(Topic ID: 212775)

Joker Poker Club -- Feel Free to Chime In!

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240320_163011417~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240320-094152 (resized).png
1280px-Gtb-sys1sys80-coinbox-15 (resized).jpg
gtb-22227+ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240301-143556 (resized).png
PXL_20231205_223306989 (resized).jpg
IMG_1182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6800749_0 (resized).jpg
45199CDD-2D1C-4414-83CB-5F94CC58FBB5 (resized).jpeg
20221207_192014 (resized).jpg
20221207_190208 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
apron (resized).JPG
20220226_160241 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 5 years ago

It's hard to find fault with either version, in my view. If the solid state version was never created, the EM game would nonetheless still rank among the very best EM multiplayer titles, I suspect.

As much as I like the SS version, I prefer the sensibility of the EM version. The EM's backglass composition is more appealing to my eye, with its cluster design of score reels as opposed to the symmetrical design on the SS.
The larger-sized array of playing cards on the EM backglass adds dimension, which is arguably more interesting.

Likewise, the EM reels simply look better than the vacant black abyss of the SS counterpart when the game is turned off.

Last, the EM's backbox better displays the backglass with its artistic graphic on the lower horizontal. The absence of that graphic on the SS disjoints the head from the cabinet, diminishing the aesthetic value, in my opinion.

There are few titles in which I would want both the EM and SS versions. Joker Poker is one such title. Each version possesses distinct attributes.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Personally, the SS is a better player. I guess it depends on if you want to look at it or actually play it.

I am likely in the minority opinion, here. I prefer the EM gameplay. The resetting drop targets and enhanced bonus features of the SS version, etc. are subordinate to the clickety clack of the EM, for me. In fact, I prefer seeing my rare accomplishment (all targets dropped and remain that way) as I shoot for the upper rollovers and the lonely stand-up target. For some, less is more.

8 months later
#95 4 years ago
Quoted from JLaw:

I recently acquired a Joker Poker EM, and it's really quite nice. I was wondering if anyone would have an approximate value, as I have not been able to find any that have sold recently. Original BG is is 9/10. Original PF is 8.5/10. New rubbers. Everything else is original, including flipper bats, pop bumpers, caps, chimes, you name it. Comes with original paperwork including installation manual and schematics...even the original 1/2 ounce tube of white lithium grease!

Several years ago, in about 2010, project EM Joker Pokers, with average cosmetics and overall good bones, were fetching in the $3,200 - $3,500+ range. A restored example fetched $5K in about 2014, as I recall (Odin's game perhaps?).

Transitional multiplayer Gottlieb EMs and scarce EMs generally have been particularly hot lately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-club-feel-free-to-chime-in?tu=znet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.