(Topic ID: 212775)

Joker Poker Club -- Feel Free to Chime In!

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240320_163011417~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240320-094152 (resized).png
1280px-Gtb-sys1sys80-coinbox-15 (resized).jpg
gtb-22227+ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240301-143556 (resized).png
PXL_20231205_223306989 (resized).jpg
IMG_1182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6800749_0 (resized).jpg
45199CDD-2D1C-4414-83CB-5F94CC58FBB5 (resized).jpeg
20221207_192014 (resized).jpg
20221207_190208 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
apron (resized).JPG
20220226_160241 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megoman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 3 years ago

Recently acquired a non working Joker Poker SS. Went through controlled start up. Got as far as a the score displays properly booting, but when I connected the Driver board no coils fired. Edge connectors look goid and and pins are clean and tested.

Not sure where to go from here in terms of determining what the issue is? Trying to avoid shelling out $400+ for new boards.

Any thoughts / suggestions in trouble shooting would be appreciated.

3 months later
#171 2 years ago

Just had all the boards on my game repaired + upgraded (many thanks to Tim at Nabours Novelty -knowledgeable, honest and fair priced) so I now have a working game.

Never played before so just getting acclimated. On all of the 10 point rubber score switches, the machine is adding points for every hit, but the chime is only ringing every 10th score ... 100 pts, 200 pts, 300 pts etc. Is this working correct?

Any other nuances about how the games works that would be good to know?

Regarding scoring, what is a good set up for free balls?

And finally, what angle should I set game up for good play.

Thanks

1 month later
#181 2 years ago

Need some help

The A targets in my game are not always staying up after being reset.

Did a little investigating and learned that the reset bar essentially gets dented from repeat contact with the lifters so you no longer get full reset on the targets.

Anyone have a 5 bank target reset bar that is not particularly worn so I replace?

Thanks

4 weeks later
#186 2 years ago

Reading the thread about coil firing at startup.

My game wasn’t working when I got it. Had original boards repaired and game works great now.

When I power up game there is NO coil firing. Should a coil be firing as part of game turn on? If yes, what coil? If coil i is not firing is that a board or a mechanical issue?

Thanks

#188 2 years ago

So no “power on thunk” at start up is good.

Sweet!

#189 2 years ago

Next ...

I need plastics for behind the Jack and Queen target banks.

I have an extra left side plastic (the long one behind the 10) that came with the game for possible trade.

Thanks

#194 2 years ago

I got a JP game last Oct that was like yours - lit up but nothing else.

I followed the video Beadwindow included. Power board was OK, displays lit up (yours are not lit), but game would not boot. That meant main board issues.

Spoke to many people. Some were for replacement boards and others were for keeping game original with repaired boards.

I ultimately opted to get boards fixed as I wanted to keep game original. Game works great. As part of repair I had some recommended upgrades done to power board. Cost was $275. That new pascal board is about $460 delivered from Europe.

As for connector pins, there are over 250 on the various cables. I tested continuity across many of the connectors. Also sent main cable when boards were being repaired and it was tested and OK for use. Ultimately your choice how you want to handle. As said prior rejoining not hard, just tedious.

2 weeks later
#206 2 years ago

Need some help

Was playing a game and after second ball drained the ball #3 did not kick out.

Had the boards repaired months ago and since a has been good. Powered game off and then on. Pushed start, get a few notes like a new game is starting and then nothing with game staying in game over mode.

Opened up and checked all fuses. Back box looks fine.

While playfield was raised pushed start and game reset. Put playfield down, put ball in shooter and played. When ball drained … nothing.

Power off / on - push start and same as above … a few notes like a new game starting on then nothing.

Would appreciate some input in what may be happening based on what I described.

Thanks

1 month later
#221 2 years ago

Would appreciate some input

Having issues with the Ace drop bank. Some of the targets were not staying up at reset. I bought a used bank unit with a reset bar in great shape (no grooves in the metal). Replaced the bar, but I’m still having issues.

I did not replace the lifters. Is that something that needs to be dine as well? Other?

Thanks

1 year later
#296 9 months ago

I’ve got an issue with my Joker game. Game has original power supply (rebuilt) + original MPU (I had it repaired when I bought game 2 years ago) and original driver board.

Whats happening is all the playfield lights are getting turned on / off when the flippers or any of the bumpers are engaged.

Machine boots up fine. Game starts with playfield lights on. Press either flipper butter and all playfield lights go off. Release the flipper - the lights might stay off or turn on. When ball hits a pop bumper, all the playfield lights off go off. Gets turned back on with next hit or a flipper press.

I did a general check of the game. Looked for loose wires / connections. Re-seated the plugs on all the boards. Checked all the fuses.
Nothing specific turned up, but I did notice the Lightbox Lamp fuse (7.5v) was rather warm. I swapped it with a new fuse. Playfield lights still turn on / off as above and the new fuse also got heated up.

The other lamp fuse (Playboard Lamp - 7.5v) regular v temperature for fuses.

Not sure what to check next. Appreciate the help in trying to sort this one out.

IMG_3545 (resized).jpegIMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megoman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-club-feel-free-to-chime-in?tu=megoman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.