6?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.