(Topic ID: 212775)

Joker Poker Club -- Feel Free to Chime In!

By TractorDoc

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Cheddar
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2325 (resized).jpg
IMG_2324 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
8B86E0EF-1DBD-47E5-9586-E0FAACA8CEC7 (resized).png
IMG-3348 (resized).jpg
20210110_142501 (resized).jpg
20210213_134016 (resized).jpg
20210101_103917 (resized).jpg
20201212_191541 (resized).jpg
7D76A7AC-685A-4961-AEBB-ED79A3ECA0C6 (resized).jpeg
PlasticsMost.JPG
08126E82-E9EE-4786-8242-D94D7C8607BD (resized).jpeg
D91F2793-874B-46A7-B93A-147CEC834B79 (resized).jpeg
20200714_094258 (resized).jpg
20200714_094310 (resized).jpg
20200714_094253 (resized).jpg

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 months ago

This should work..

PlasticsMost.JPG
#152 8 months ago

Perfect, thank you!

Quoted from BorgDog:

This should work..
[quoted image]

2 weeks later
#153 7 months ago

Question, is the upper flipper coil the same as the bottom 2? Couldn't find the answer in the manual. Mine is the same, and seems very strong being that close to the A drops. Worried about damage to the drop targets.

#154 7 months ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Question, is the upper flipper coil the same as the bottom 2? Couldn't find the answer in the manual. Mine is the same, and seems very strong being that close to the A drops. Worried about damage to the drop targets.

can't check my game, but according to the manual, the flipper coils are A-17875. It is listed on the Playboard Solenoids Scematic

#155 7 months ago

Ah, checked the manual but didn't catch that. Thanks.

Quoted from Insane:

can't check my game, but according to the manual, the flipper coils are A-17875. It is listed on the Playboard Solenoids Scematic

#156 7 months ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Ah, checked the manual but didn't catch that. Thanks.

No worries, glad i was able to help.

1 month later
#157 6 months ago

Wondering if anyone has found a source for multi-color insulated wire that's close to what Gottlieb used? In particular I'm looking for Black/White, White/Black and Red/White. Thanks!

1 month later
#158 4 months ago

Recently acquired a non working Joker Poker SS. Went through controlled start up. Got as far as a the score displays properly booting, but when I connected the Driver board no coils fired. Edge connectors look goid and and pins are clean and tested.

Not sure where to go from here in terms of determining what the issue is? Trying to avoid shelling out $400+ for new boards.

Any thoughts / suggestions in trouble shooting would be appreciated.

#159 4 months ago
Quoted from megoman:

Any thoughts / suggestions in trouble shooting would be appreciated.

I no longer have one, but I would start with making sure that you have good grounds everywhere. Start here: http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/index.htm#ground
That was the main thing I had to do. Then, I found some problems with the old Ni-wumpf board that was installed. But always fix the grounding first.

2 weeks later
#160 4 months ago

“Happiness is getting your first pinball delivered & set-up”. And it just happens to be a quality Joker Poker!! Cheers fellow Pinsiders.

7D76A7AC-685A-4961-AEBB-ED79A3ECA0C6 (resized).jpeg
#161 4 months ago
Quoted from Flatroll:

“Happiness is getting your first pinball delivered & set-up”. And it just happens to be a quality Joker Poker!! Cheers fellow Pinsiders.
[quoted image]

Good for you, brother!

#162 4 months ago

Just got my joker poker fixed up, definitely not show quality like some of the others but it's a great player and definitely a keeper for me!

20210110_142501 (resized).jpg20210213_134016 (resized).jpg20210101_103917 (resized).jpg20201212_191541 (resized).jpg
#163 4 months ago

that's gonna be a negative on the colored leds, ghostrider but congrats on a great pin.

#164 4 months ago

still in the plastic in this pic but looking forward to doing the swap.

IMG-3348 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#165 3 months ago

Does anyone have both there solid state and the EM? I think they would be cool to have but wondering what it is like in real life?

#166 3 months ago
Quoted from woz:

I was surprised to see that CPR still had the Joker Poker playfields in stock.

No any more I bought the last one.

8B86E0EF-1DBD-47E5-9586-E0FAACA8CEC7 (resized).png
#167 3 months ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Does anyone have both there solid state and the EM? I think they would be cool to have but wondering what it is like in real life?

pasted_image (resized).png
#168 3 months ago
Quoted from luch:

[quoted image]

You are a true Joker Poker fan. Gotta ask ... is there a difference between the backglass hanging on the wall and the SS Joker Poker next to it?

#169 3 months ago

no difference , the wall hanger is an original back glass and door frame

#170 3 months ago
Quoted from luch:

[quoted image]

luch that is super cool and I am super jealous!!!!

1 month later
#171 51 days ago

Just had all the boards on my game repaired + upgraded (many thanks to Tim at Nabours Novelty -knowledgeable, honest and fair priced) so I now have a working game.

Never played before so just getting acclimated. On all of the 10 point rubber score switches, the machine is adding points for every hit, but the chime is only ringing every 10th score ... 100 pts, 200 pts, 300 pts etc. Is this working correct?

Any other nuances about how the games works that would be good to know?

Regarding scoring, what is a good set up for free balls?

And finally, what angle should I set game up for good play.

Thanks

1 week later
#172 39 days ago

Hi Group,

I wonder if anyone has had the issues that just started with my SS version. It had been working great for months, then started getting weird behaviors:
- the Aces targets all reset once one of the targets is dropped
- if a ball goes down the B inlane, the special lights up

I first thought switch matrix, but all the diodes seemed to check fine. Any thoughts where to search next (short, board issue, etc.)?

3 weeks later
#173 18 days ago

Just came back to the JP club. What are people using for rubbers? I'd like to go super bands..... has anyone done unique colors?

#175 15 days ago

Added the 3 fuses to the small transformer!

Also pulled the chime unit to put in new sleeves and clean up the plungers. While I was at it, I added a molex plug to the knocker so the chime unit can come out easier/faster.

IMG_2324 (resized).jpgIMG_2325 (resized).jpg
#176 12 days ago

Titan bands came today. I did all purple except flippers in red...curious how it will look, but the plastic coloring was all purple......

Order from PBR should be here this week and thats all the drop targets, plastics, posts etc.

#177 10 days ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Hi Group,
I wonder if anyone has had the issues that just started with my SS version. It had been working great for months, then started getting weird behaviors:
- the Aces targets all reset once one of the targets is dropped
- if a ball goes down the B inlane, the special lights up
I first thought switch matrix, but all the diodes seemed to check fine. Any thoughts where to search next (short, board issue, etc.)?

sorry for the late reply I just found this topic.

I'd check the playfield switch connector. It's in the corrosion zone. Make sure the connector is tight and the pins and the pads on the board are shiny. Then do a switch test and make sure everything is reporting correctly

#178 10 days ago

Hello gentlemen. Just picked up a joker Poker. I am looking to replace the playfield. Does not have to be a new reproduction or anything like that. Can be unpopulated or populated. In decent shape but not perfect. I can do some touch ups. Let me know if any of you have one that I can purchase. Maybe you wanted a perfect playfield and took out something that was not 100 percent and replaced it? Please let me know what you have. Thanks.

#179 9 days ago

Unless I am misinformed, I don't think the original board has a true switch test, does it?

Quoted from Cheddar:

sorry for the late reply I just found this topic.
I'd check the playfield switch connector. It's in the corrosion zone. Make sure the connector is tight and the pins and the pads on the board are shiny. Then do a switch test and make sure everything is reporting correctly

#180 9 days ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Unless I am misinformed, I don't think the original board has a true switch test, does it?

wow it looks like you are correct. my bad. I guess put the game into play and activate switches and make sure things react as expected

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside