(Topic ID: 212775)

Joker Poker Club -- Feel Free to Chime In!

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 321 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240320_163011417~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240320-094152 (resized).png
1280px-Gtb-sys1sys80-coinbox-15 (resized).jpg
gtb-22227+ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240301-143556 (resized).png
PXL_20231205_223306989 (resized).jpg
IMG_1182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6800749_0 (resized).jpg
45199CDD-2D1C-4414-83CB-5F94CC58FBB5 (resized).jpeg
20221207_192014 (resized).jpg
20221207_190208 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
apron (resized).JPG
20220226_160241 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

I'm in. Really enjoy it. Take it every year to PATZ and it gets a lot of plays.

4 months later
#41 5 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Is there post somewhere of the complete rule set for JP?

I think the apron card pretty much tells all there is..

10 months later
#89 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks! I probably won't need the board though. At this point I fixed the board and installed the newest firmware which is 3.54. My Sinbad has 3.49 in it and works fine. The Joker Poker had 2.21!!
Anyway it turns out that not only was the firmware old, the EPROM itself was bad. It was the bad EPROM that was causing the issues. When I went to reprogram it, the chip failed verify. I found some spare chips (32KB) in my junk drawer and erased and programed a different 27C256 EPROM and now the game boots up just fine and the 5x bonus and extra balls work the way they are supposed to!
So that just leaves the tilt sensitivity issue. You really have to work hard to make it tilt. The plumb bob can clang up against the ring solidly ten times before it finally tilts. I'm going to trace the wiring and I have a feeling this is a bad connector at the CPU board. The game is 40 years old so might need to have some cables re-pinned. The tilt on my Sinbad is a little more sensitive but it leaves a little to be desired also. This may be an issue with the Ni Wimpf. I notice the Flippp board has an adjustment for the tilt...

Let me know what you find on the tilt issue. I recently had mine at a show, but it wouldn't tilt. I assume I bad wire, but haven't looked yet. The roll tilt works like it supposed to. I also have a NiWumph board.

2 weeks later
#94 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Funny I can make the plumb bob on mine clang like mad without tilting. I replaced the connector on the cable heading to both switch connectors on the MPU, and replaced the plumb bob and cleaned all of the other connections. There is also a tilt switch on the playfield that is wired in parallel with the cabinet tilt. This in an actual tilt and not a slam tilt. By the time the wires go down to the cabinet tilt and then up to the playfield tilt and then back up to the MPU, there are a few ohms of resistance there. The tilt on the playfield works great by the way. Problem with that one is that it vibrates so much that it almost always tilts through to the next ball.
As I mentioned above this happens on my Sinbad also. Once in a tournament at a friend's house people were sliding his Genie around like they were doing a waltz with it and it would not tilt. That game I'm pretty sure has a Pascal board. I wouldn't really care about this but my game all seem to end up being used in tournaments, so need to have a tight and fair tilt working. At this point I actually might install a tilt relay that I parted out of an old EM. In the mean time the tech at Ni-Wumpf said he is aware of this issue from previous experience and is looking into fixing it.

Ace is really good, hopefully he comes up with a solution.

1 month later
#97 4 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

I have a Joker Poker with the NI-Wumpth board, does anyone have the various game play adjustments that can be performed please.

Here is the link to the manual for the gen 2 board,
http://www.ni-wumpf.com/Gottlieb/System%201/NiSystem1Manual.pdf
here is the one for the older "legacy" board.
http://www.ni-wumpf.com/Gottlieb/System%201/System1Manual.pdf

1 month later
#108 4 years ago
Quoted from BearMetal:

I waited two years to find my first pin that I could afford and was close enough to pickup... And I finally have it! SS Joker Poker! It needed some TCL just to get working (Kings coil pull up resistor, driver board new transistor, some coils were EM without diodes and we're shocking the whole machine on every flip, etc).
But I learned a decent amount and got it 100% working! So stoked to finally be a part of the JP club!
Cosmetically, she needs a lot, but that can come in time. Lots more to learn. But in the meantime, I get a pretty awesome game![quoted image][quoted image]

looks pretty decent.
Back glass looks ok, fun game.

1 month later
#117 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi pinsiders
I refer to post-39 - here https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/joker-poker/ they offer a new backglass - NOT a translite. Somewhere they mention "Global shipping with UPS".
This http://bgresto.com/pics/gtb_jokerpoker2s.jpg I believe is a (partial ?) restoration of an existing, old backglass.
I would like to get informations to:
- Is it possible to have a translite mounted - shipment much easyer ? - how does a (repro) translite look in the pin ? - noticable different than an painted (repro) glass ?
- Who sells translites ? (preferrably in Europe)
- Who sells reproductions of Backglass(es) ? - in Europe ?
- When You just write "CPR" --- do You mean "classicplayfields.com" ?
- Have You (pinsider in Europe) got a CPR Backglass shipped ? --- did it came to Your place "not damaged" ?
See the JPGs - worst is area "player-3 counter" - is there an easy fix to do by myself ? - or should I just let it "as is" ? (The JPGs show what I bought (many years ago)) Greetings Rolf[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

you could probably scrape the blue from the glass then use the blue acetate? trick, if that is the worst of the problem. Clay talks about it in some of his videos.

1 week later
#130 4 years ago

Wish I had known these tricks, I just dropped the whole bank and replaced the ones I needed to.

5 months later
#143 3 years ago

Having an issue. i have cross posted to the Sys1-Sys80 topic as well.

OK, hopefully someone can help.
Joker Poker, tilt not working.
Pendulum that is.
According to the schematics it should be (please correct me if i am wrong)
Tilt switch, which is part of the roll tilt switch, looks like it should be the bottom most connection
Pur-wht to A6J1-6 ----A6P1-6 Pur-wht -- IN270 diode Pur --A1J6-7

Mine is
Tilt switch Wht-Blu---A6J1-6---A6P1-6 Pur-Wht then it appears to goto the playfield tilt switch.
i have no wire at A1J6-7, it has been rewired, but i have no purple there, and it doesn't appear that the wire loom has been molested at any time. just the A1J6 connector and about 5 inches of wire.
There are only 4 diodes on the bottom panel, i would believe that there should be 5 per the manual and schematics.

Any and all help is appreciated. Can anyone with Joker Poker see if what i am seeing is what they have?

6 months later
#154 3 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Question, is the upper flipper coil the same as the bottom 2? Couldn't find the answer in the manual. Mine is the same, and seems very strong being that close to the A drops. Worried about damage to the drop targets.

can't check my game, but according to the manual, the flipper coils are A-17875. It is listed on the Playboard Solenoids Scematic

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Ah, checked the manual but didn't catch that. Thanks.

No worries, glad i was able to help.

8 months later
#192 2 years ago
Quoted from hazeandz:

I received a Joker Poker machine and it lights up but doesn't do anything else, the score numbers don't light up either. The nearest place to even look at it is 2 and half hours away. Previous owner says it may be mother board, I think this is more than I can handle. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You should start by making sure everything is plugged in correctly, and that none of the fuses are blown. take some pictures of the inside showing the boards, and you will probably get some suggestions.

8 months later
#250 1 year ago

Has anyone seen or do you have a custom Apron card like this one? This is on a Sinbad. Sorry for the quality. It had general facts about the game, number produced, game designer, etc. i have seen them for other games, looking for on for Joker Poker.

apron (resized).JPGapron (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fernie, BC
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/joker-poker-club-feel-free-to-chime-in?tu=Insane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.