Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by iluvak9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iluvak9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

I've owned them both and I prefer SS Joker Poker. Both were designed by the same person, but I think the rules are much better in JP since JP forces shots to be made all over the play-field to do well and there is no way to avoid going for risky shots at times, since the payoff for making those risky shots (e.g., finishing a target set) is well balanced with the risk.

FD, on the other hand, has a rule set with an obvious big points/lower risk strategy that forces one to decide if they want to play for big score or play to interact with the more fun rule-set features. This is a problem I have with FD rules as the coolest task is working towards and collecting the horseshoe targets, but this is also a very risky strategy and it usually leads to lower scores. If you want big points on FD, you generally want to avoid the targets and shoot for the top lanes, top stationary targets and the two saucer holes.

Having said this, I also believe that both are great games, so your decision could also be based on relative price and game condition of the two choices (or, as previously mentioned just buy both).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iluvak9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-ss-versus-fast-draw?tu=iluvak9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.