(Topic ID: 212775)

Joker Poker Club -- Feel Free to Chime In!

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240320_163011417~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240320-094152 (resized).png
1280px-Gtb-sys1sys80-coinbox-15 (resized).jpg
gtb-22227+ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240301-143556 (resized).png
PXL_20231205_223306989 (resized).jpg
IMG_1182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6800749_0 (resized).jpg
45199CDD-2D1C-4414-83CB-5F94CC58FBB5 (resized).jpeg
20221207_192014 (resized).jpg
20221207_190208 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
apron (resized).JPG
20220226_160241 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrSanRamon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 4 years ago

Joined the Club today!

Robert

IMG_20190526_101451 (resized).jpgIMG_20190526_101451 (resized).jpg
#70 4 years ago

I was playing a game on my joker poker today and in the middle of the ball the tilt game on, when I wasn't jiggling it or anything.

I turn the power off and back on and the game won't start.

When I turn it on player number one display shows 3 3 9.

Any help would be appreciated, since this is my first gottlieb machine.

Robert

1 week later
#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

It sounds like you got a bum game. I'd put the seller on blast and let everyone know what your experience has been like...

Kevin,

The excellent seller instantly sent me funds to replace the power supply board, and now the game plays fine.

I think I'll give the seller a big thumbs up for stepping up!

Robert

2 weeks later
#91 4 years ago

What do people have the slope of their game set too? I have mine at 5.5 deg, and thinking of going to 6.

The manual doesn't say as far as I can find, any comments?

Robert

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So that just leaves the tilt sensitivity issue. You really have to work hard to make it tilt. The plumb bob can clang up against the ring solidly ten times before it finally tilts. I'm going to trace the wiring and I have a feeling this is a bad connector at the CPU board. The game is 40 years old so might need to have some cables re-pinned. The tilt on my Sinbad is a little more sensitive but it leaves a little to be desired also. This may be an issue with the Ni Wimpf. I notice the Flippp board has an adjustment for the tilt..

My Joker Poker has a NiWimpf card and the tilt works as expected. Not sure what the board version is, but 1 bump of the plumb bob and the game goes into tilt.

Robert

4 months later
#118 4 years ago

I need to replace all of the drop targets, and am wondering if there is an "easy way" to replace the 10, Jack & Queen targets.

If I remove the entire assembly from the game I have a lot of switches to remove as well as the coils.

Would like to do this in a way that will keep me from causing a lot of collateral damage.

Robert

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Use a dental pick to remove the springs, and slide the targets out the bottom of the mech. Slide new targets up and in, reattach springs, refasten the bottom plate and you should be back in business.

What time can you be over?

Robert

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My joker poker is at work but my pinball pool is at home. I was looking at pinball pool last night and I wasn’t sure the drop target would slide out of the bottom. It looked like the target face is too wide to fit through the top plate of the mech.
Dang I should of took a pic. I’ll be back at my office next week and can look at joker poker, and see if it’s different.

The target slide out from the top you can't pull them down through the playfield.

Robert

#131 4 years ago

Well, I got the 10, jacks & queen targets replaced...it wasn’t really hard but it wasn’t easy either.

You need to take the bottom piece off as well as the “Side” piece that is closest to back of the game.

This tool is what I used with the springs:

7F2922BD-E9AB-48F5-9B99-C77080242B33 (resized).jpeg7F2922BD-E9AB-48F5-9B99-C77080242B33 (resized).jpeg

The targets are removed through the top of the playfield.

Robert

1 year later
#190 2 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

I need plastics for behind the Jack and Queen target banks.

eBay has some individual plastics for sale as well as a couple of sets.

Robert

1 year later
#285 1 year ago

Did anyone ever make cabinet decals for Joker Poker?

I'm on the fence about restoring my game and I don't want to have to use stencils.

Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrSanRamon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-club-feel-free-to-chime-in?tu=MrSanRamon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.