Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by songofsixpence
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 29 days ago

Hello, I transported my SS Joker Poker, our the head back on and plugged all the connectors in. Now when you turn it on, only the backbox lights up and the scores all are zeros but nothing else happens, even if I press the start button. No sound or lights in Playfield. I’ve tried reconnecting connectors and still nothing. I’m not sure where to start? Any ideas. Thank you.

#2 29 days ago

Do the zeros come on immediatly? If so.you have a slam tilt stuck

#3 29 days ago

Yeah. The zeros just pop up and stay. How do you get out of a stuck slam tilt? Sorry, still kind of a newbie.

#4 29 days ago

Well, from what I can test, it’s not the slam tilt? Any other suggestions out there??

#5 29 days ago

So normal boot for sys 1 is a 5 second delay before the displays come on. If they show zeros immediately it is slammed tilted.

Look at this https://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-234491.html

#6 29 days ago

Okay, well, I guess I don’t know how to get it out of a stuck slam tilt. I made sure all the slam tilts are open but it does the same thing when I turn it on?

#7 29 days ago

You can bypass the slam tilt but it's a little technical. How are you with a soldering iron?

#8 29 days ago

Not too bad. Just not soldering on boards.

#9 29 days ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

You can bypass the slam tilt but it's a little technical. How are you with a soldering iron?

You don't necessarily have to solder anything if you're just doing the slam switch mod for diagnostic purposes.

#10 29 days ago

How do you do a slam tilt mod?

#11 29 days ago

Look for a wire disconnected on the roll tilt assembly. Closely check that the switches on it are properly adjusted.

#13 29 days ago

Okay. I will try these things and check back. Thanks all.

#14 28 days ago

So, being a newby in this hobby, I really have no clue how to do a test lead. I read the post, but am pretty clueless. I also looked for any loose wires. Also, I read that the tilt switch on the door and cabinet should be closed and the Playfield should be open on a system 1. I’ve tried turning the machine on with all different combinations of this. It all leads to the same result. Backbox lights on and scores are all zeros and machine does nothing. I’m guessing it’s an easy fix but my very limited knowledge makes it a challenge.

#15 28 days ago

test leads like this: amazon.com link »

then clip one to each side of the capacitor in question

#16 28 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Okay, well, I guess I don’t know how to get it out of a stuck slam tilt. I made sure all the slam tilts are open but it does the same thing when I turn it on?

BTW - the slam tilts on a Sys 1 are normally closed. That could very well be your issue.

#17 28 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I read that the tilt switch on the door and cabinet should be closed and the Playfield should be open on a system 1.

oops - guess I should have read more before responding.

Let's start at the beginning. Battery damage is a big issue on this platform. This affects the connectors, including the tilt circuit. You don't have any runaway battery corrosion, do you? Don't still have the "Data Sentry" battery on the board?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Greenwich, RI
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside