(Topic ID: 212775)

Joker Poker Club -- Feel Free to Chime In!

By TractorDoc

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Insane
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 80 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191026_182127878 (resized).jpg
0Joker-Poker-03 (resized).JPG
0Joker-Poker-02 (resized).JPG
0Joker-Poker-01 (resized).JPG
71816638_10212278782965296_8700382639544074240_o (resized).jpg
IMG_20190919_102837008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190919_102808402 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190830-170528__01 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190830-170136 (resized).jpg
IMG_1842 (resized).JPG
IMG_1838 (resized).jpg
IMG_1839 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190826_101218 (resized).jpg
20190112_083451 (resized).jpg
20190112_083216 (resized).jpg
20190112_083232 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tktlwyr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

In the club! I'm in the process of finishing up the restoration. I hope to have it finished within the next two weeks. The game was ROUGH but solid.

It has a new playfield and backglass by Classic Playfield Reproductions, new plastics, drop targets, posts, lane dividers, pop bumper bodies, lamp sockets, etc from Pinball Resource. All the metal has been re-plated or polished. The cabinet had the bottom replaced and fixed any visual imperfections. Pinball Pimp stencils were used for the repaint. The lamp insert board was dirty and was swelling in certain parts. I was able to cut the swelling down with a razor blade, sand it down and refinish it with a white tinted shellac based primer.

Pretty much what's left to do is clean the transformer board and harness, rewire the lamp insert panel with new ground braid and lamp sockets, install the Boston Pinball LED displays, fix some pins on the coin door harness and install the harness on an NOS coin door body. The old boards are out and it will be powered by Pascal Janin's PI-1/X4 board. I expect to play it soon!

IMG_8766 (resized).jpg
IMG_8763 (resized).jpg
IMG_8693 (resized).jpg
IMG_8687 (resized).jpg
IMG_8688 (resized).jpg
IMG_8692 (resized).jpg
IMG_8689 (resized).jpg
IMG_8575 (resized).jpg
IMG_8573 (resized).jpg
IMG_8559 (resized).jpg
IMG_8558 (resized).jpg
IMG_8557 (resized).jpg
IMG_8556 (resized).jpg
IMG_8555 (resized).jpg
IMG_8554 (resized).jpg
IMG_8553 (resized).jpg

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Yeah, awesome game. One of the best, imho.
I still have to install my CPR.

What sucks about this job are all the straight screws Gottlieb used. I replaced them all with phillips head.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from woz:

Rules are not perfect (though they are very good!). A and C in the outlanes serve no purpose. Completing ABC lights Extra Ball and/or Special (depending on 3 or 5 ball game) but that doesn't carry over to the next ball. So if the ball drains down an outlane and you complete ABC, you never get a chance to actually shoot for the lit Extra Ball/Special
I have often wondered how the rules could be rewritten to better incorporate the A and C outlanes....any suggestions?

The lights being lit DOES give you 5,000 points. Many games give you an outlane scoring opportunity.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from michaelgeib:

Question to those who did the CPR PF SWAP ... anything of note to be aware of? Swap is on my to do list.
Thanks
Mike Geib

Aside from the straight headed screws, some of the dimpling is off causing alignement issues.

1 week later
#34 1 year ago

Well, I finished the restoration today. This week I cleaned the transformer board, new sockets/wiring on the lamp insert panel, Boston Pinball LED displays, coin door installed (frame is temporary while the other is getting polished), most of the metal in the cabinet was re-plated in nickel-chrome, all new hardware and topped of with Comet sunlight frosted LEDs in the backbox/GI.

IMG_8822 (resized).jpg

IMG_8820 (resized).jpg

IMG_8818 (resized).jpg

IMG_8814 (resized).jpg

IMG_8813 (resized).jpg

IMG_8811 (resized).jpg

IMG_8810 (resized).jpg

IMG_8807 (resized).jpg

IMG_8805 (resized).jpg

IMG_8803 (resized).jpg

IMG_8800 (resized).jpg

IMG_8779 (resized).jpg

IMG_8778 (resized).jpg

IMG_8777 (resized).jpg

IMG_8776 (resized).jpg

IMG_8775 (resized).jpg

IMG_8809 (resized).jpg

IMG_8812 (resized).jpg

IMG_8770 (resized).jpg

7 months later
#51 12 months ago
Quoted from ZNET:

It's hard to find fault with either version, in my view. If the solid state version was never created, the EM game would nonetheless still rank among the very best EM multiplayer titles, I suspect.
As much as I like the SS version, I prefer the sensibility of the EM version. The EM's backglass composition is more appealing to my eye, with its cluster design of score reels as opposed to the symmetrical design on the SS.
The larger-sized array of playing cards on the EM backglass adds dimension, which is arguably more interesting.
Likewise, the EM reels simply look better than the vacant black abyss of the SS counterpart when the game is turned off.
Last, the EM's backbox better displays the backglass with its artistic graphic on the lower horizontal. The absence of that graphic on the SS disjoints the head from the cabinet, diminishing the aesthetic value, in my opinion.
There are few titles in which I would want both the EM and SS versions. Joker Poker is one such title. Each version possesses distinct attributes.

Personally, the SS is a better player. I guess it depends on if you want to look at it or actually play it.

6 months later
#68 5 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just joined the club finally. This is a fun game. I completely shopped the heck out of it and installed LEDs. Has the NiWumpf and I put in a playfield protector to smooth the cupped inserts.
I noticed its set up for 5-balls and it gives extra balls instead of free games. It also seems easy to get extra balls with the ABC and/or drop targets. So I have some questions for other owners:
How many balls is yours set to?
Extra balls or replays?
Extra balls disabled?[quoted image]

Hey, John! Welcome to the club!

This is the one solid state game I keep on 5 balls because of the rules. I have extra balls on, but it takes a VERY solid shot to my target to register. With my Pascal board, I have it set up to one extra ball per ball allowed.

Hope to see you at Point Monsters!

#76 5 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wish mine was getting an overhaul like this. I do have a CPR glass in mine tho. Looks great. Nice work.

Thanks, Neo!

#80 5 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Update: OK so I was looking at the documentation in the machine and found a receipt for the NI-Wumpf MPU from PBR dated March of 1996. That means this MPU is now 23 years old and the one that it replaced was only 18 years old when it was removed! Anyway, I'm figuring this board either has issues and/or really early firmware that are causing problems. I might just chuck it into my ever growing pile of old boards and put in a Pascal (Flippp) MPU. I sent an email to Ace at Ni-Wumpf to see if there is a new ROM he can send me...

I’ll bring my old NI-Wumpf this weekend for you to take and try. I also had a tilt issue prior to restoring the game, but it’s been fine since I finished, which included installing a Pascal PI1/X4.

BTW, I believe current NI-Wumpf firmware is 3.49.

2 months later
#103 76 days ago
Quoted from Mombo-number-5:

Just curious, and if you don't mind sharing, what was the cost of re-chroming all the parts you have done? A ball park would be good. It certainly looks killer! I have always wanted to do that to at least one game.

IIRC, it was about $600 to polish the siderails and lockdown, plate the door and metal on rear of backbox and hinges. Included in that price was also replating the metal in the cabinet, too, but not chrome.

1 month later
#111 34 days ago

Both CPR/Classic Playfields Reproductions and BGResto are glass.

The CPR/Classic Playfields version is the better of the two ON THIS TITLE. Although BGResto glasses are very nice, the lettering on the glasses appears fuzzy when backlit.

Either will ship them properly and I hav never received a damaged one from either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
North East, PA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tktlwyr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside