• Latest reply 2 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JokerPoker (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello, I am working on a Joker Poker and having an issue with HSTD and saving credits/settings. I first took off the battery and installed a remote 3.6vdc battery. That went fine with no issues. I can now get it to kind of save the HSTD but it looks garbled. Also the credits will not save when I turn it on or off. Here is a phone of the garbled HSTD. Is there an IC I should try swapping?

JokerPoker (resized).jpgJokerPoker (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

You have to reset the saved data now, the process is outlined in the manual. Im pretty sure you step through each menu, holding the reset button on the MPU down for a few seconds until you see it go to 0. Then set the desired number by hitting the start button. Something like that, it's been a while since Ive worked on a System 1 and can't see the manual thanks to Gottlieb's copyright.

#3 2 years ago

Instructions on how to clear audits and how to check for battery power at the RAM at the link below.

http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/index.htm#battery

#4 2 years ago

If the high scores and audits go back to being corrupt after resetting them, the 5101 RAM may be bad.

PCD5101P has been a good replacement part number.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-memory-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.