Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by StratDoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

Love this site. I have started my collection and my first game is a Joker Poker SS machine. It works very well. There are a few things that I need to touch up. I have a question about the score display. When I put the machine on the numbers usually are all 3's. When I start the game the score changes but it seems to stay on 3's sometimes changing to a different number but then going back to 3's. ex. 333333. All four displays will do it or sometimes just two.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this.

Thanks very much.

#2 14 years ago

Check out "this old pinball" the site gives excellent repair tips, and supplies pics and walkthroughs. I remember seeing a guide describing the problem you are having. If I can find it again i will post the exact link. good luck. chips z16 , z17 could be the problem. google "gottlieb display repair"

#3 14 years ago

Thanks erak for your help.

9 years later
#4 5 years ago

Reviving this rather than starting a new thread. The third display has decided to show a single "1" in the first digit at the start of a single or double player game. If I start a 3 player or 4 player game it correctly displays "0". Since "1" is not a possible score for the first digit I am guessing there is an issue with the display board itself?

#5 5 years ago

Intermittent problems are very hard to diagnose. I would say check your connectors on the right side of the CPU. Make sure they are clean and have good tension and the pads on the CPU are clean and shiny. You could have a bad display wrecking the party also. Unplug them one at a time -WITH the game OFF- and see if the problem is with any one of those. If it still gives you problems and it is an original CPU buy a Ni-Wumph and use that OE CPU for skeet. Yes, you can replace Ic's and fool all around with it till hell freezes, but this is a Joker Poker, a well sought after game. Aftermarket system 1 circuit boards improve reliability and I believe improve the resale value.

#6 5 years ago

I probably should have given a description of the boards. It is running an after market cpu board. I will check connections and interchange the displays to see if the problem follows the display or stays with the player.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-display?hl=mombo-number-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.