(Topic ID: 212775)

Joker Poker Club -- Feel Free to Chime In!

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Billc479
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220206_185013 (resized).jpg
20220206_185003 (resized).jpg
20220206_185005 (resized).jpg
20220206_185008 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240320_163011417~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240320-094152 (resized).png
1280px-Gtb-sys1sys80-coinbox-15 (resized).jpg
gtb-22227+ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240301-143556 (resized).png
PXL_20231205_223306989 (resized).jpg
IMG_1182 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6800749_0 (resized).jpg
45199CDD-2D1C-4414-83CB-5F94CC58FBB5 (resized).jpeg
20221207_192014 (resized).jpg
There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Has anyone seen or do you have a custom Apron card like this one? This is on a Sinbad. Sorry for the quality. It had general facts about the game, number produced, game designer, etc. i have seen them for other games, looking for on for Joker Poker.
[quoted image]

I have ordered several custom cards from mr_tantrum here on pinside. They have all looked great.

1 month later
#252 2 years ago

I have a pascal board in my joker poker. Anyone know if it’s possible to turn off EBs and set special to award points?

I thought I found the EB setting, but no matter what I choose, EBs get awarded.

Thanks!

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a pascal board in my joker poker. Anyone know if it’s possible to turn off EBs and set special to award points?
I thought I found the EB setting, but no matter what I choose, EBs get awarded.
Thanks!

it may depend on which version, but switch 52 should set special to 50,000 points instead of replay. switch 60 should set extraball to award 10,000 points.

both of those are in the DIP switch Plus menu. also note I have not tried these, just reading the manual I have.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

it may depend on which version, but switch 52 should set special to 50,000 points instead of replay. switch 60 should set extraball to award 10,000 points.
both of those are in the DIP switch Plus menu. also note I have not tried these, just reading the manual I have.

Thanks! Didn’t realize there was a second dip switch menu. We will see if they work.

#255 2 years ago

So those additional adjustments did the trick! They turn off EBs and award 10k for each EB and special earned.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So those additional adjustments did the trick! They turn off EBs and award 10k for each EB and special earned.

cool, although I like getting extra balls I'm sure would be good for league play and such.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

cool, although I like getting extra balls I'm sure would be good for league play and such.

Yep. That’s it. I think 5 balls per player is plenty to decide who the better player is. Haha

2 months later
#258 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me the paint color/ maker for the cream color on the head / door frame?
The previous owner of a game I bought recently painted the front frame of the head door black.
I’m assuming that will be the same color as the white cream color on the cabinet.
Thanks.

#259 1 year ago

My head matches the cabinet. Not sure what cream color to use - it depends on the fade.

#260 1 year ago

Thanks, yeah makes sense to simply color match.

#261 1 year ago

Troubleshooting my chimes. 100 (middle chime bar) works great and I can hear each ding clear and strong even when it fires several in a row, like when a target drops. The 10 (small chime bar) will sound ok if it only fires once. If I try to fire another one too quickly it can’t keep up. The plunger moves freely, but no sound is heard. The 1000 (long chime bar) is terrible. The coil fires each time and I can see the nylon tip nearly hitting the chime bar, but no sounds are heard. Example, during bonus countdown the 1000 fires a lot, but almost never hits the chime bar.
Sleeves replaced, as an experiment I raised the plunger resting foam up, and then up even further but it didn’t seem to make a difference. I’d like to verify I have the right coils in the game. They have 2 lugs. The manual shows they should be a different coil, which I have but they have 3 lugs! That must be a mistake right? Thanks for any suggestions.

#262 1 year ago

The coils should be two lug with diodes. If its three lug, it may have flipper coils and the wiring is connected to the hold windings instead of the power windings.

If you can't replace the coils with the correct ones, try disconnecting the control wire (A wire that is not daisy chained to the other coils) and put it on the tab that is not connected and see if that makes a difference.

#263 1 year ago

Game currently has A-17876, which I think is correct per pin wiki. Manual shows A-17875, which is 3-lug. I think that is a typo.

#264 1 year ago

I will have to tear down my chimes to see which coils my machine is using. Hopefully, someone else will “chime in” (pun intended!) with what coils their machine has.

#265 1 year ago

17876 in mine as well as what's on the schematic

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#266 1 year ago

Anyone have a set of Joker Poker Reese Rails they no longer need?

1 month later
#267 1 year ago

Looking for some help. Just picked up a very nice Joker that is having some chime issues. Chimes are sketchy. All three work on start up. One works all the time during play, other one here and there and 3rd no dice. During coil test 2 of the 3 test fine, I believe the 1000 chime will not work which is weird as they all work on start up. Tried new board and No change. Any thoughts on where to start?

#268 1 year ago

What kind of shape are the chime coils and sleeves in? Any binding?

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

What kind of shape are the chime coils and sleeves in? Any binding?

Good call. I took it for granted that the previous owner said they checked them but when I took it apart I found the foam stop for the chime plungers torn and they were falling down too far and getting stuck in the glue. Replaced the foam and working fine. Thanks for the tip.

#270 1 year ago

Hey guys. I lost displays while my Joker Poker was in attract mode.

It's got a new Janin 4-in-1 board in it so there shouldn't be any board problems. Most of the connectors (if not all) were redone at some point in it's past life. The displays were working when I initially turned it on, we were all playing different games, and the next thing I notice was that all the displays are blank. they are the original displays.

I was planning on replacing them with Wolfpac displays anyway, but wanted to figure out if it was a display problem or something else. it would seem quite odd that all the displays died at once, or if one dead/dying display has any impact on other displays. I'm not sure if they get daisy-chained or whatever.

All fuses test good with a DMM, and all wiring/connectors are good as well.

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I lost displays while my Joker Poker was in attract mode.

There's a small round fuse on the Pascal board for the displays. From memory when that fuse blows the 60V/42V LED on the PI-1x4 board doesn't light so you can easily check it.

#272 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

There's a small round fuse on the Pascal board for the displays. From memory when that fuse blows the 60V/42V LED on the PI-1x4 board doesn't light so you can easily check it.

Thank you! I'll take a look.

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

The 60/42/8V LED isn't lit, the one that you indicated. Where is the fuse located on the board that you are referring to?

20221207_190208 (resized).jpg20221207_190208 (resized).jpg
#274 1 year ago

I think I found it. It doesn't beep out.

Why would it have blown in the first place?

20221207_192014 (resized).jpg20221207_192014 (resized).jpg
#275 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think I found it. It doesn't beep out.

Why would it have blown in the first place?

That's the fuse.

See Pascals FAQ and check your displays:
https://www.flippp.fr/faq.php#F51

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

That's the fuse.
See Pascals FAQ and check your displays:
https://www.flippp.fr/faq.php#F51

I found one of the legs of the capacitor on display 2 had broken. I soldered it back on, replaced the fuse with a spare that came with the board, tested each capacitor and display as directed and the displays are working now.

I should probably have a few more of those radial fuses on-hand.

Thank you!

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I should probably have a few more of those radial fuses on-hand.

The earlier PI-1x4 boards used an 80mA fuse. Might be wise to get some in that rating too. Cheaper for you to get them locally. Anyway board/fuse details are here:
https://www.flippp.fr/spare.php

#278 1 year ago

Hey Quench may I just say that’s a helluva job you did there helping FatPanda out like that. You’re always ready to step up and offer aid. For myself and many others, I say thank you!

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

You’re always ready to step up and offer aid. For myself and many others, I say thank you!

Cheers, all part of the service
Wish I had more time to delve into Gottliebs.

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Hey Quench may I just say that’s a helluva job you did there helping FatPanda out like that. You’re always ready to step up and offer aid. For myself and many others, I say thank you!

Quench is the best! He helped me out of nowhere when I was a noob with my first Bally SS, Paragon, and has been so helpful with numerous issues I've encountered along the way with SS games since. I've learned so much, but clearly have so much to learn! Such a great person and one of the reasons why Pinside is more than just the negativity that people tend to focus on.

1 month later
#281 1 year ago

finally installed the new playfield I’ve had sitting around for a couple years.

45199CDD-2D1C-4414-83CB-5F94CC58FBB5 (resized).jpeg45199CDD-2D1C-4414-83CB-5F94CC58FBB5 (resized).jpeg
#282 1 year ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

finally installed the new playfield I’ve had sitting around for a couple years.
[quoted image]

Beautiful!!

#283 1 year ago

thanks. went pretty smoothly--only issue was one of the two holes for one of the wire guides wasn't drilled but that was an easy fix.

2 weeks later
#284 1 year ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Same here, Quench has helped me out quite a bit. Much appreciated.

2 weeks later
#285 1 year ago

Did anyone ever make cabinet decals for Joker Poker?

I'm on the fence about restoring my game and I don't want to have to use stencils.

Robert

#286 1 year ago

Opinions wanted...

I'm starting on a PF swap and need to do something about my play field rails. They're kind of ugly to begin with having that wood grain contact paper on them that really doesn't match anything else on the machine. Mine are pretty beat up as well.

So, going to have Leon make me a set. My first inclination was to just have them cleared leaving the natural color and wood grain. Now I'm wondering how black would look.

So what would you do? Black, natural, or ???

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Opinions wanted...
I'm starting on a PF swap and need to do something about my play field rails. They're kind of ugly to begin with having that wood grain contact paper on them that really doesn't match anything else on the machine. Mine are pretty beat up as well.
So, going to have Leon make me a set. My first inclination was to just have them cleared leaving the natural color and wood grain. Now I'm wondering how black would look.

Joker Poker I will probably do natural when I get to mine, or for something different maybe white. Hulk I did black, but I think goes better with the art, pinball pool I did natural maple cause I like the grain pattern.

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Opinions wanted...

i think black would look pretty bad. it's always hard to beat natural woodgrain.

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Opinions wanted...

I cut mine out of oak and left it uncoated and natural. I think there are pics somewhere in this thread. I'll see if I can find them.

I guess this was the only one I took and posted. I can take/post more if you want.

Pinside_forum_6800749_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_6800749_0 (resized).jpg

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I cut mine out of oak and left it uncoated and natural.

Hadn't considered that, but I do like how it looks. A big improvement over the originals. Thanks!

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Opinions wanted...

If you can find an earlier Gottlieb parts playfield with the maple rails you can easily refinish them and swap them to your JP. I did that to the Gemini I swapped an NOS playfield into many years ago.

1 month later
#292 1 year ago

Can someone tell me what size the screws are that attach the head to the lower cabinet? TIA

#293 1 year ago

Hello Joker Poker pinsiders!

I bought a JoPo kit with many missing parts at the end of 2022. It was disassembled and stored years ago. In the meantime I cleaned and fixed all mechanical parts and mounted GottFA1 plus board. Unfortunatedly all playfield wiring is missing so next step wóuld be a complete rewiring of the playfield.
This seems to be an impossible mission for me. I' d like to stay with the original as far as possible. Yeah I know, GottFa1 isn't original...

Does by any chance anyone of you have a Joker Poker playfield harness for sale? i. e. all wires under the playfield up to the connectors A1J7, A3J3+4+5 and A6J4+5. I have all connectors.

I could offer a complete GottFA1 plus board, plug and play for any Gottlieb Sys1 Game in exchange.
https://lisy.dev/gottfa1_plus.html

All the best from Munich, Germany

schaedl aka Stefan

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Can someone tell me what size the screws are that attach the head to the lower cabinet? TIA

If you are referring to the ones behind the head that go through the vent strips into t-nuts, they are #10-32 1" long.

The ones in the backbox to bolt it down are 3/8"-16 3-3/4" long.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

If you are referring to the ones behind the head that go through the vent strips into t-nuts, they are #10-32 1" long.
The ones in the backbox to bolt it down are 3/8"-16 3-3/4" long.

Thank You BorgDog!

3 months later
#296 1 year ago

I’ve got an issue with my Joker game. Game has original power supply (rebuilt) + original MPU (I had it repaired when I bought game 2 years ago) and original driver board.

Whats happening is all the playfield lights are getting turned on / off when the flippers or any of the bumpers are engaged.

Machine boots up fine. Game starts with playfield lights on. Press either flipper butter and all playfield lights go off. Release the flipper - the lights might stay off or turn on. When ball hits a pop bumper, all the playfield lights off go off. Gets turned back on with next hit or a flipper press.

I did a general check of the game. Looked for loose wires / connections. Re-seated the plugs on all the boards. Checked all the fuses.
Nothing specific turned up, but I did notice the Lightbox Lamp fuse (7.5v) was rather warm. I swapped it with a new fuse. Playfield lights still turn on / off as above and the new fuse also got heated up.

The other lamp fuse (Playboard Lamp - 7.5v) regular v temperature for fuses.

Not sure what to check next. Appreciate the help in trying to sort this one out.

IMG_3545 (resized).jpegIMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
#297 1 year ago

Looking for a new Joker Poker playfield.

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Looking for a new Joker Poker playfield.

CPR has them. I put one in my JP as well as one of their back glasses.
Sorry… I just saw that they’re out of stock.

IMG_1182 (resized).jpegIMG_1182 (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#299 7 months ago

Im in the club! Love the machine, but have an issue with the 10's scoring ad nauseum. Will track it down when i have the time, but still so glad to get this in the collection!

PXL_20231205_223306989 (resized).jpgPXL_20231205_223306989 (resized).jpg
#300 7 months ago

it's consistently our guests' favorite pin in the line up. expensive, but get the pascal 4 in 1 board for even better game play with options like a skill shot, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
North Mankato, MN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.