Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by luvthatapex2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 months ago

I finally picked up a Joker poker SS. Its in nice shape. It just needs to be cleaned up a little. I almost bought one a few years ago and now it finally happened. It'll be my only Gottlieb. What is everyone thoughts on this game. I'm more of a classic Stern/bally guy. I have:

Meteor
Seawitch
Stars
Nine ball
Skateball
Flash gordon

How will JP fit in with these? Do you guys feel it will stick around? I'm running about 1 or 2 too many. I will have to move something sooner or later.

Thanks

Mike

#2 9 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I finally picked up a Joker poker SS. Its in nice shape. It just needs to be cleaned up a little. I almost bought one a few years ago and now it finally happened. It'll be my only Gottlieb. What is everyone thoughts on this game. I'm more of a classic Stern/bally guy. I have:
Meteor
Seawitch
Stars
Nine ball
Skateball
Flash gordon
How will JP fit in with these? Do you guys feel it will stick around? I'm running about 1 or 2 too many. I will have to move something sooner or later.
Thanks
Mike

I dig Joker Poker, good looker and player. I dig classic Ballys as well, but you can't go wrong with some SS Gottliebs. (Though I do believe Ballys and Sterns are a bit better in regards to the early solid state era.) You have a killer line up and I think Joker Poker will definitely add to the nice variety.

With that said, I think Gottlieb machines from the 70s are the tops for me as far as what they have released in their existence.

#3 9 months ago

Fantastic game and one of the best art packages of its era. An absolute classic.

#4 9 months ago

Great game. Just sold mine. Love the gottleibs.

#5 9 months ago

My most favorite game. It is pinball perfection.

#6 9 months ago

One of the, if not the, best System 1 games. Still has the chimes and not the blooper blooper sound the later S1 games have.

Great game play, great artwork. I have a Pascal Janin all in one board in mine and it makes it even better. Skill shot, second chance ball save, possible multiple extra balls, attract mode, etc. It takes an already good game to another level.

#7 9 months ago

Thumbs up for a SS JP, just installing a new CPR PF in mine now after I did the cabinet stencil, love the gameplay, it's a keeper.

#8 9 months ago

I love Joker Poker! One of my favorite games to play on league.

#9 9 months ago

I just ordered the pascal board. Can’t wait to get it up and going with a fresh shop job.

#10 9 months ago

Classic game. This and Countdown are the best System 1’s, in my opinion. A drop target lover’s dream game.

#11 9 months ago

^^^^^^What Flippertron said ^^^^^^

#12 9 months ago

It shines. The 5 ball rules make each ball of joker poker unique.

For a while (until he got a bit wiser), my buddy used to say "I hate the older pinball games... except joker poker"

#13 9 months ago

The Pascal board is awesome. My buddy has a Joker Poker with it. And it's awesome. Skill shot, ball save aka "chance"and high score initials. The additions to the game are fantastic.
One of the best!

#14 9 months ago
Quoted from erak:

The Pascal board is awesome. My buddy has a Joker Poker with it. And it's awesome. Skill shot, ball save aka "chance"and high score initials. The additions to the game are fantastic.
One of the best!

Agree, and it adds a lightshow too!

I use a powerball in it because I am a masochist.

#15 9 months ago

Pretty much what everyone else is saying. If you’re going to have a Gottlieb from that era, it’s definitely one of the best ones.

Great geometry, rules, classic art, and it has chimes!

#16 9 months ago

One of the best games there is. Well under rated and under talked about compared to the sterns (which are great too). Different with the targets and no spinners. Love that each ball is different and that you have to move around the playfield for each.

Make sure you do 5 balls only way to play it.

#17 9 months ago

Queens all day for mega scores on this machine btw.

#18 9 months ago

Re-pin the connectors and it will run perfect with the Pascal 4x1. It is a keeper and won't be leaving my house anytime soon.

#19 9 months ago

I had several gottlieb system 1 games (like joker poker). Simple fun games. Very different than the rest of your lineup and I bet it won't be the last!
Joker Poker is one of the best system 1's.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside