3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by newmantjn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3676 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Older Ni-Wumph board, connectors were re-pinned, power supply was rebuilt, ground mods done etc. It is currently stuck in test mode. It would randomly go into test mode in the past, so I unsoldered one of the connectors to the test mode switch and it seemed to fix it. Then I installed a new white switch on the back of the door (used) and it seemed OK. Then I went on vacation. I tried it again the other day and it went into test mode randomly again! Today I had the same issue and I again unsoldered one of the wires (blue, not common) to the switch. It did it again with the wire unsoldered! I turned the game off and it came up in test mode. I unplugged the game and seemed to go out of test mode, but then went right back in. If I reattach the blue wire back on the terminal now (via alligator clip), it it unresponsive. If I touch the two wires on the white micro switch together, it is also unresponsive. I cannot advance further in the "data" menu with the coin switch either.

Any ideas?

#2 3 years ago

Update:
    When I remove the A1 - J6 conector and power off, it comes back up not in test mode. When I then reconnect the A1-J6, it goes straight to test mode/data again.

The A1-J6 connector says "switch matrix" in the manual.

#4 3 years ago

I think I have it fixed. Crappy fishpaper in the coin door.

IMG_3676 (resized).JPGIMG_3676 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-with-ni-wumph-stuck-in-test-mode?tu=newmantjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.