(Topic ID: 193794)

Jokerz Center ramp Ball Deflection issue, question for owners...

By Oldschool77

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170719_114556 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Picked up a Jokerz this weekend that was missing the plastic that goes on top the center ramp to keep air balls from hitting the glass. So i went to Lowes and got some lexan and cut it to match (the best i could) the original piece based on pictures online and installed it. Now about 30% of the time, if i hit that center ramp with any force, it "snubbs" the ball and sends it back down the drawbridge onto the PF (and drains it lots of times). Am i missing something? Is the original piece domes or something to keep this from happening? My flippers are weak, and I'll be rebuilding them this weekend, so I'm afraid with proper flippers it's gonna happen more often.

Does it do this with the factory piece installed? Does anyone have a good picture of that piece to see if i formed it wrong or something?

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

Never had it reject like that. Is your ramp raising enough not to hit the lip? I'll take some pictures when I get home...

#3 6 years ago

Here's a pic. Does yours overhang the metal bracket it's mounted on? I can take some measurements if that helps.

20170719_114556 (resized).jpg20170719_114556 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

No it doesn't overhang, it's "flush" with the bottom "lip" of the ramp. However, the ball is entering (clearing the lip of the plastic piece) just fine off of the drawbridge, but it hits the "ceiling" of the protective plastic about a half inch onto the ramp, and then it rebounds back out.

I'll check the alignment of the ramp too when up when i get home. Now that you mention it, if the ramp was a tad low it could cause the ball to "leap" up when it hits the exposed edge of the ramp entrance.

Thanks guys!

#5 6 years ago

Maybe post a picture. You can see the factory piece hangs over the ramp by almost half an inch.
    Sounds like the ramp could use an adjustment, does it lay flat with the playfield when its down? If its off by a lot maybe somebody reversed the black arm on the motor

#6 6 years ago

Will do, I'm at work at the moment, I'll grab a pic and post it when i get home. And yeah, it's perfectly flat on the PF when in the lowered position.

1 week later
    #7 6 years ago

Just to follow up on my thread.....i made another piece out of lexan that now hangs over a half an inch like the factory one, and the issue is gone. Not sure why this made a difference since it was hitting the lexan "ceiling" after it entered the ramp, but it did so I'm just gonna roll with it. Thanks again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jokerz-center-ramp-ball-deflection-issue-question-for-owners?hl=oldschool77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.