20240105_223636 (resized).jpg
Jokerz Plastic (resized).jpg
Jokerzplastic.pdf (PDF preview)
Jokerz formaat.jpg
IMG_8946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1338 (resized).jpg
jokerz1 (resized).jpg
jokerz8 (resized).jpg

There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

So some of you were aware of a drastic electrical buzz (note, note the usual humm).
I fixed it, had to replace the P/S Pcb.. still really don't know what it was, except a cap kit didn't fix it. I wanna go back a test the bridge, go from there..
So, only thing left to do now is the GI bubls on the right side don't lights.. I think it has something to do with some fudged connector repair..
I already have parts ordered for this...

You probably had the same issue as I had. When you switched the power board the bridge rectifiers changed with it.

#52 7 years ago

yup, and funny thing is i had a spare bridge that i never installed..

thanks for the pics! Any chance of less blurry ones?

1 month later
#53 7 years ago

hi everyone i need help and advice i have weak fippers on my jokerz i ve changed the coil both swiches button but also check the conectors on the driver board and even try a new driver board but the issue remains.
i noticed that my eos were in bad condition do you think it could be the reason why? because i heard that on wpc it's not a cause of weak flippers. but it might be the case for system 11.
any suggestions thanks

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from stef34:

hi everyone i need help and advice i have weak fippers on my jokerz i ve changed the coil both swiches button but also check the conectors on the driver board and even try a new driver board but the issue remains.
i noticed that my eos were in bad condition do you think it could be the reason why? because i heard that on wpc it's not a cause of weak flippers. but it might be the case for system 11.
any suggestions thanks

Definitely change the EOS switches.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Definitely change the EOS switches.

thanks that is what i m gonna do.

2 months later
#56 7 years ago

Anyone know off hand a good color of blue to do touchups or repainting for Jokerz? I picked up a project one recently and the sides aren't terrible, but could certainly use some fresh blue.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from BeatBachs:

Anyone know off hand a good color of blue to do touchups or repainting for Jokerz? I picked up a project one recently and the sides aren't terrible, but could certainly use some fresh blue.

https://www.michaels.com/golden-fluid-acrylics-1oz/M10043281.html looks to be a close match, Cerulean Blue Chromium may need to add some black to darken or white to ligthen it up a bit depending on the tone/fade of yours.

I haven't tried it but was looking this over for my own and felt it was close. You have to be careful because its a 'warm' blue vs a 'cold blue' if you choose the wrong one it will look horrible even if its a tonal match.

Remember too that most paint dries down a bit darker. so paint some on a piece of cardboard to see how it dries down, and if you have a mix a batch mix up extra and save it in a jar for repairs later down the road.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from BeatBachs:

Thanks Vac! I'll give it a shot!

or you can paint all the cabinet with the same blue even if it s not the same the closer the better.
that s what i did.
good luck with your project

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from stef34:

or you can paint all the cabinet with the same blue even if it s not the same the closer the better.
that s what i did.
good luck with your project

I have no idea what they were thinking with this color scheme. It sure does stand out, but in a weird papa smurf meets bad santa. Its has great art, but wonder if it would have done better with some change to the color scheme.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from BeatBachs:

Thanks Vac! I'll give it a shot!

Golden Acrylic's are expensive and usually in the painting isle of Michaels or Hobby Lobby. You'll also find acrylic paint in the hobby area, its usually much cheaper.

I'd start with the golden grab it, and take it to the cheap hobby isle and compare colors. Again the key is color temperature. Some people won't get that but it really shows in blues in this value range. There's a Jokers for sale in the adds with some patch touchup's (in Florida) and that's clearly what happens. It was touched up with a close value but a cool temperature blue and it shows. Most warms are titled or have Cerulian in the name but not always. If your not sure cooler blues usually look darker. Warms are like the sky, cools may seem a bit 'bluer' to most people. plain label BLUE will almost alway be a mix of both.

Anyway here's what you get when you buy golden, best pigments and base, so its longer lasting, less prone to fade, and a base that will level flatter and is more flexible in how thick or thin it is while remaining flat. Its meant for fine art painting on canvas and board.

The cheaper stuff can work, and the price is usually a buck or two a bottle vs 10 bucks or so for Golden Brand. Its suited for crafting and can still work. I noticed when I visited TNT pinball (on YouTube) they used the craft paints and it seemed to work for them, so no need to shy away from them.

Also recommend if you buy a white / black / and blue to mix values, get the same brand. The bases and pigments are more certain to blend, especially important when looking at the cheap paints.

it shouldn't take more than a few drops of black or white to shift it, so drop, mix, test.

Probably more color theory than you wanted but hoping it helps avoid a poor result. Ultimately a little time to test and mix to get the right match will save you the trouble of trying to repaint all of the color to match.

Good luck!

1 month later
#62 7 years ago

Just joined the club after Christmas and picked up a project Jokerz with some mpu issues. Believe I've sorted everything now (switch column out, needed to jumper a trace, and u42 failed/needed to socket and replace) - this is actually a pretty solid fun little machine...

Quick question, what lights the spinner for 3k a spin? I haven't been able to figure that out yet, and the rules I've found don't cover it beyond stating that it can be lit...

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Quick question, what lights the spinner for 3k a spin? I haven't been able to figure that out yet, and the rules I've found don't cover it beyond stating that it can be lit...

Duh, seems like the spinner is just lit by the left inlane, along with Draw Poker itself. Be nice if it was something else imo like a couple drop banks or similar, but oh well...

#64 7 years ago

Jokerz! will make you a better player - you cant just slap the ball around, it needs to be controlled.
I used a syringe to apply just a drop of 3in1 oil on each side and it made a huge difference.

#65 7 years ago

Another question, regarding the cap and resistor for the audio fix covered earlier: what voltage and watt rating are needed? The doc doesn't specify.

I snagged a 10 uF cap with a 50v rating, and some 1/8 W 1K ohm resistors while I was grabbing some other odds and ends. Not 100% sure if they're suitable, especially the resistor, or if I need to step up to a different rating.

By my thinking and a little research, I think this would involve a 5v circuit. P = V^2 / R. So .025w = 5^2 / 1000. Well under 1/4 watt?

2 months later
#66 7 years ago

I picked up a Jokerz project. I had the CPU and sound boards repaired. The game now boots up and plays, sort of. It starts out with sound and speech working but two of the pops, both slings, and some switched don't work. After playing for a few minutes, the pops, slings, and switches work but not the speech. After more play, the pops, slings, and switches don't work and the GI goes out. What can cause the variations in failures and any thoughts on how to fix it?

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I picked up a Jokerz project. I had the CPU and sound boards repaired. The game now boots up and plays, sort of. It starts out with sound and speech working but two of the pops, both slings, and some switched don't work. After playing for a few minutes, the pops, slings, atsand switches work but not the speech. After more play, the pops, slings, and switches don't work and the GI goes out. What can cause the variations in failures and any thoughts on how to fix it?

congrats for your pick up you may check your connectors first cause it seems to work by intermittence.
or a bad welding.
good luck

#68 7 years ago

Sign me up! Jokerz was the machine I played the most in the arcades back in the day. Not the one that 'hooked' me on pinball but for sure the one I played the most. Had a friend that also loved pinball and we spent many an hour playing two player games on this machine. I have a good player on this one. Bonus area is worn and ramps and upper playfield are bad but serviceable. Love this game(and most system 11's)

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from PinHead2112:

Sign me up! Jokerz was the machine I played the most in the arcades back in the day. Not the one that 'hooked' me on pinball but for sure the one I played the most. Had a friend that also loved pinball and we spent many an hour playing two player games on this machine. I have a good player on this one. Bonus area is worn and ramps and upper playfield are bad but serviceable. Love this game(and most system 11's)

well welcome in the club!

#70 6 years ago

Hello everyone. I have a Jokerz and it is a fun game to play. My friends and I love it. I'm hoping someone might be able to send me a photo of the "Carousel Wheel Adjustment Label." I don't think my carousel wheel is adjusted right. When you hit the draw poker and it gives you a "Full House", for example, the spinning wheel doesn't match up with the right cards. I'm assuming that it should. Any photo or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, JC.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Jc-trout:

Hello everyone. I have a Jokerz and it is a fun game to play. My friends and I love it. I'm hoping someone might be able to send me a photo of the "Carousel Wheel Adjustment Label." I don't think my carousel wheel is adjusted right. When you hit the draw poker and it gives you a "Full House", for example, the spinning wheel doesn't match up with the right cards. I'm assuming that it should. Any photo or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, JC.

there is a pic with a full house hope it will help.

20170404_221049 (resized).jpg20170404_221049 (resized).jpg

#72 6 years ago

Thank you very much stef34, much appreciated. I'll see what happens tonight. Thanks again, JC.

1 month later
#73 6 years ago

I have a Jokerz that I saved from the junk pile at my friends shop. There were so many parts missing. Most of them hard to find now days. I have this games up and running now but Im missing one last piece of the puzzle. Im looking to the lamp boards that goes underneath the center platform. Does anyone have any extra parts they like to sell me? Thanks

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a Jokerz that I saved from the junk pile at my friends shop. There were so many parts missing. Most of them hard to find now days. I have this games up and running now but Im missing one last piece of the puzzle. Im looking to the lamp boards that goes underneath the center platform. Does anyone have any extra parts they like to sell me? Thanks

Hard to find. Try this guy. He has a Jokerz listed as parted out.

http://www.pinball.ro/playfield.htm

He seems a genuine seller according to this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/romanian-parts-seller

1 month later
#75 6 years ago

I just got my Jokerz on Saturday. It's a little rough. I ordered lots of parts like a new mini playfield ramp (mine is very yellow). Lots of wiring hacks to fix. The Backbox lighting was out with a totally fried connector that they had actually cut a wire back further so it couldn't be reconnected. Ghastly LEDs that have to be removed. And one of the insert value lights on the playfield doesn't work at all.

I won a Waterworld pinball at the Atlanta show and traded it for this. Even with the problems, I'm still happy with the trade. Plus, I was friends with Python so I much prefer looking at his art! Thanks for the club!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I just got my Jokerz on Saturday. It's a little rough.

Congrats.. I just finished mine. It had lots of parts missing. I too had to buy the center platform. Mine was totally missing. I then had to create my own light board underneath it. Ive sunk so much money into this game, but I really like playing it. If you just change the rules a little it can become very challenging. I don't get why some people bag on this game.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Congrats.. I just finished mine. It had lots of parts missing. I too had to buy the center platform. Mine was totally missing. I then had to create my own light board underneath it. Ive sunk so much money into this game, but I really like playing it. If you just change the rules a little it can become very challenging. I don't get why some people bag on this game.

i think that many people are obsess by the top ten titles and ignore so many pins which worth it at the bottom

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from stef34:

i think that many people are obsess by the top ten titles and ignore so many pins which worth it at the bottom

I agree. I went from having 3 pins in the Top 20 list to all my games being in the hundreds. I find them comparable in the enjoyment, including Jokerz.

#79 6 years ago

I'm with @SteveO. Jokerz is a blast - we both have one and we only live 20 minutes from each other!

#80 6 years ago

I just restored a Police Force (also Python) and it took best restoration at this year's Southern Fried show. This one's playfield is a little rough. Has anyone done the overlay that's for sale? Just curious how well it's done.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I'm with SteveO. Jokerz is a blast - we both have one and we only live 20 minutes from each other!

I just need to get mine running as well as yours James!

#82 6 years ago

I honestly thought that it would be easy to find new/used parts for this game. Truth is, its really hard to find certain items. Hardest items for me to find were. 1) Sound board- its unique for this game, 2) System 11b board- not to many out there being offered up, but went with a Rotten Dog. 3) Ramps- I was missing the right side and the center platform. I was able to find a really nice person that sold me all the ramps, but the right side bottom is all cracked up. I made it work but still looking for some better ramps. The center platform is still available at Marco. 4) Light board under the center platform. Almost impossible to find. I gave up and made my own. 5) Translite- I was able to find 2 used translites. Both in horrible shape. One was extremely faded and the other was all scratched up. I ended up scanning them both into my computer and creating a really nice one in photoshop. Then had a sign company print me out a few. They came out really nice.
I also have a Taxi that I used to see it some of the parts would fit. Lots of the roll over wires and switches were not. Some I had to modify. Surprisingly the easiest thing I found more that once was the Draw Poker wheel. This has been a fun project and Im so glad I saved this game. The game plays really good and is challenging for me. Hitting that jackpot takes forever! I had to change the ramp mode from medium to easy. Enjoy everyone. Post more pictures of your Jokerz! I love seeing everyones games.

IMG_9001 (resized).JPGIMG_9001 (resized).JPG

IMG_9545 (resized).JPGIMG_9545 (resized).JPG

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I honestly thought that it would be easy to find new/used parts for this game. Truth is, its really hard to find certain items. Hardest items for me to find were. 1) Sound board- its unique for this game, 2) System 11b board- not to many out there being offered up, but went with a Rotten Dog. 3) Ramps- I was missing the right side and the center platform. I was able to find a really nice person that sold me all the ramps, but the right side bottom is all cracked up. I made it work but still looking for some better ramps. The center platform is still available at Marco. 4) Light board under the center platform. Almost impossible to find. I gave up and made my own. 5) Translite- I was able to find 2 used translites. Both in horrible shape. One was extremely faded and the other was all scratched up. I ended up scanning them both into my computer and creating a really nice one in photoshop. Then had a sign company print me out a few. They came out really nice.
I also have a Taxi that I used to see it some of the parts would fit. Lots of the roll over wires and switches were not. Some I had to modify. Surprisingly the easiest thing I found more that once was the Draw Poker wheel. This has been a fun project and Im so glad I saved this game. The game plays really good and is challenging for me. Hitting that jackpot takes forever! I had to change the ramp mode from medium to easy. Enjoy everyone. Post more pictures of your Jokerz! I love seeing everyones games.

if your translite is a reprinted one it does the job.!
i have some spare parts maybe i can help pm me to know what you need

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

there it is.

20170716_155047 (resized).jpg20170716_155047 (resized).jpg

20170716_155102 (resized).jpg20170716_155102 (resized).jpg

20170716_155125 (resized).jpg20170716_155125 (resized).jpg

20170716_155218 (resized).jpg20170716_155218 (resized).jpg

20170716_155226 (resized).jpg20170716_155226 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#85 6 years ago

I picked up a Jokerz the other night. I have gone through the initial repairs and have everything working... The only missing piece is the ball gate that separates the draw poker skill from the BET Skill. This is great for scoring points but screws with the flow!!! So now on to what to do... Of course, I will replace the upper playfield since this one is badly yellow and cracked... the ramps are not bad. they do have some cracks but nothing catastrophic, I will replace them if I can find them. I was thinking of LED's, replace pop bumpers with clear and add color changing LED...
What about this playfield. It is in pretty good condition, the only bad area is around the ramp. What would you do with it?

I have to tell you I have been playing this game a lot and I really love it!!!!

20171208_080129 (resized).jpg20171208_080129 (resized).jpg

20171206_185446 (resized).jpg20171206_185446 (resized).jpg

20171206_233645 (resized).jpg20171206_233645 (resized).jpg

20171208_080143 (resized).jpg20171208_080143 (resized).jpg

20171208_080148 (resized).jpg20171208_080148 (resized).jpg

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from johnrezz:

I will replace them if I can find them

Looks like you found a nice one. Ramps and the light board under the center upper platform have got to be the hardest thing to find on this game. I went through 3 different sets of ramp to find some really good ones on eBay. I put all cool white LED's in the game and made a huge difference in the way it looks. Good luck

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Looks like you found a nice one. Ramps and the light board under the center upper platform have got to be the hardest thing to find on this game. I went through 3 different sets of ramp to find some really good ones on eBay. I put all cool white LED's in the game and made a huge difference in the way it looks. Good luck

I have ordered all new LED's / a new upper playfield / bumper rebuild parts and rubbers.... my ramps are not that bad but I am in the market for some new ones if I can ever find them..... I do have a lot of extra parts to include all the ramps, but they are not perfect either, not worth switching out....

#88 6 years ago

Can anyone identify this part? It is used to level the center ramp when it is down to make it flush with the playfield.

2d71d1befab80bc79cfe12bcf3f430c381b0f89a (resized).jpg2d71d1befab80bc79cfe12bcf3f430c381b0f89a (resized).jpg

6 months later
#89 5 years ago

I picked up a Jokerz over the weekend that came with the top of the playfield dis-assembled. I'm about 90% certain I have all the pieces to put it back together, but I could really use some reference photos to help me. Does anyone have any tear-down photos they would be willing to share with me? either posted here, or in a download file.

1 week later
#90 5 years ago

I spent some quality time with my rivet press today..B0520D24-813A-4509-BA1F-4DB182F787E2 (resized).jpegB0520D24-813A-4509-BA1F-4DB182F787E2 (resized).jpeg

And I think the results were pretty good.
3CAAE46D-825F-447A-8AC5-A6D7DE3E7F65 (resized).jpeg3CAAE46D-825F-447A-8AC5-A6D7DE3E7F65 (resized).jpeg

#91 5 years ago

My friend picked a jokerz up for my route this past weekend! Pretty excited to get into sys11 stuff. How bad/long is a shop job and led replacement?

#92 5 years ago

I was in college @ Illinois State University when this table came out. Living in a house with 9 roommates made studying at the house nearly impossible, so I used to go to the student union. I'd occasionally take a study break and visit the nice sized game room. I believe I was hooked after the first few plays.... Fast forward 19 years and I started to get back into pinball. Was in the hunt for a while and eventually found a nice Jokerz! from another Pinsider locally. I still love playing this game now as much as I did 20 years ago!

#93 5 years ago

Looking for the Locking Cam Bracket (top drawing), in the pic below. It is the bracket that connects the lockset in the head to the moving bar that locks and unlocks the translite. It is Wms. part #01-9281. All large parts suppliers have no stock. I need two of these: one for Jokerz! and one for my Bad Cats.

20180616_103351 (resized).jpg20180616_103351 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#94 5 years ago

I think I may be have a flaky lock switch, but I am not sure. What is happening is after I get the ramp up during game play, I can get ball 1 locked, and start playing a new ball, but after about 20 seconds, the music changes, and the locked ball kicks out into the playfield. I don't think this multi ball is planned, because if I drain one ball, the music cycles into the ball over music, and then the music starts up again when the remaining ball on the playfield hits a target (it does not go to award the bonus). Has anyone else dealt with a flaky lock switch, and had the same strange ball lock behavior?

#95 5 years ago

Picked up a Jokerz that needed some work a month or so ago. Just got done with new upper play field, rubbers, LEDs and some minor tweaking here and there. Super fun game. Way faster now with new rubber and a clean/waxed playfield. Turned out pretty good!

182A5C50-9DB2-4FC4-8534-37B42E8A061E (resized).jpeg182A5C50-9DB2-4FC4-8534-37B42E8A061E (resized).jpeg6AA219D3-7F5D-4F1B-8117-67DCBCC3AD2F (resized).jpeg6AA219D3-7F5D-4F1B-8117-67DCBCC3AD2F (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#96 5 years ago

Hey guys. I am parting a jokerz with a pretty good playfield.

I have the following for sale:
Playfield - includes wire harness and some parts, looks good
Plastics - slingshots, etc
Ramps - some good, some bad
Main Ramp- mechanism with motor and ramp plastic
Drop target assemblies- complete
Backbox wheel - assembly

PM me with what you need.

1 month later
#97 5 years ago

The lights don’t line up with the holes on my upper play field. Are they supposed to line up or is the light board backwards?

1B66FFDF-247A-47A4-8F6E-70DA8889A758 (resized).jpeg1B66FFDF-247A-47A4-8F6E-70DA8889A758 (resized).jpegEB17DF02-4269-4A00-92D8-D6502081C91A (resized).jpegEB17DF02-4269-4A00-92D8-D6502081C91A (resized).jpeg
#98 5 years ago

Bulbs are in the same place on my Jokerz! Lower row is centered in the ball guides and upper slightly above the clear opening.

#99 5 years ago

I guess thats how its supposed to be then, you would think they would center with the holes.

1 month later
#100 5 years ago

How many balls goes in Jokerz?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-club-quite-now-we-are-playing/page/2?hl=toofiddyman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.