(Topic ID: 212775)

Joker Poker Club -- Feel Free to Chime In!

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240320_163011417~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240320-094152 (resized).png
1280px-Gtb-sys1sys80-coinbox-15 (resized).jpg
gtb-22227+ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240301-143556 (resized).png
PXL_20231205_223306989 (resized).jpg
IMG_1182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6800749_0 (resized).jpg
45199CDD-2D1C-4414-83CB-5F94CC58FBB5 (resized).jpeg
20221207_192014 (resized).jpg
20221207_190208 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
apron (resized).JPG
20220226_160241 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

One of the best machines ever made in my opinion. A perfect ruleset.

Rules are not perfect (though they are very good!). A and C in the outlanes serve no purpose. Completing ABC lights Extra Ball and/or Special (depending on 3 or 5 ball game) but that doesn't carry over to the next ball. So if the ball drains down an outlane and you complete ABC, you never get a chance to actually shoot for the lit Extra Ball/Special

I have often wondered how the rules could be rewritten to better incorporate the A and C outlanes....any suggestions?

#24 6 years ago

FYI this is the actual NOS playfield that I had scanned (and then redrawn by David Eisner) for the CPR repro.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1306&picno=47848

The detail in the playing cards is ridiculous

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I have the EM version, but I do like how the DTs reset on the SS version once a set has been completed.
Anyways, one way draining and tripping the C (on the EM version anyways) could make a difference is if the A & B
were already tripped, not only the C scores 5,000 points, but what ever complete card set/s had been completed
during that ball's play, those bonus points would be doubled..

That makes sense - with the EM you are rewarded for completing the ABC sequence by getting a double bonus...with the SS you get no additional reward apart from maybe 5000.

I wonder if Gottlieb made the EM playfield and rules first (highly likely I would imagine) and as they were going to use the same playfield for the SS, not worry about trying to incorporate the A & C outlanes fully into the rules.

1 year later
#58 5 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

been wanting an EM joker poker for awhile and realized they're pretty hard to come by so i set my sights on an SS version and was glad to hear that the game play is a little better on the this version. one came up locally and was in pretty nice shape so i picked it up. it doesn't work at the moment because of board issues so i ordered a Pascal 4 in 1 board, a CPR playfield and backglass. looking forward to rebuilding and playing it.

I was surprised to see that CPR still had the Joker Poker playfields in stock.

4 months later
#99 4 years ago

Looks like it's got 7 digit displays in...

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Joker Poker fans-I'd really appreciate it if someone could take a quick look at their Aces reset bank coil and compare it to the pic. Are you're wires oriented on the lugs as mine or are they reversed? Trying to sort out a blowing under-playfield fuse and this coil's locking up when the game is being powered on. This happened after i added a diode to it in what should have been the correct orientation.
THANKS!!![quoted image]

According to the manual the White/Black wire should be connected to the diode cathode (striped side of diode).
Screenshot_20190830-170136 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190830-170136 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20190830-170528__01 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190830-170528__01 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-club-feel-free-to-chime-in?tu=woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.