(Topic ID: 212775)

Joker Poker Club -- Feel Free to Chime In!

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240320_163011417~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240320-094152 (resized).png
1280px-Gtb-sys1sys80-coinbox-15 (resized).jpg
gtb-22227+ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240301-143556 (resized).png
PXL_20231205_223306989 (resized).jpg
IMG_1182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6800749_0 (resized).jpg
45199CDD-2D1C-4414-83CB-5F94CC58FBB5 (resized).jpeg
20221207_192014 (resized).jpg
20221207_190208 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
apron (resized).JPG
20220226_160241 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Had a reset on play today. Everything went dead, then it appeared to reboot(Ni Wumpf MPU). Kinda acted like a slam tilt. Do I need to disable the slam tilts on this thing?

I think in TNT's video of one, he mentions a slam switch on the coin door that if not having good contact will cause crazy issues. Can the ni wumpf board disable stuff like that with a setting or will you just physically disable?

I didn't realize I didn't post in here. I got my Joker Poker about a year ago, it is a basket case and I was told the small transformer smokes. So i'll be going pascal all-in-one board and boston's led displays w/ a arcade power unit to run a few voltages to make up for the small transformer being down. Pretty excited to get that game cleaned up! I'll bring it home to work on, after Pinball Pool and Galaxy

1 week later
#120 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

mrsanramon If I recall correctly, you should be able to leave the drop bank mech installed on the field and simply drop the bottom plate.
Use a dental pick to remove the springs, and slide the targets out the bottom of the mech.
Slide new targets up and in, reattach springs, refasten the bottom plate and you should be back in business.

I hope this works! I have a couple sys1 games to replace drops on.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It does, this is exactly how I do it, it is actually really easy once you get the hang of it.

My joker poker is at work but my pinball pool is at home. I was looking at pinball pool last night and I wasn’t sure the drop target would slide out of the bottom. It looked like the target face is too wide to fit through the top plate of the mech.

Dang I should of took a pic. I’ll be back at my office next week and can look at joker poker, and see if it’s different.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The target slide out from the top you can't pull them down through the playfield.
Robert

Ah, that’s what I figured. What is the best way to get the metal arm out from the middle of the drop target? Maybe when the bottom is unhooked it can be wiggled free?

#129 4 years ago

Awesome! I'll be trying this when I get to work on my joker poker and pinball pool new targets for both, thanks!

1 month later
#142 4 years ago

I had a set of husky picks that I used to help with springs.

I did all new sets of springs for pinball pool and I will for joker poker. Because I did springs, I found it easier to remove the bottom and back (back plate with switches attached) plates. Then I almost found using a pic to hard, I used mostly two fingers to pinch/pull the springs onto the tabs. With the help from everyone it made it easier on what to expect! Thank you.

Hard part now is flipper rebuild. Need to grind the chain tool to allow the flipper linkage to fit, and press the roll pin in/out.
9B35F84E-499E-4B9C-8D9A-CBF63D5D7B94 (resized).jpeg9B35F84E-499E-4B9C-8D9A-CBF63D5D7B94 (resized).jpegF74CCF1F-D901-4A13-B22C-368A714BC204 (resized).jpegF74CCF1F-D901-4A13-B22C-368A714BC204 (resized).jpeg

61EA25FB-DB11-44FD-9086-D35D655C0F7E (resized).jpeg61EA25FB-DB11-44FD-9086-D35D655C0F7E (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#173 2 years ago

Just came back to the JP club. What are people using for rubbers? I'd like to go super bands..... has anyone done unique colors?

#175 2 years ago

Added the 3 fuses to the small transformer!

Also pulled the chime unit to put in new sleeves and clean up the plungers. While I was at it, I added a molex plug to the knocker so the chime unit can come out easier/faster.

IMG_2324 (resized).jpgIMG_2324 (resized).jpgIMG_2325 (resized).jpgIMG_2325 (resized).jpg
#176 2 years ago

Titan bands came today. I did all purple except flippers in red...curious how it will look, but the plastic coloring was all purple......

Order from PBR should be here this week and thats all the drop targets, plastics, posts etc.

1 month later
#182 2 years ago

On a Joker Poker SS, when the power button is pressed, is the K bank of drops supposed to reset aka coil pulse?

When I power my game on I hear a coil fire, I found it was the K drop target reset bank coil. And the schematics say it uses that extra under pf transistor, but on pinballrepair's YT video there is no coil fire when he powers his up. Curious what normal behavior should be

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

System 80 machines sometimes have a power on thunk where a coil or coils fire. While I hadn't heard about that with system 1 machines I don't imagine the design flaw that causes it to happen was corrected then.
While doing some reaearch on this I found:
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball/c/WLEm0UZEd-Y/m/K0nYF1CiAAAJ talking about a reset and Kings targets that reset on boot because they are driven by a lamp driver and a message about adding a resistor to under playfield transistors to avoid this.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#Remote_Mounted_Transistor_Upgrade

I have the game fully working now and it does it, plus on the YT I think I heard it later in the video. Wonder if the old camera just didn't pick up the audio well enough. Seems like youre right, since it is a lamp driver.

ALso! Just fyi for my weird issue where only player 1 would work, adding any more players would keep redoing p1. The diode on the knocker coil was bad. I had added a molex to it so I could rebuild the chimes quick, and when it was unplugged I realized all 1-4 players worked. Tested the diode and it failed closed. replaced with N4004 and now it works!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-club-feel-free-to-chime-in?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.